PDA

View Full Version : New car !!!

denhonda
10-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Collected my new EXR today! Its a 1985 2.5g Auto as I've mentioned on a previous post. It clocked 37k miles on the way up the road & managed the 500+ mile drive with no problem. Got free breakdown cover with my insurance but should have had more faith in Honda reliability. Took it easy as I didn't know when the cambelt was last changed but found in the service record that it was done 2000 miles/7 years ago which is something I suppose. Fuel eco was astonishingly good.

Seller had described the car as timewarp condition with a few 'parking souveniers' but I'd describe it as pretty damn good with a few scrapes & bashes. Certainly most of the 'souveneirs' will need to be fixed before I'll be happy with it, but unusually for a UK car, there is no rust so I'm really happy about that. Used to get cavity waxed annually apparently. The exh back box is holed though.

It drives like a new car, has disc brakes all round wit ALB, the interior is immaculate & it has history & receipts going back to when it was new. The guy bought the car in 1986!

It came with all its original keys (& tag) & is spending its first time outdoors in 20 years tonight. Pity its raining. It'll be getting it garaged again pretty soon once I've sold another car but the dilema I'm faced with is whether to use it as my daily drive or keep it like my '82 for sunny days? Would be a shame to pile the miles on it IMO.

Will get pics up when I get a chance.

ChaseR
10-06-2006, 03:41 PM
hehe 86' Was the year I moved to the UK! I was just born! Maybe I saw that car?

2ndGenGuy
10-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Miles? Miles are nothing for a Honda. It's nice though to keep it low I guess. But that's only any good for resale value. Hondas really love miles if you ask me. You should daily drive it. THat doesn't mean you can't take care of it...

speedpenguin
10-07-2006, 04:23 AM
37K? That's awesome! Pics please!

What's ALB? Anti-Lock Brakes? Were they aftermarket? I didn't know you could get an '85 Honda with that.

offthahook
10-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Euro Accords got ABS, moonroofs in the 3 doors, a nice center console, maybe even digital climate controls, maybe power windows on the 3 doors as well. They had some pimped out 2G Accords over there...

denhonda
11-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Appreciate your comments!

This EXR is seriously pimped out! We never got leather here so its got a velour interior, but I'm fine with that as I don't like leather anyway.

To clarify what its got... Headlamp wipers/wash, Cruise, Anti-lock brakes, Discs all round (obviously), Speed sensitive PAS as usual, AC, Elec windows, Elec sunroof, Wheel trims & the usual stuff.

Gave it the once over at the weekend & found a couple of bits of corrosion unfortunately. A little under the paint at the sunroof - arghh! And a little on the n/s/r arch as a result of a dent. Its got dents/scrapes to all the n/s & o/s panels & the exhaust tail pipe is holed. Got a new exh on order & I'm gonna have to figure out what to do with the bodywork. Repairs & a respray is probably the only way out as far as I can see but that'll have to wait for a little while when I've got money to throw at it. The ALB light is coming on aswell now so I'll have to check that out.

Meantime I'm just gonna look after it, preserve it & use it on sunny days & most importantly give it a good service. Oh & I want a set of Honda Prelude 13" alloy wheels to replace the steels. I'll probably put the steel wheels on the '82 as its (no PAS) steering is too heavy with its 15" alloys!