PDA

View Full Version : Window and Door trim question....

RamThis
10-02-2006, 09:31 PM
I want to know if Honda still makes the Rear window trim and clips, and the door felt trim pieces, and possibly the upper windshield trim for the 3geez?????

I've practiced removing all trim pieces from my donor car, and it all comes off amazingly easy. I think I may strip my car down now and repaint it, knowing how easy all the trim comes off. But, if I do that, I want to put new trim on, at LEAST the front/back window trims since they are the worst. The door trims arent too bad, I could probably revive them, depending on availabilty and price of course!

So, what say ye? This stuff still available at the dealership new?

Other sources perhaps to obtain the trim? (not a JY either lol)

forrest89sei
10-02-2006, 09:49 PM
I want to know if Honda still makes the Rear window trim and clips, and the door felt trim pieces, and possibly the upper windshield trim for the 3geez?????
I've practiced removing all trim pieces from my donor car, and it all comes off amazingly easy. I think I may strip my car down now and repaint it, knowing how easy all the trim comes off. But, if I do that, I want to put new trim on, at LEAST the front/back window trims since they are the worst. The door trims arent too bad, I could probably revive them, depending on availabilty and price of course!
So, what say ye? This stuff still available at the dealership new?
Other sources perhaps to obtain the trim? (not a JY either lol)

Yes They do, I ordered new clips for myself.

I got mine here http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts.php?ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Honda+Accord+Parts&ovcrn=accord+parts&ovtac=PPC&utm_source=GGL&utm_campaign=Honda%2BStore&utm_content=Honda%2BAccord%2BParts&utm_term=accord%2Bparts&utm_medium=PPC

RamThis
10-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Hell yeah, that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!!!!

Prices are a bit steep, but yeah, that kicks ass!!!!

Now I gotta find out if they take PayPal :bandance:

forrest89sei
10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Hell yeah, that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!!!!
Prices are a bit steep, but yeah, that kicks ass!!!!
Now I gotta find out if they take PayPal :bandance:

They don't.

but you can buy the visa gift cards with amounts from $50-500 at alot of gas stations or 711's, that you you don't put your info online

RamThis
10-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Good to know :D

2ndGenGuy
10-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Prices are a bit steep...

Honda clips are so freakin expensive. When I repainted my car, new trim pieces cost me $300-400... It wasn't that many clips. They were just $7.00 each.

MessyHonda
10-03-2006, 07:23 AM
you might get them cheaper from like a auto body shop....when i took my class i broke some clips for the side door molding....and my teacher pulled out a catalouge of all the clips....it took me like 20 mins to find the same exact one....it was like 3 bucks a clip or buy the whole bag of clips for like 20 bucks....i got lucky cuz he already had some i have him like 2 bucks for the 4 clips.....

RamThis
10-03-2006, 04:05 PM
you might get them cheaper from like a auto body shop....when i took my class i broke some clips for the side door molding....and my teacher pulled out a catalouge of all the clips....it took me like 20 mins to find the same exact one....it was like 3 bucks a clip or buy the whole bag of clips for like 20 bucks....i got lucky cuz he already had some i have him like 2 bucks for the 4 clips.....

Ahh ya know, been a few years but I did have a guy that helped me out with some stuff at a body shop in my old town. Might stop by and see what he could order me. Great idea thanks. :)