PDA

View Full Version : So I got a B20A...I think

ChaseR
10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Ok I have been e-mailing this guy over at this website for about two weeks now. He says He has the Motor with 5 Speed in Stock and I can have it at My door for $600 Shipped, however they say they are too busy to provide pictures and He still has not given Me the first Three digits of the Serial #. He assures Me He knows what motor I am talking about and says this motor came from a Japanese 89 Accord And not the Lude. He seems frustrated that I am so skeptical but lets see where we are at...

After I order the motor I will post the name of the website, I just dont want anyone jumping on this before Me. It is a havily advertised, apparently reputable motor swap company though that is in many Magazines...

MessyHonda
10-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Ok I have been e-mailing this guy over at this website for about two weeks now. He says He has the Motor with 5 Speed in Stock and I can have it at My door for $600 Shipped, however they say they are too busy to provide pictures and He still has not given Me the first Three digits of the Serial #. He assures Me He knows what motor I am talking about and says this motor came from a Japanese 89 Accord And not the Lude. He seems frustrated that I am so skeptical but lets see where we are at...
After I order the motor I will post the name of the website, I just dont want anyone jumping on this before Me. It is a havily advertised, apparently reputable motor swap company though that is in many Magazines...

it would suck if you got stuck with a lude engine.

ChaseR
10-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah im stuck between a rock and a hard place Until he provides those Numbers. I made a Decision not to buy until He does so, I dont give a damn how busy He is..

ghettogeddy
10-04-2006, 05:10 PM
no one is ever to busy to make money period

rjudgey
10-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Trouble is does it come with all the bits you need? Shafts, half shaft, half haft bearing support, all the engine mounts, alternator etc. etc.

bullard123
10-05-2006, 05:12 AM

I won'tbelieve it. That price sounds to good to be true.

snoopyloopy
10-05-2006, 07:14 AM
if all else fails, $600 to your door isn't bad and you can resell it to someone with a lude to get back some of your money.

BITESIZE
10-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Dont spend the cash, till u know it's 100% legit.

Vanilla Sky
10-05-2006, 11:32 AM
a japanese 89 accord is an F series. the 89 accord in japan is the 90 accord in the US.

ChaseR
10-05-2006, 01:22 PM
ok now He says its from a 88Accord, when I brought that up... Other than that still no serial, Also I thought all I needed for the swap was the Motor, Tranny and rear mount... A20 Axles wont work? Yeah its a complete Long block.

MessyHonda
10-05-2006, 01:25 PM
ok now He says its from a 88Accord, when I brought that up... Other than that still no serial, Also I thought all I needed for the swap was the Motor, Tranny and rear mount... A20 Axles wont work? Yeah its a complete Long block.

tell him to snap some pictures....of everthing....does it come with a tranny? cuz if it doesnt your S.O.L

AccordB20A
10-05-2006, 01:42 PM
cool thats a good price for you US guys to get a b20a. lets hope its the right one. im running out of b20a parts so i cant help you if you need things like power steer pumps alternators and shafts.. i do have an AC pump and upper bracket tho lol

ChaseR
10-05-2006, 02:21 PM
wohdog, when I go to install this (assuming its the right one) could I call on you to hook Me up with Parts, Paid of course, as well as for your time... eOh also the swap Im supposedly getting has a 5speed tranny with it

reanimator420
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
damn good deal as long as it is the right motor

frantik
10-05-2006, 03:05 PM
if he won't give u the full serial then tell him no deal.. a legit seller would have no problem giving u that kind of info.

reanimator420
10-05-2006, 03:08 PM
unless the seller has not even got it/yet..............