PDA

View Full Version : Pulsating and brake noise problem

conozo
10-06-2006, 08:04 AM
This has been going on for a long time 60,000 miles to be exact and im getting real sick of the brake pedal and steering wheel pulsating. In the mean time the rotors, pads, calipers, wheel cylinders, shoes, drums, and all other brake hardware have been replaced at least once.

This is the problem. My rear right brake (a drum brake) is messed up. Im %100 positive that this one is causing all my problems. I can hear it make noize, i see that it has more brake dust sometimes, and when i pull the ebrake i feel it pulsating in the rear.

So besides the pulsating even after all of these items have been replaced it makes a noize thats hard to describe. Its not a screetching its more like a creeking that is caused by the shoe sliding along the part the shoes are attached to. Yes i have greased it with the correct grease.

So this is what im thinking is causing problem but i need your input to.

Possibility #1:when my sister had the car she possibly hit a curb and bend the spindle ring which would cause the wheel hub not to be perpendicular wit the brake shoe backing plate (or whatever that this is called)
Possibility #2: the brake shoe backing plate is bent somehow causing the shoes to actually lift off the backing plate and snap back on it which would possibly expain one of the sounds
Possibility #3: the wheel hub is messed up causing the drum to rotate unevenly

I dont know if anyone has had this problem but let me know what you think. I will tell you that resurfacing the drums is not the solution. 2 dealorships and 3 other auto repair shops have done that so many times that they made me get new drums....they have never figured out what the problem is

http://honda.conozo.com/pics_3geez/Shopmanualrearsuspension1919.GIF

conozo
10-06-2006, 03:54 PM
maybe ill post a audio recording of the sound tomorrow or something so you can get a better idea what it sounds like

....anyone....