PDA

View Full Version : The clock

Tomisimo
10-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi to you all :)

I have a qvestion. Do anyone here have same problem as i do?
Mi clock dosint work properly, it lights up from time to time and dies soon after hmmm... I tried mostly everything but...IT DOSINT WORK.
I seen many cars on a skrapy that had the same problem, i wos thinking to replace mi old one.

Any one?

ghettogeddy
10-07-2006, 04:12 PM
mine goes out some times and u have to bang the dash to get it to turn back on but it think its just a connection prob

Tomisimo
10-07-2006, 04:15 PM
mine goes out some times and u have to bang the dash to get it to turn back on but it think its just a connection prob

Funny coz i did the same thing :) lol. I have open up the clock to see if it wos a conection problem, didn find any...
It is anoing. realy

my89dx
10-07-2006, 04:21 PM
I had the same problem and I replaced the clock itself and it took care of the problem. You might want to try and replace it and see if it will work, otherwise you might have a connection issue which shouldnt be too hard to do if you know what you are doing.

ChaseR
10-07-2006, 04:27 PM
there are a few OEM clocks on eBay right now FYI

A18A
10-07-2006, 04:28 PM
oo mine does the same, i just fixed it today too, all my wire harness n all was good, but still died every now and then, i just bang the dashboard around the heater controls n glove box and it worked all good since

Tomisimo
10-07-2006, 04:30 PM
I had the same problem and I replaced the clock itself and it took care of the problem. You might want to try and replace it and see if it will work, otherwise you might have a connection issue which shouldnt be too hard to do if you know what you are doing.

THX man... i allready tried that, maybe i need to wire it up mi self from scrach? coz i suspekt that when i put clock in plase, backend of ISO Jumper bends downworts, wich coz that conection problem.

lostforawhile
10-07-2006, 04:59 PM
the clocks themselves suck. if you open it up it's pac man electronics. I tried to replace mine 4 times but I was finally able to fix it by taking it out and hitting it with a really big hammer. fixed it good. LOL. I have gauges there now and a different clock.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/p076ef5831870a2b471a94929a97af798/eec95efe.jpg

88Accord-DX
10-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Just a thought, check for a loose ground wire. Make sure you getting good voltage to the clock too.

MessyHonda
10-07-2006, 10:30 PM
yeah next time you go to the junkyard you might want to pocket a clock...:thumbup:

hotdoghogie
10-07-2006, 10:44 PM
lol... and i thought i was the only one... u know if your cars off u can press the cover for the reset button and it will light up the clock... just a little sumthin i find interesting

Tomisimo
10-08-2006, 04:59 AM
yeah next time you go to the junkyard you might want to pocket a clock...:thumbup:

Lol... Mi frend ones a junkyard :) i get mostly parts for free :) lucky me

A18A
10-08-2006, 05:20 AM
lol... and i thought i was the only one... u know if your cars off u can press the cover for the reset button and it will light up the clock... just a little sumthin i find interesting
:rofl: i actually laughed when i read this post haha, not dissing you, just thought it was funny... and :welcome: :)

hotdoghogie
10-08-2006, 12:05 PM
i just got the thing and i just found out theres a button in the middle of the car that keeps your headlamps propped while your lights are off... i'm pondering a sleeper light might be in future plans with some internal modding to that little button

mkymonkey
10-08-2006, 12:43 PM
ooooh coooooool a NOS button huh hahahaha

oh and my clock didnt work either when i first got the car. it turned out to be just a fuse :sad2:

Tomisimo
10-08-2006, 01:02 PM
so it's fuse then? ground in ather words?

mkymonkey
10-08-2006, 01:13 PM
well for me it was one of the fuses under the hood. i dont exactly remember which one though. and i cant check for you because i dont have the car here

lostforawhile
10-09-2006, 01:02 PM
I checked all that in mine,I had hot, constant hot,ground,and the illumination wire from the light circuit(this dims the clock at night) I just kept getting more bad clocks.

stat1K
10-09-2006, 01:24 PM
the fuse is the one that says clock/ecu under the hood. if someone replaced the radio without tkaing the negative cable off there is a good chance that fuse blew. mine did it twice. but that's only if the clock resets... if it just turns off i'd just forget about it and use my stereo for a clock.

hotdoghogie
10-09-2006, 01:26 PM
i think theres just a flaw in the clocks... if u reely rip them apart there a little more complicated then i originally thought

Tomisimo
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
its not to complicated for me, wos top gradueted in elektro in mi klass. i just dont have to much time to do all the waering. I gona tri a fuze check some day soon. this sems promesing.