PDA

View Full Version : junk yard pickins

Red88Hatch
08-30-2002, 11:30 PM
hey guys, i just went to a junk yard today... a U Pull It bone yard, dollar admission..... found about 3 accords from 86-89, NONE of them had anything left, its like a bunch of ants just came over when they got em in, and totaly stripped em down... it was kinda sad lol, i almost cried..... seeing a 3 gee totaly ripped apart

Well anyways i went to another junk yard, it was so nice, indoors and shit..... and they guy is gonna have a new Fender Shipped to me for 67 bucks BRAND SPANKING NEW!!! woot...

netfreak
08-31-2002, 12:33 AM
You had to pay admission? ouch.. Junkyard in my city had a few 3g's but nothing really worth taking. I did manage to pocket part of a 91 cavalier ECU and some relay I found on the ground :D

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-31-2002, 01:04 AM
Never heard of admission to junkyards....that's kinda funny though, lol. Anyways, I've never been able to find too many 3geez in junkyards. The most I've ever come across was 3 at a time, and most were wrecked. I did get my glovebox though! And a hood from a different car in a differnet junkyard :)

shepherd79
08-31-2002, 01:45 AM
man that sucks man, you should come over here in WV. it is free and it is acres of cars.

Coroncho80
08-31-2002, 04:46 PM
There is one here in Philadelphia, you pay $25 and you can take anything you want! I was there once with my buddy but i don't go to yunkyards that much. It upsets me for some reason.

POS carb
08-31-2002, 06:42 PM
oh shit I gotta get in there :super:
but yea all junkyards here that u get your own parts usually charges $1 to get in so that they can make up a little from stolen parts (as if they didn't rip off the people they bought the cars off of in the first place!!)

buster133
09-01-2002, 06:12 PM
I guess I have been pretty lucky when visiting the local junkards in my area. Each time I go, I walk out with a handful of stuff. So far I have only seen one SE-i, and I snatched the whole center console complete with armrest and cupholders from it for $20.00 Also, I found a full set of Accord floor mats from the 4th gen accords in the hard to find reddish brown color. It's not the first place I had planned to go to find a lot of parts and accessories, but when I needed to find a side marker light and didn't feel like paying 60 plus dollars for a new one, I decided to go and I am glad I did.

3G Jester
09-06-2002, 09:29 PM
WHERE DO U FIND THESE PLACES!!!!! I LIVE IN EASTERN CT AND THERES NOTHING BUT JUNKYARDS WITH ONE 3G AND EVERYTHING ON IT COSTS AN ARM AND A LEG!!!!!