PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto Repairs

bucket_man
10-08-2006, 04:38 AM
So the other day i notice a little coolant pipe leaking, and it turned out to be that annoying little bastard that goes under and into the air intake metal things.. you know the one im sure if you have an A20A..
So i tried to find another one, but i had no luck whatsoever.. most car shops just said outright 'no' without looking.

so im sitting at home with this broken pipe and i decided id fix it myself.
So i got out my old bicycle tube repair kit and patched it up with that. I followed that with a good wrapping with gaffer tape, then a cable tie.

anyone like to speculate on how far it will get me? its gone about 200km so far surprisingly enough lol.

A18A
10-08-2006, 04:49 AM
shud be good, dont rev it into redline tho, hold it on 6k for about a minute or 2, if it dont burst, its all good

bucket_man
10-08-2006, 04:59 AM
lol, thanks. thats good to hear actually.. i thought it would break very soon.

i dont think ive ever taken her into redline acutally.. only 6000 a few times. petrol is too expensive and i try to stress it as little as i can.

A18A
10-08-2006, 05:18 AM
well even if it bursts it should be ok to drive for another while, one of my coolant hoses bursted on our way home, we didnt even know, but i remember hearing something dripping and making that sizzling sound once when we stopped, i just thought it was evaporation, we also red lined it a few times on the way home too, and the temp didnt rise up, probably cause the burst was towards the top of the car were barely anything can leak out

shepherd79
10-08-2006, 06:39 AM
i have seen this kind of repairs hold up years or just days.
you better off go to a dealer an get a new pipe. i know it can be expensive but it is the only solution.

MessyHonda
10-08-2006, 07:49 AM
just make sure you have the tools to fix it if it busts in the street....i would say pick up a generec hose and cut it into shape.

mkymonkey
10-08-2006, 07:51 AM
are you talking about the pipe that goes under the IM into the water pump? if so...i would get a new one. but just to warn you, they're 90 bucks at the dealership. at least thats what i paid :sad2: