PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon Paint

Tomisimo
10-09-2006, 06:05 AM
Hi there

I wander about Chameleon Paint! Is it cool or uncool?

I realy like the idea but i need you'r apinian.

here's some exampels
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/normal_P3230021.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/Ray1.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/Corvette8.jpg
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

A18A
10-09-2006, 06:12 AM
i love it, i like how the purple/blue/green/pink/gold in them

but if you get 1 scratch in it, your either gonna have it look ugly, or repaint the whole part

but might look wrong on a 3gee

Tomisimo
10-09-2006, 06:16 AM
i think i can ask the painters for a colour Code. that way if i skrach whole side like i did last winter. I can repainted only one side. Just a toat

3ghondaerodeck
10-09-2006, 06:47 AM
I think it sucks

but if you decide to get that paint, I've never seen a black white silver chameleon paintjob. never ever, and I think that would look cool. but I don't know if that's even possible...

mkymonkey
10-09-2006, 07:52 AM
yeah there are only a few colors that are offered in that chameleon paint shit. all of them kinda suck. lol green? come one who wants a dark green car? pink? uh ok no....purple? nah! ill pass

MessyHonda
10-09-2006, 09:36 AM
that paint cost alot of money.....if i remember its like 100 bucks a quart.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Imageshack is being gay and wont let me post a pics so here is a link to my car domain to show you what your car will look like. Its the last pic on the page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2110099/5

Tomisimo
10-09-2006, 10:34 AM
real nice dud... LOL HAhaHa... if you paint your car like thet i wil pay for your paint expensis..

thegreatdane
10-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Imageshack is being gay and wont let me post a pics so here is a link to my car domain to show you what your car will look like. Its the last pic on the page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2110099/5

rofl

Seriously though, please dont get that kind of paint, It's hiddeous.

HondaBoy
10-09-2006, 02:05 PM
i have seen the chameleon paint in a variety of colors. i like the ones that come in like one main color, for example like a blue that changes to different shades of blue. i was going to see how to shoot this kind of paint in my auto body class. it looks nice on certain cars, but not every car. personally i wouldnt recommend this paint for something that's going to be a daily driver or something that sits outside.

ChaseR
10-09-2006, 02:22 PM
it looks good on El Camino's.

ICEMAN707
10-09-2006, 06:06 PM
That GTO in that movie XXX2 looked real good.

race12001
10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
my cousin has done a few cars like that n my opion i like it but its your car and you have to drive it every day so it dont matter what other people think its what you think dont be mainstream do your own thing cause you have to live with it in the end

gp02a0083
10-09-2006, 08:17 PM
i painted a baja bug with duponts fire prism paint which is a flip flop paint like that goes to liek booger green to yellow and amber and all other stuff. but for $360 a pint uh not going for it , i guess this is the kinda paitn for ppl who can decide on a color to paint thier car

RamThis
10-09-2006, 10:21 PM
that paint cost alot of money.....if i remember its like 100 bucks a quart.

Try again. I would LOVE if it were that cheap!! Just the base Red for a Dodge Pickup color I bought was $80 a pint. Four pints to a quart. Yeah. :Owned:

The one I was looking at, went from a deep red to a vibrant blue, was $70 PER OUNCE. I nearly shit a pink twinkie.

I DO however, have a pint of DuPont Chroma base, Aubergine, it's a five way flop color, does blue, purple, green, red, gold. Awesome color. I did a guy's Ninja motorcycle in that stuff. Stuff is over $100 an ounce at the store, I gave $50 for the PINT of it!! Guy had a friggin five gallon bucket of this shit, I swear he stole it, but who cares! I got what I wanted!! :bandance:

Another flip flop color that looks nice is the Mustang color Purpleen. Friggin sweet.

RamThis
10-09-2006, 10:28 PM
i have seen the chameleon paint in a variety of colors. i like the ones that come in like one main color, for example like a blue that changes to different shades of blue. i was going to see how to shoot this kind of paint in my auto body class. it looks nice on certain cars, but not every car. personally i wouldnt recommend this paint for something that's going to be a daily driver or something that sits outside.

It's no different than any other basecoat, except two things.

Alot of them require a certain color primer. My Aubergine requires Black primer. It's due to the fact that flop paints are opaque.

And two, you have to paint the parts of the car orientated as if they were on the car. IOW, you can't lay the doors flat on a table and paint them. The paint has gravity controlled Flop Agents in it, that aligns prizms in certain ways. If you paint parts just layed out in all different positions, when you put the whole car together, every body part will have a different color because the prizms lined up to gravity. So, all parts have to be placed on a stand somehow to put them in an "installed" position before you paint them. Was a PITA doing that motorcycle, all those plastics and small pieces had to be held somehow in the right position while I shot them with color. Took forever. Wish I had a digital camera back then so I could show you how cool that stuff is.

Tomisimo
10-10-2006, 05:26 AM
yeah... i know that paint is expensive but it gona look killer cool i think... maybe i will start deging in mi pokets for money first!!! :)

gp02a0083
10-10-2006, 10:01 AM
yah some of these flop colors need a certian color primer/sealer/basecoat to get the color to pop , i rememebr using the fire prism we had to use a normal black base coat , even then this stuff is i would say hard to spray only b/c it doesnt cover well at all and keeping constant ressure and pattern is rough too. same goes with pearls blue perls show up better on white than black unless u dump alot of pearl on it and then ur jsut gonna make it the pearl color