PDA

View Full Version : bad news for jdm b20a tranny swap

mykwikcoupe
10-01-2006, 08:54 PM
My brother has an extra y1 tranny from his 93 teg b18a. So I traced out a stencil of my jdm b20a 5 speed and brought it down for comparison. Its way off. And since they say all non vtec b series tranny;s are interchangable, I think this means were stuck with out low quantity of jdm b20a transmissions. I dont know off hand if the vtec transmissions swap with non vetc so Ill take my stencil to a JY the next time I go. Fingers crossed

shepherd79
10-02-2006, 04:46 AM
i don't know where you got the idea that JDM B20A can use regular B series tranny. We knew that 3-4 years ago when carotman compard diff trannies.

carotman
10-02-2006, 06:17 AM
i don't know where you got the idea that JDM B20A can use regular B series tranny. We knew that 3-4 years ago when carotman compard diff trannies.

Yup. There's no harm in comparing them but the belhousing is proprietary to the Accord B20A.

What still NEEDS to be compared tough are the internals. I posted all the part numbers in the FAQ but part numbers aren't revelant of the actual part itself. 2 similar parts can have a different number, especially since we have the Acura division here.

You should definitely compare the internals.

mykwikcoupe
10-03-2006, 05:12 PM
yeah, I fiured in the modern b series the non vtec stuff is all swappable and the vtec stuff is all swappable. I kinda guessed that the b20a is the 1st b series so what the hey. Ill have to pull off the bellhousing and see if itll bolt up to the b20a. All id need to check is splines and input shaft length right. I know the axle splines are all the same cause Ive got a b16 lsd.