PDA

View Full Version : <ahhhhh Fcuk it.,...

MyGarbageLXi
08-30-2002, 05:09 PM
i spent a hour in my car today tooling around and when all was done i came out exhasuted and having accoplimshed NOTHING, :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: so i hav questions:huh:
I had intentions of doing TWO th ings this afteernoon, 1 being geting my Stock Stereo OUT of the car and time willing putting the NEW ONE in, and TWO getting the GAUge Pod out so i can Cram my Custom Gauges in it, bu i couldnt do either so shoot me:ego:

so hes the QUestions....
ONe...how the FFFFFFFF do i get the Dash off
and TWO how the FFFF F F F F do i get the fucking Stereo out, Detailed instructions PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

YK86
08-30-2002, 05:22 PM
LOL.
1)Pop out all the switches (dimmer, rear defrost, sunroof) and take out all the screws that are behind them. Pop off the cover on the top of the dash and remove the two screws there. Slide the dash/cover out. Take out the four screws that hold the gauge pod. Pull it out just a bit and unhook the speedo cable and then all the wiring plugs. Done.
2)I forgot but I think this was how you did it:Take out the ash tray and the metal part it slide on (three screws). Go under the dash (behind the ash tray) and you'll find a 10mm bolt or screw that holds the back of the deck to the frame. Take that out. The deck should slide out. Now I may have mixed part of the instruction from when I took out the deck on my 83 Accord. It's been a while since I did them so I may have mixed the two up.

AZmike
08-30-2002, 06:08 PM
The stock stereo on my 89 LXi had 2 screws in the back. That's all that held it in so once those are out it's just harnesses after that.

89BlackH-Back
08-30-2002, 06:10 PM
if you havent bought the new stereo yet buy it from circuit city and they will install everything for free

88WhiteLX-i
08-30-2002, 07:23 PM
LOL Circuit city blows, well the one near me does. Installing a radio is not that hard. Try it yourself first and then if you can't do it then let them do it.

Red88Hatch
08-31-2002, 11:25 AM
yeah man installing a head unit was cake for me..... well cuz pioneer rules, and they gave me everything i needed to install her. SO dont waste money at circuit shitty they ask too much for their decks in the first place

shepherd79
09-01-2002, 03:25 AM
yeah man, take the two screws on the back of the stereo, you should be able to see them if you look under the middle part of the dash. they may be high but you should be able to see them.
take them out and pull the headunit out.

jigga225
09-04-2002, 02:14 PM
1 - Recline the passenger seat all the way back.
2 - Lay down on it upside down with your feet by the headrest.
3 - Put your head by the foormat and get to those screws behind the radio that attach it to the frame.

smufguy
09-16-2002, 07:44 PM
if u cant do anything even this time with all this help here is what u can do. Just run upto your car and smash into it. you will feel much better when u wake up :)

GreenMachine
09-18-2002, 08:26 PM
From your sig, it looks like your talking from expierence .. lol

sanjay
09-18-2002, 10:51 PM
everything what everyone said is right,
esp. jigga225
"put your feet on the headrest...."

T-Funk
09-19-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by jigga225
1 - Recline the passenger seat all the way back.
2 - Lay down on it upside down with your feet by the headrest.
3 - Put your head by the foormat and get to those screws behind the radio that attach it to the frame.

fucking genius, i was getting a sore back looking around down there lol

sickboy
09-23-2002, 07:38 PM
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/djsickboy/pics/devilslayer.gif