PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust leak

Coitis1
08-30-2002, 07:44 PM
alright, a while back(about 1.5 to 2 months) my car starting getting loud in the top end. thought it was a small leak and i just put it off. well this past week it is now a lot louder and it smells like gas. i'm broke as hell so unless i can get this fixed for $50 or less than it's staying this way a little longer. i just wanna know if there is a common spot that these leaks occur, or if it is my muffler. oh yeah, has anyone bought a stock exhaust or muffler? how much does each cost? thanks.

Vanilla Sky
08-30-2002, 08:14 PM
well, if the hole is small enough, got to an auto parts store and get a muffler patch kit... i had to do that to my muffler, and it really has outlasted the muffler, but rust had already set in...

Derick

dXsquared
08-30-2002, 09:48 PM
the flexpipe rots easily and it is usually the firtst to go. if it is the muffler then think of gettin a performance one. just go to a local exaust shop and ask for an inspection
Travis

87accordlx
08-31-2002, 02:23 AM
a good way to tell where the leak is coming from is to wake up early one day when it's still cool out and start her up, look for white smoke coming from under the car