PDA

View Full Version : Why stay 3g?

BeatThisLXI
10-07-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm getting a bit tired of my 3g. I mean sure it's still fun to drive and all, but I dunno, it's just not as aesthetically nice as a LOT of other cars I could afford. I mean, now I'm really close to buying this '90 Fairlady Z with twin turbos for $4000. Having test driven that, I just feel so unsatisfied with my current little daily driver. Even looking at all the really nice upgraded accords in the 3g garage, all I think is, damn I'd much rather have a 3g prelude. So I mean, why don't you guys who put a ton of cash into your accords just buy something really sweet with that cash?

forrest89sei
10-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm getting a bit tired of my 3g. I mean sure it's still fun to drive and all, but I dunno, it's just not as aesthetically nice as a LOT of other cars I could afford. I mean, now I'm really close to buying this '90 Fairlady Z with twin turbos for $4000. Having test driven that, I just feel so unsatisfied with my current little daily driver. Even looking at all the really nice upgraded accords in the 3g garage, all I think is, damn I'd much rather have a 3g prelude. So I mean, why don't you guys who put a ton of cash into your accords just buy something really sweet with that cash?

Because some of us have a special connection with theses cars.

Because most of us couldn’t afford higher priced cars at the times we bought out cars.

Because some of us might of grown up with the car and inherited it.

Because some of us want to be different!

you will see 10,000 moded other honda's to a moded 3GEE

I agree I really like the 3rd Gen Prelude and hope to get one someday, but I do plan on first getting a better cond 3gee Accord!

88Accord-DX
10-07-2006, 09:11 PM
It's my back up if I need a "ride".
I also have too much cash wrapped up in it. I have no other reasons to keep it besides that.

RamThis
10-07-2006, 09:21 PM
I also have too much cash wrapped up in it. I have no other reasons to keep it besides that.

Ditto. Once I bought it, and fixed it up to drive, that was it. It's mine now, I'd take a loss to sell it. So, nothing else to do but dump a bunch more money into it.....

Somehow that just doesnt make any sense.... :nuts: LOL

Legend_master
10-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I think the machine iteself inspired a nation, millions of these cars were produced and sent to this country. This set the motion of a small car company into one of the most reliable cars ever made. Look at the milage thread for this thing plenty of 3k+ miles. I dropped some cash into my ride, but you cant tell me your not going to have to put money into a TT z-car from 1990 that only cost 4K.

Pico
10-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Why not stay 3G?
The wife and I have a newer F150 and a Mercury SUV, But to me there's something about the 3G, I drive it everyday,
Sure it may be a old car, but I maintain it and it treats me good.
You can have a 1000 reasons why you should sell it but im my opinion theres nothing better to be driving a car that you know you can easily work on especially where there is no aftermarket support, It's just a matter of pride, but thats just me :D

Pico
10-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Dp

Steve_Si
10-07-2006, 09:36 PM
If you want one of the most expensive cars to maintain that ever came out of Japan, then by all means get a 300ZX. In NZ US$4,000 is in the upper-middle price range of what they sell for and still they are hard to sell. Also they get like 15mpg :P

But 3G Preludes are all good, at least you get a proper B20A that way. Mate of mine bought a 1990 facelift NZDM 2.0i-16 recently, same as the JDM 2.0Si. It has 4WS, manual, sunroof, white, 81,000miles and it only cost US$1300

MessyHonda
10-07-2006, 11:00 PM
my first 3 gee gave me problem so i got the Lx-i.....i dont see alot of moded 3gees....its always good to knoe that you can mod any car....im only 18 so this car is reliable and get good mpg....i would hate to get rid of both of my 3gees since my mom bought it new when i was 1 month old and now i drive it.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-07-2006, 11:19 PM
I inherited my first 3g from my sister, it had already been in our family since about 93, so i grew up with the car and loved it.

Also, I have driven lots of other cars; 240sx, civic, etc.. and none of them feel right or feel as comfortable to drive as the accord. And i feel as though i know the car so well now, it'd be wierd driving something else.

Hell, if I took all of the money I have put into my accord(s) by now I probably could have bought a new fit or maybe even a GTR, but IMO there's something rewarding about putting money into for me.

ICEMAN707
10-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Why I keep my 3gee? New car = High insurance rates and Car payments which equal to no money left to mod your car the way you want it. Like I always say, a car is just a shell, you can make of it what you want so long as it has a straight, rust-free body. Plus, nothing satisfies me better than me being able to have more mods in my car than the dude with the newer car because of the money left over I save from keeping it. For $4000, you can make a really nice 3gee if you know how to spend it wisely.

MECM
10-07-2006, 11:34 PM
It is my first car and there is something about it when I look at all the lines of the car and the way the car is put together that keeps me attached to it. That may sound a little wierd to you but perfectly clear to me. I even have plans for this car later in the future. It's funny because somebody will say what a crap car I have and it would go in one ear and out the other. I have to much respect to take stupid shit like that from anybody when they are driving around on there daddy bought car showing it off. They get no respect from me. If they want to show me they can pay for it themselves and truly love there car as much as I love mine then I would give them respect.:rant:

Hash_man_Se_i
10-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Like I always say, a car is just a shell, you can make of it what you want so long as it has a straight, rust-free body

Thats my main problem right now... And its pretty frustrating. Come spring though when I'm not so damn busy with school I will make my way down to cali and find a rust free body.

A18A
10-08-2006, 12:07 AM
i love them, many spare parts, cheap(ish), i know them too well etc..

frantik
10-08-2006, 12:38 AM
well they're cheap, reliable, and easy to work on in addition to being fun to drive.

but if you like something else more and can afford it go for it.. if i had more money i'd probably be driving a 2nd gen legend cause i think those look hella sick.. though now with my new suspension and cai i'm pretty damn happy with my 3gee :D :D

mkymonkey
10-08-2006, 07:44 AM
i have two other cars...both 01 honda's and i still drive the 3g more. well now im driving it more, for the past two months it was parked. lol...but now im driving it like i used to. i bought this car to sell it actually. but the only reason i kept it was because of these guys (3geez). this is actually one forum on the fucking millions online where i feel like i fit. no bullshit and everyone is friends.

i would not sell the damn car because just like everyone else, i'd take a loss and feel kinda dumb. so i rather just feel stupid by spending more money on it! :D

ICEMAN707
10-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Thats my main problem right now... And its pretty frustrating. Come spring though when I'm not so damn busy with school I will make my way down to cali and find a rust free body.

That's all the good reason why most of us keep our 3geez is when we find one in really good shape and know it's like gold when you find one. Spend a few days sanding and prepping and put on a fresh coat of paint, these cars are truly nice cars. I think the new trend now is retro with modern components like those old datsuns with sylvia and skyline engines in another thread. That's what I ultimately want to do to my 3gee one day - once I have the funds to do research on how to swap in another honda engine. You guys who have swapped engines in your 3geez should be so fortunate and I say keep up the good work. Don't abuse it, just chill and cruise knowing you have one truly unique ride and it only gets better. Don't be intimidated by those dumbasses out there.

gp02a0083
10-08-2006, 09:42 AM
im with ice man on this one , my hatch costed me 250 from the JY and i only put in about 250 in parts so far , so figure for 500 i can turn the car around for at least 1000 b/c its FI but like hell am i gonna give up another hatcie, espically wehn my current hatch is alot better as far as body wise than my black 89 alltho i did really like my black 89 hatchie :violin:

Pico
10-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Looks like 99% of us agreee on keeping it 3G :thumbup:

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-08-2006, 10:12 AM
For $4000, you can make a really nice 3gee if you know how to spend it wisely.
exactly, i think that some of the members on here that give up the 3g cant figure that out. Theres so many different ways you can go with fixing it up like JDM or EDM parts, Parts off off the se-i, Custom made parts, looking for parts that arent made anymore like the DC stuff and even getting factory options like the window visors. I think that a rust free body with fresh paint, tint, rims, factory spoiler and a small drop looks nice and you can do it fairly cheap.

ICEMAN707
10-08-2006, 10:39 AM
It's like this: you could find a low-mileage JDM A20 on eBay or any Jap engine importer and 84-87 Prelude Si tranny from the j/y...maybe $1000-$1200 for both. Aftermarket performance clutch & flywheel combo, maybe $300. If you do all the work yourself or have friends that know how help you, you still got $2000+ left over for mods like paint, tint, rims, and other stuff. For that $4000, you can make the 3gee like new again. Just keep away from spending on the aesthetic stuff and spend it on performance, handling, new window trim, and paint and I guarantee you can't get a $4000 car anywhere close to the condition of your 3gee by the time you are done. "Dreams aren't bought, they are built"

A20A1
10-08-2006, 11:33 AM
The 3G is really sweet without mods.

With mods it just gets better.

I hope to own one again... and hold onto it longer this time.

ChaseR
10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
It's really purdy..... But for some reason I think Driving My new Civic is going to be the difference between an F-16 and an old P-51 Mustang!

AccordEpicenter
10-08-2006, 01:30 PM
dollar for dollar its probably not the fastest thing for the money, but you know, there is just somthing soo damned fun about blowing away $50000 cars with a 3G honda accord. Generally nobody expects the car to be fast, thats why we kick the shit out of the competition with it. The shock factor is what makes this car my fav, even over the TL.

speedpenguin
10-08-2006, 04:03 PM
It's unique, quirky, and satisfying to drive. It's reliable, and easy to get attached to. I had to get a new car, because mine had become a money pit. It was a difficult decision to make, and if I ever need a second car, believe me, I'll be getting a 3G.

Toneloc5145
10-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Like others, I inherited mine from my parents. It had low miles and we/I knew everything that was replaced or needed to be replaced on it. On top of that, everything aesthetically was in excellent shape.

I grew up with my 3g being the family car, and so many memories come with this car. Those are memories you can't forget, and they make me love my 3g more than any other car out there. I dont care if its old, slow, w/e, its mine and its been in the family for almost 18 years. I can't help but love it.

HondaBoy
10-08-2006, 05:11 PM
heh, well in my own experience i would highly not recommend the turboed Z of that year. but thats just because i have seen so many run well but turn out to be crap when they are driven hard. anyways, i will probably not ever sell my 3gee. i've put too much time and money into it to get rid of it now. it just wouldnt be worth while to me. i have also been given this car from my grandma. i also have a '76 datsun 280Z, which when i got it was pretty well running, which it still is. but needs a lot of work. just turned over 136000 miles on the 3gee. runs real nice still.

ICEMAN707
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Here's a nice example of what a few grand can do:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/597000-597999/597708_91_full.jpg

snoopyloopy
10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
iceman, you got b-series mounts?

Hash_man_Se_i
10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
^^ Thats not icemans car... not sure who's it is though, it looks good though.

this is actually one forum on the fucking millions online where i feel like i fit. no bullshit and everyone is friends.

I could not agree more. This is one of the best forums on the net. Lots of my friends try to find good forums for their cars, but say there is just so much BS out there, and way to many e-thugs lol.

ICEMAN707
10-08-2006, 11:55 PM
No it's not my car. It was someone else's and he was selling that car for like 4 grand. Wish I had the money at the time. I would have gotten it. It even has Skyline R33 taillights. But I can't seem to find a pic of the rear. I wonder if he ever sold that car...

A18A
10-09-2006, 12:01 AM
^^ Thats not icemans car... not sure who's it is though, it looks good though.
I could not agree more. This is one of the best forums on the net. Lots of my friends try to find good forums for their cars, but say there is just so much BS out there, and way to many e-thugs lol.
i also agree, this is the only forum i actually stayed with lol

ChaseR
10-09-2006, 12:03 AM
damn If someone was selling a Car like that right now I would have to buy it...

Tomisimo
10-09-2006, 04:33 AM
I could not agree more. About all you gues said.

There is one more thing. The 80's was something cool. all cars loocked diferend, nowadeys you se thereis audi or vw = loocks same to me, mercedes or hundai senatra = loocs the same. shit take two pics of MB S-class and newist Lexus IS 300. compere to wich ather. you'l se same lines.
Where im gowing is that modern cars trieng to copy each ather. Unlikly for 80's. The 3Gee have so much sole and corisma in it. Girls love it as i expereansed.

one more faktor. When Honda enproduse this 3Gee to the world, they made the best car they ever made. Coz they wontit to take over marked in US and EU. they compered with brand like MB, BMW, Audi, VW, Ford. Damn They Did IT.
Mi 3Gee. I have coz its relaeble car, once you have it rust free. I dont mind to spend 13k krona on fixing rust. 13k krona is allmost 2k$. You se now how much i love mi car. I dont have a plans to sell it eather.

REn0
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Theres something really nice with an 80's early 90's import, the lines and boxes, love it, im not selling the 3gee it will be part of my collection....87 Accord, 88 CRX and a 91 prelude :bong:

3ghondaerodeck
10-09-2006, 09:55 AM
since I was a little boy I was fascinated by the headlights, but I never knew what car it was, now I found my childhood dream for 300 euro's. plus it's the most reliable car I ever had. so that's why I'm staying with this car and I love it. It's aerodynamic design, the headlights, the cool handling, you never see it anymore on the roads (they've almost all been flattend at the junkyard) so it's rare aswell.

I'm never going to get rid of my aerodeck (unless I crash it) I love it

I LOVE MY 3G!!!!!

BeatThisLXI
10-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I guess you guys are really right, and it's like every other day, I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it cause I really do love the thing. But what makes it REALLY discouraging is that I know very close to ablsolutely nothing about car parts and installation, which makes me think I'd have to go to shops to get all my work done. Which I could NEVER afford. I don't even have a place to work on it. I live in an appt. complex, and they say "no vehicle maintenance in the parking lot." So I'm pretty much stuck with light, 1-day mods.

snoopyloopy
10-11-2006, 11:27 PM
well at least you're already fi. since you are, most mods shouldn't take longer than a day unless something goes wrong in the install or you try to turbo it. or you try the auto-manual swap.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Start off small doing an intake, header and exhaust and you will learn a lot about how the car is setup.

chickensandwich
10-12-2006, 09:15 PM
ittheres a simple solution to make ANY car so fast. just need the big motors, big turbos, ... etc.

me personally, i just like how the lines on the car flow smooth with the body style unlike the 4th gen and 5th gen accords.

and something about those "cardboard" box style cars ... their just classic in looks (ef civic, crx.. datsun 510's , older bmw's, 2nd and 3rd gen ludes.. etc..)

BeatThisLXI
10-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey I just saw this water/methanol injection system for like 300 bucks! Seems like an awesome idea! What do you all think?

jigga225
10-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Man these cars have a nice design and are great on reliability. Never has an 86 Family car looked so good.

mastaofdisasta
10-15-2006, 08:03 AM
the reason im staying 3gee, is just because its what im comftorable with, i know the car decently, its my first car, i guess im just sentimentally attached, and i do actually like the asthetics of the inside and outside of the car, and i take pride in having a 3g accord that is in decent shape i guess

hotdoghogie
02-11-2007, 09:03 PM
ummm well my car is a car i got 4 free then came across soo many lucky deals sumthing is telling me to keep it...
good insurance for a 17yr old

has a rep for being a d16 eater on the streets...

the fact that i know im the only properly modded 3 gee in all of tulsa

the fact its only 1 of 3 modded 3 geez in tulsa

cumfy and lots of torque

engines are simple cheap and the little things bout these engines can make a big diff

car looks mean not sweet

i get to drive my friends 300zx TT just bout every other day

must i go on...

teck
02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
why get rid of 3gee?? this car was paased down to me...hell im still looking for a newer faster car yes. but i will not sell this gee nor get rid of it unless the body rots away. as for putting money into it hell yeah.. all i can afford at my age. anything newer would skyrocket my insurance any way...sucks being 18...just cuz im young they think im a risk tisk tisk

A18A
02-11-2007, 10:27 PM
cause i dont want anything else :rant:

LX-incredible
02-11-2007, 10:40 PM
My first vehicle was a 1988 GMC 3/4 Ton 454 Suburban, which I still own. All of my friends were also into trucks except one. We always gave him shit for having a dink jap car. After a couple years he drove under a truck and smashed the hood, fender, core support and headlight. He bent the AC condenser and cracked the radiator. He drove the damn car for several months without ever opening the hood. He was ready to junk it, so I offered to fix it for him. For $100 we got a new fender hood and headlight, I shimmed parts to match and painted the hood. It would take a close look to tell it was in a accident. He drove the car for another year until the water pump went out. The shop he took it to wanted like $400 for the pump and labour and again he was ready to junk it. I did the pump for him and he gave me his stereo as payment for my work on the car. A few months later he got his acura and offered me the honda for $300. I took it, put the stereo back in, and figured that I would drive it until it quit and save money for the burban. I soon realized how comfortable the car was and how fun it was to drive, I was hooked. Over the next two years I fixed all of the shoddy body work properly (after the hood came open at 50 mph:bowrofl: ), redid the suspension and steering, axles and countless other things. I have too much into the car to sell it and even if I could sell it for a profit, I wouldn't. I love my car, I learned much from it, and it is a great project. 3geez 4 life!:rockon:

MessyHonda
02-11-2007, 10:50 PM
My first vehicle was a 1988 GMC 3/4 Ton 454 Suburban, which I still own. All of my friends were also into trucks except one. We always gave him shit for having a dink jap car. After a couple years he drove under a truck and smashed the hood, fender, core support and headlight. He bent the AC condenser and cracked the radiator. He drove the damn car for several months without ever opening the hood. He was ready to junk it, so I offered to fix it for him. For $100 we got a new fender hood and headlight, I shimmed parts to match and painted the hood. It would take a close look to tell it was in a accident. He drove the car for another year until the water pump went out. The shop he took it to wanted like $400 for the pump and labour and again he was ready to junk it. I did the pump for him and he gave me his stereo as payment for my work on the car. A few months later he got his acura and offered me the honda for $300. I took it, put the stereo back in, and figured that I would drive it until it quit and save money for the burban. I soon realized how comfortable the car was and how fun it was to drive, I was hooked. Over the next two years I fixed all of the shoddy body work properly (after the hood came open at 50 mph:bowrofl: ), redid the suspension and steering, axles and countless other things. I have too much into the car to sell it and even if I could sell it for a profit, I wouldn't. I love my car, I learned much from it, and it is a great project. 3geez 4 life!:rockon:

wow nice story....sounds like you have a nice car..and its always good to know the history of the car.

Foxy3GLXI
02-11-2007, 11:40 PM
I like the 3G's. For some reason I think that the pop up headlights are sexy...lol.....Plus I am getting about 40 MPG in Mine. Thats almost as good as my CRX. I want to get another one...Plus after taking a 65 mile an hour impact in my car and still being able to drive it with no problems....I stick to these cars. I'd like to see a new car get hit the way that mine did.

2oodoor
02-12-2007, 06:19 AM
I like the 3G's. For some reason I think that the pop up headlights are sexy...lol.....Plus I am getting about 40 MPG in Mine. Thats almost as good as my CRX. I want to get another one...Plus after taking a 65 mile an hour impact in my car and still being able to drive it with no problems....I stick to these cars. I'd like to see a new car get hit the way that mine did.
FINALLY somebody mentions the pop up headlights, that is the coolest thing. These cars look awesome with just a few cosmetic upgrades like 15 inch wheels, painted mouldings, tinted glass. All that others have said here is truth, they are unique and have a certain BENZ appeal.
It is also that different look, somebody said, after 1990 everything looks the same , especially at night.
One thing though, nothing looks worse than a ragged out 3G, U G L Y
Funny thing too, as big as the place I live is, I spotted a fellow member that I never met, never saw the car before, but I just knew it had to be a 3Geezer, and sure enough, it was.. AND the car really did not have any changes on it that would make it stand out. It was just the TLC showing.

speedpenguin
02-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Girls love it as i expereansed.

It's the truth.

Blkblurr
02-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I keep mine because I bought it new. It has never left me stranded anywhere, It's fun to drive, it never gets stuck in the snow, it's cheap to operate, I love the lines of the car, it runs as good today as when it was new and I know if I got rid of it I would miss it too much. I drive an S2000 in the spring and summer and still look forward to getting in my SE-i during the summer.

Steve_Si
02-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Even if you get rid of your 3G and get something newer, you will always want to go back. My gf and I both drive full on JDM SiR Accords, one a 5th gen wagon and the other a 6th gen Torneo sedan. Neither one stopped me from wanting another 3G.

diegoaccord
02-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Actually I left the 3G a very long time ago. I HAVE to have a Honda that can be readily swapped to DOHC VTEC. No $700 mounts you cant find anyway, custom axles, blah, blah that you need to do.

Guess what...I want another 3G as a beater though. For the same reason I DONT want one as my project. I can do the appearance mods I want easily + cheaply,(Si wheels, slam, complete blackout.) but I know the engine cant be touched or swapped, so I wouldnt be tempted to spend money to make it fast.

hotdoghogie
02-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Actually I left the 3G a very long time ago. I HAVE to have a Honda that can be readily swapped to DOHC VTEC. No $700 mounts you cant find anyway, custom axles, blah, blah that you need to do.
Guess what...I want another 3G as a beater though. For the same reason I DONT want one as my project. I can do the appearance mods I want easily + cheaply,(Si wheels, slam, complete blackout.) but I know the engine cant be touched or swapped, so I wouldnt be tempted to spend money to make it fast.

hater... :thumbdn:

86AccordLxi
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Realist !

Fixed!

Alex

hotdoghogie
02-12-2007, 10:10 PM
:gun:
Fixed!

Alex:violin:
:rant:

1990DSM
02-12-2007, 10:16 PM
I've owned 3 DSM's, one that was running mid 12's on the stock turbo with a full interior. They were nice looking cars, very easy to modify and somewhat sought after because of this, but, they didn't have the reliabilty of a Honda and neither do a lot of the NICER sports cars. I've got a buddy in Elkhart (Indiana- big race town) that had a street legal 4th gen Accord that would run 11's all day and the damn thing wouldn't break down!!!
Sure they're almost impossible to find performance parts for, and when you do they're expensive as hell, but when you finally get to that point when you can drive it around feeling satisfied that you did the impossible, it's kinda nice.

86AccordLxi
02-12-2007, 10:19 PM
The problem is originality costs money and takes time. These are two resources which few here have.

Alex

hotdoghogie
02-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I've owned 3 DSM's, one that was running mid 12's on the stock turbo with a full interior. They were nice looking cars, very easy to modify and somewhat sought after because of this, but, they didn't have the reliabilty of a Honda and neither do a lot of the NICER sports cars. I've got a buddy in Elkhart (Indiana- big race town) that had a street legal 4th gen Accord that would run 11's all day and the damn thing wouldn't break down!!!
Sure they're almost impossible to find performance parts for, and when you do they're expensive as hell, but when you finally get to that point when you can drive it around feeling satisfied that you did the impossible, it's kinda nice.

speaking of dsm's... i almost bout my friends fwd dohc n/a eclipse the other day... way fast car... horror stories bout timing belts breaking and egine becoming toast...

Civic Accord Honda
02-12-2007, 10:23 PM
i fell in love with them when i was 3 my mom said i ran up to my step dad's 87 hatch and huged it and ever sense that day i loved honda's and i really like white hatchs i cryed when the car went the the JY when i was 5 :( i still miss it

1990DSM
02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I lifted the head off of that car running 12's by stretching the head bolts running 22psi of boost. It's in the scrapyard now!

hotdoghogie
02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
i fell in love with them when i was 3 my mom said i ran up to my step dad's 87 hatch and huged it and ever sense that day i loved honda's and i really like white hatchs i cryed when the car went the the JY when i was 5 :( i still miss it

ahmen

1990DSM
02-12-2007, 10:26 PM
P.S. - If your friends car has anything over 150K don't bother. Those cars hardly ever see over 200K!!!

Bglad420
02-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Cuz its a peice of shit, and if it blows up I wont care.

Just kidding. I heart my 3G it go vroom.

bushbean
02-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I especially like the retracted head lights on the 3Geez because the retracts keep the lense clean and safe from UV rays and flying rocks. On my Corolla, which doesn't have retracts, I recently had to replace the headlamp, and it was $expensive$.

All cars now adays are made without retracts because manufacturers have decided to making cheaper cars. My friend's '01 Accord doesn't feel nearly as solid as my 3Gee. Even the venerable Mercedes-Benz are building cars cheaply now adays. Compare an circa 1980's Mercedes 300D with a 300E of today, and you'll see what I mean.

I guess what it boils down to is that I feel the 3Geez is a better made vehicle than the newer Accords.

hotdoghogie
02-13-2007, 01:44 PM
P.S. - If your friends car has anything over 150K don't bother. Those cars hardly ever see over 200K!!!

forrest89sei
02-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I especially like the retracted head lights on the 3Geez because the retracts keep the lense clean and safe from UV rays and flying rocks. On my Corolla, which doesn't have retracts, I recently had to replace the headlamp, and it was $expensive$.

All cars now adays are made without retracts because manufacturers have decided to making cheaper cars. My friend's '01 Accord doesn't feel nearly as solid as my 3Gee. Even the venerable Mercedes-Benz are building cars cheaply now adays. Compare an circa 1980's Mercedes 300D with a 300E of today, and you'll see what I mean.

I guess what it boils down to is that I feel the 3Geez is a better made vehicle than the newer Accords.

:thumbup:

I've rode in a 2006 Accord, and my family owns a 2006 CRV EX, and to me the 3rd gen accord is better! I like the seats and the overall interior layout on the 3rd gen accord much better then the CRV. The CRV just seems alot cheaper when you sit in it vs the 3rd Gen Accord.

I also agree on mercedes, My father owns a 1980 Mercedes Benz 300TD Wagon (5 Cyl 3.0L NON-Turbo) and it has 219,000 Miles on it and just feels SOLID, compare that to a new benz and you dont have the same feeling.

I think the list of cars I want in life are:

#1 1986-89 Accord LX-i
#2 1990-92 Prelude SI
#3 1991-93 Accord Wagon
#4 1980-85 Mercedes 300 Series Turbo Diesel
#5 2008-? Honda Fit Diesel

alboy86
02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
to break the mold and take a car many people have forgotton and make it fast sure you can buy a V6 07 accord or wrx if ya got the money but to me it doesnt show your skill its an already fast car but to take one of these classics and turning it into a full on sports car that takes skill. to me a new fast car doesnt impress me making it fast with your own hands and saying i did that. plus they sound sweet when ya open them up on the road and they can take a beating lol

alboy86
02-13-2007, 02:17 PM
plus what bushbean said they dont build them like they use to i wanna see how some of these new cars look in 10 years hell even 5 years

cubert
02-13-2007, 04:19 PM
My 3g was my first car, and ive had 10 cars since then :lol:

It was good for a beater to me, but thats about it. Ive had a few fords, a chevy, a dodge, a mitsu, a dub, balnbablaba, and now im back in a honda, but in the form of a civic. Its just nice to have a car that isn't so old that the body is rotted away and everything is rusted together. Its also really nice to be able to go to the JY and have at any time at least a half dozen examples to pull parts off of for my car, along with everything ever has been tried before, so its known what works and what doesn't.

Plus mid to high 30's in the mpg range is pretty nice too :thumbup:

Oh..and D-series owns you :lol:

Cheeseburger
02-13-2007, 04:22 PM
i make sweet sweet love to my accord everytime i drive it :o

Pico
02-13-2007, 04:28 PM
i make sweet sweet love to my accord everytime i drive it :o
:tongue:

snoopyloopy
02-13-2007, 05:26 PM
speaking of dsm's... i almost bout my friends fwd dohc n/a eclipse the other day... way fast car... horror stories bout timing belts breaking and egine becoming toast...
n/a? don't bother. to turbo an n/a 4g63, you might as well get a turbo car to be the donor as well for all the parts you need. because if you're going to be going through of fixing a mitsu breaking down, at least get one that's actually fast.

Pico
02-13-2007, 09:00 PM
To ad to my previous post (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost.php?p=674766&postcount=6)
I've spent too much time and money on this baby to ever let it go...
Thats why I'm staying 3G :D

MessyHonda
02-13-2007, 10:13 PM
yeah..i grew up with these cars.....i had 2 while i was growing up...now i have my own...its my baby.