PDA

View Full Version : eBay D Series Turbo Kit, Modify to fit A20?

ChaseR
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM
OK So I have been looking at these turbo kits, I am well aware that the D Series manifold will not fit. That is not my question, I am wondering If I could use everything else in the kit when I get my custom Manifold built and bolt the A20 T3 Manifold up to the rest of this kit. Then Chuck the D Series Manifold...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Civic-SOHC-Turbo-Kit-Intercooler-Kit-D16-Lx-Dx-Ex-C_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ015QQitemZ2 50036319730

MessyHonda
10-10-2006, 01:21 PM
anything is posible with $$$$....did you ever found out about the b20 tho?

ChaseR
10-10-2006, 01:24 PM
well I have plenty of money thats not the issue, And yea They continously refused to provide me with a Serial so I told them to shove it.. That was OSAKAJDMMOTORS Btw!

MessyHonda
10-10-2006, 01:26 PM
well I have plenty of money thats not the issue, And yea They continously refused to provide me with a Serial so I told them to shove it.. That was OSAKAJDMMOTORS Btw!

yeah that sucks about the b20 ppl....anyways your car will be sweet with all the mods you are doing....some ppl that have gone turbo get the turbos in the junkyard and mount them....you can make this one fit.....you just need time to set it up right.also think engine management

Listen2myBASS
10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
yeah, you can use that kit minues the manifold...just gotta make the piping fit for the i/c and everything should run fine...and yeah, ems is a big must...

ChaseR
10-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah I was thinking about Converting it over to OBD1 from the 4g and that should open up a broader spectrum of EMS, In the meantime I will search around for our current systems...

Hash_man_Se_i
10-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Sure... the turbo and intercooler will fit... but the charge piping and manifold will be useless. Waste of money buying a kit if you ask me./

snoopyloopy
10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
if i were you, i'd just pick up an ssac fmic. people say that ssac stuff sucks, and apparently that seems to be right. except for the fmic kits. on the dsm forum, many guys have been running them with no problems. much cheaper, and then you can use the rest of the money on a good turbo and something to tune it with.

think fast, this fmic ends in about 20 minutes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-FRONT-MOUNT-INTERCOOLER-27X6X2-5-ECLIPSE-GST-GSX_W0QQitemZ300035734231QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33602Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and you can pick up a pipe kit like this and fab up your own custom charge pipes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Turbo-Intercooler-Piping-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Lancer-R_W0QQitemZ200035015658QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33742QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AccordEpicenter
10-14-2006, 06:32 AM
an intercooler like that should be fine, even if it is SSAUTO. I personally wouldnt run one of their turbos or manifolds. I dont think its gonna be worth it because 2/3 of the kit will be useless to you or need to be modified in some way. Better off starting from nothing. If want to do charge piping, go to summit racing and get some 2.5" U bends and cut and weld them to fit. Then buy silicone couplers and t bolt clamps.

military mase
10-14-2006, 09:13 AM
I agree with Epicenter ssac sell some $h!tty stuff. The guys that bring stuff in to by buddys shop from them that want to save money actully lose money cuz of having to buy another part to replace it. Most of there stuff have bad welds expesially on, and inside there headers, down pipes and turbo inlets.

AccordEpicenter
10-14-2006, 08:35 PM
ive seen DOZENS of those shitty SSAC turbo manifolds crack or break into pieces all at once

ChaseR
10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
gawd, Im def not going to use one of those kits then, I don't want an explosion going on after I install it, I bought Elijahs Manifold so im all set there, hell thats probobly the biggest hurdle in itself right there...

snoopyloopy
10-15-2006, 07:28 AM
ssac does make good fmics, though. a lot of dsm guys run them with no problem with low-mid 20# boost pressure regularly. that's the one ssac part that they do trust. and since they're so cheap, you might as well get one.

military mase
10-15-2006, 07:48 AM
All i can say is you get what you pay for. Yeah they look all pretty shined up but all that is is a coverup. This company is in North Carolina Which i about 2 1/2 to 3hrs away. I'd do somemore searching.

ChaseR
10-15-2006, 12:38 PM
OK thanks guys, I think Im going to try and emulate someone else's successful setup, Epicenter do you mind if I inquire?

AccordEpicenter
10-16-2006, 04:55 AM
what do you need to know AZ?

ChaseR
10-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Ok I have searched around and what not, I am kinda limited as to what sites I can access on this Gov't Computer here In Iraq right now, I guess what I am really looking for is some sort of Checklist or guidline to go by. I already have a Turbo exhuast manifold and some would say thats half the battle right there. I am arranging a 4g Distributer and ECU for an OBD-1 Conversion which I had planned to do anyways.