PDA

View Full Version : Custom Floor Mats

Asturias
08-31-2002, 01:28 AM
I'm thinking of replacing my ratty old carpeted floor mats, but Honda doesn't produce them anymore and places like ggbailey.com want $100 for custom fit ones. That's a bit high in my opinion. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal online or if any Hawaii people read this, where I can order some good ones in Hawaii? Thanks! :D

toastyghost
08-31-2002, 03:14 AM
NOPI has a pretty decent selection. I'm getting the Plasticolor blue flames ones, which are about $25 for the front and $15 for the back.

3rdGenMartyr
08-31-2002, 09:18 PM
i was gonna buy some cheap ones and have a friend at work do the emboydering (i think thats how you spell it) on the accord logo, or maybe just LX-i

toastyghost
09-01-2002, 08:57 PM
I think it's "embroidering"... anyway I knew what you meant :) I wouldn't go with cloth mats, they get torn up too easily.

3rdGenMartyr
09-01-2002, 09:02 PM
I just like the look of the original mats especially the Accord embroydering...lol

Asturias
09-03-2002, 02:41 PM
I like the carpeted kind too. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll let you guys know what I end up with.

theBeline
09-03-2002, 03:18 PM
Ok, now this may sound compleatly retarded :huh: or not, either way, it's what I'm going with. Check it:

I'm gona buy some books, mabey take a clas, I don't know, but I'm gona brush up on my sewing skills (at which I'm not to bad any way) and do it myself. Take the carpet, and with camera in hand, take the damn thing apart by miticulously (spelling?) cutting the threds at the seams, then measure the separite peices and tak faberic of choice and replicate.

Not too hard and not too crazy. I also plan on doing this with the seats, all of which (except the drivers seat) are sitting in a pile in my garrage (along with all the inside trim and panneling...) I may just do some cloth work with that aswell. I mean, What the hell!?

. :cool: .
:stupid:

theBeline
09-03-2002, 03:21 PM
oh oh oh, yeah yeah, I could do the embroidering
aswell, I can pull that off... sweet!!

Asturias
09-05-2002, 12:21 AM
Sounds ambitious! Let us know how it turns out.

A20A1
09-05-2002, 12:56 AM
I'm sure there's a place... maybe not for floor mats but for embroidery.

Did your sei mats had the accord logo?

Asturias
09-05-2002, 01:42 PM
Yes...the SEi mats in my car are medium grey with charcoal borders and white embroidery that reads "Accord" on the first line and "SE-i" on the second line. I sure wish I could get a brand new set!