PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to say....

Jasonf860
10-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, I know I'm new to the forum and I really didn't give myself a proper introduction, but I am not new to cars or other forums about cars. I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that this is one of the BEST forums I've been on as far as the general know how, help, and general niceness of all involved.
With my last vehicle, a 97 Ford taurus SHO, I was an active member of http://www.v8sho.com. While the people on there were generally friendly and helpful, most of them wouldn't give a new member the time of day until they had seen your name at least 100 times. That forum is a bit different, it basically captures and forwards emails to everyone that signs up. Very weird IMHO. The website was informative, however, it was seriously clouded by their beef with Ford over the "suspected camshaft defect". Basically put, out of 19,900 cars produced, around 800 known of them had a defective cam gear. There is actually an active lawsuit about it.
What kills me, is although many members of that site have ME degrees and are techs at various dealerships, they really lacked the ingenuity that is so present on the forum here. As with the 3Gee, there is very limited aftermarket support for those cars as well. As an example, there are a few threads on that site about CAI's. Basically all some Mickey Mouse things. Why they never posted about using a CAI from another vehicle is beyond me. point in fact, I used a 'Teg CAI on my Taurus and it worked great. Just took a bit of thinking.
To recap, this site rocks, plain and simple. Everyone I've talked to or dealt with has been cool and helpful and that is not something too common in todays world.
So, I'd just like to say thanks to the Mods and Admins here for providing a very cool and informative site, along with a great place to meet other folks who are just as into our beloved 3Geez as we are!

mkymonkey
10-11-2006, 06:34 PM
i agree. ive been on other forums and people really dont care about you until they see over 1k posts under your name. the first thread i made on here i got so many posts it blew me away! shit on the other forums i was lucky to get one post :(

welcome to the forum if no one has welcomed you yet lol

Pico
10-11-2006, 06:56 PM
I agree the people here are a great bunch too talk with and get info from and the ones that I have met I consider friends.
The Ford forums I belong to are nothing compared to this forum...:D

A18A
10-11-2006, 07:06 PM
o i forgot to make a newbie introduction thread.... i should go make one :P

mkymonkey
10-11-2006, 07:09 PM
lol...yeah you should...since youre still a noob! hahahah

A18A
10-11-2006, 07:09 PM
lol...yeah you should...since youre still a noob! hahahah
:slap: :rant: fine i will

Jasonf860
10-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, One thing I can say about that SHO forum, they do some weird stuff. As an example, instead of paying the $ for UDP's, They designed a vacuum accessory kill that kills the a/c & alternator at WOT. Reason being is that if it is not being used, it is not eating up HP. We all know what our cars feel like with the A/C on, wouldn't it be awesome if it shut itself off under full acceleration and came back on when you let off the gas? As for the alternator, i don't know about killing that, but i do know that my Bro runs his 64 Chevelle with no alternator hooked up at the strip so it doesn't draw on the hp. Cool for street use? maybe not, but the concept is pretty cool. I'd like to do this just to the A/C in my car now! Still can't find a how-to for it tho...lol

MessyHonda
10-11-2006, 07:35 PM
jason....your car is like my twin car...if a deal goes good il also have a colt cam...lol...yeah i still remember this site...back in the day....i remember i hit old school swaps site...and 3geez was on a link...i didnt sign up but if i did i would have like 30k post...LOL...anyways its nice helping out other members and the only way you learn is by other peoples experiences...i like to help people that are not mean or rude. and so far i have meet alot of people....like today...i shiped some cupholders to canada....i would never thought of that....you never know...i could get a b20 imported...LOL...hopefuly not or else my pocket would hurt alot...hehe

Civic Accord Honda
10-11-2006, 08:14 PM
this is one of the best forums iv been on
another good forum is 1stgencivic.com/forums but still not as good as this one

MessyHonda
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
this is one of the best forums iv been on
another good forum is 1stgencivic.com/forums but still not as good as this one

dude....if you are cool dont do rice things...cuz we will catch it and make fun of you....so just keep on being cool:rockon: and you wont have to worry about anything

Jasonf860
10-12-2006, 03:43 AM
jason....your car is like my twin car...if a deal goes good il also have a colt cam...lol...yeah i still remember this site...back in the day....i remember i hit old school swaps site...and 3geez was on a link...i didnt sign up but if i did i would have like 30k post...LOL...anyways its nice helping out other members and the only way you learn is by other peoples experiences...i like to help people that are not mean or rude. and so far i have meet alot of people....like today...i shiped some cupholders to canada....i would never thought of that....you never know...i could get a b20 imported...LOL...hopefuly not or else my pocket would hurt alot...hehe
I changed my Avatar... You thought they were twins before...LOL BTW, I got the delta cam 272 grind. Price was a huge factor, Delta's 272 was near 1/2 the price of the Colt cam, and I, like a lot of others here on the site, would rather have $130 in my pocket than 3-4 ponies under the hood!

A18A
10-12-2006, 04:20 AM
dude....if you are cool dont do rice things...cuz we will catch it and make fun of you....so just keep on being cool:rockon: and you wont have to worry about anything
yeah, with the way we been treating him, and him thinking this is one of the best forums, the other forums must have been pure shit. oh well, at least hes here :D just slash the riceness, hanging with the 3geez peoples for a while will convert u from rice to nice, they done it 2 me :)

Jasonf860
10-12-2006, 06:19 AM
Hmm, is that a new slogan for 3Geez?
3Geez.com < Converting rice to nice since 2000!

A18A
10-12-2006, 06:26 AM
theres a thread around somewere which will explain what i meant better, ill try find it

Legend_master
10-12-2006, 06:26 AM
jason....your car is like my twin car

I was going to say the exact same thing when I saw his avatar. Anyways welcome to the forum, and make sure to use the search function to your advantage.

Jasonf860
10-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Oh trust me, I know how to use the search function!

Legend_master
10-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Oh trust me, I know how to use the search function!

I was talking to jasonf860 :) .

A18A
10-12-2006, 07:01 AM
did u get him mixed with messy? lol

MessyHonda
10-12-2006, 07:21 AM
I changed my Avatar... You thought they were twins before...LOL BTW

I like it....:naughty:

Legend i think you might of had too many :beer: or :bong: ...just playing with you dude!..lol

Legend_master
10-12-2006, 07:38 AM
ok one of you is going to have to change yor avatar. I completely mixed you up :uh: . Both of you are foundation members, with almost identical cars at the same angle :rant: . LOL

MessyHonda
10-12-2006, 07:43 AM
ok one of you is going to have to change yor avatar. I completely mixed you up :uh: . Both of you are foundation members, with almost identical cars at the same angle :rant: . LOL

his car is shinier, and its droped. the angle is a bit off but yeah..lol :rofl: :bowrofl:.....thats why i said we had twin cars....lol

A18A
10-12-2006, 07:45 AM
well i can tell cause Jasonf860 is a different name from MessyHonda :P and there av's, ican tell cause Jasons one shows the tail lights, maybe if he adjusted it to only show the exact same as messys, then ill be like wtf

messy you should change you sig to 89 Accord LX-i :P

Jasonf860
10-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Messy, my car only "looks" shinier cause of the lower res on the pic. I will have to adjust the angle so it's a close match to yours and see if I can find a backdrop that looks the same. Funniest part is, I'm all the way on the east coast, and you are all the way on the west! Maybe they were seperated at birth?? LOL

lostforawhile
10-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, One thing I can say about that SHO forum, they do some weird stuff. As an example, instead of paying the $ for UDP's, They designed a vacuum accessory kill that kills the a/c & alternator at WOT. Reason being is that if it is not being used, it is not eating up HP. We all know what our cars feel like with the A/C on, wouldn't it be awesome if it shut itself off under full acceleration and came back on when you let off the gas? As for the alternator, i don't know about killing that, but i do know that my Bro runs his 64 Chevelle with no alternator hooked up at the strip so it doesn't draw on the hp. Cool for street use? maybe not, but the concept is pretty cool. I'd like to do this just to the A/C in my car now! Still can't find a how-to for it tho...lolit would be easy to do the alternator one,you just need an rpm activated switch,it uses a relay to turn off alternator field under full throtle. or a throttle switch like one used for nitrous activation. even though the alternator is spinning,it's not causing as much load without the field on. the only problem with that is that your fuel pump and ignition would need the extra voltage the alternator creates while under full load. 13.5 vs. 12. you could get around this,jacobs makes a box that maintains full voltage to an accessory even if the battery voltage drops. it's a little complicated,but basically it's a dc to dc converter. it uses more currrent at lower voltage to maintain a constant 13.5 volts to say your pump and ignition box. this would work fine because you are obviously not going to be constantly at full throttle.

gfrg88
10-12-2006, 03:39 PM
:wtf: jason and messy have the same avatar!!!! :bowrofl: both look really good :thumbup:

Jasonf860
10-12-2006, 04:51 PM
it would be easy to do the alternator one,you just need an rpm activated switch,it uses a relay to turn off alternator field under full throtle. or a throttle switch like one used for nitrous activation. even though the alternator is spinning,it's not causing as much load without the field on. the only problem with that is that your fuel pump and ignition would need the extra voltage the alternator creates while under full load. 13.5 vs. 12. you could get around this,jacobs makes a box that maintains full voltage to an accessory even if the battery voltage drops. it's a little complicated,but basically it's a dc to dc converter. it uses more currrent at lower voltage to maintain a constant 13.5 volts to say your pump and ignition box. this would work fine because you are obviously not going to be constantly at full throttle.
This sounds like an easy way to do this mod for the A/c under full throttle, or when you get to a specified rpm. I'd never want to cut out my alternator in any circumstance, but the A/C would be a great thing! It'd be like a nitrous shot! Only thing i see wrong with that is will the a/c be able to withstand the on/off cycle this would put it through?

2oodoor
11-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Welcome, too, this is the first time Ive read this thread , have not had time lateley to go over the forum.
Fords like the crown vic and my (jobs) 2001 f 150 already have ac cuttoffs at wot from teh factory. On a Honda, if its EFI you could put a small micro switch or limit switch if you will on a tiny bracket that cuts off AC power at just before and at WOT. locate it along the thottle lever. These Club Car vehicles (again job's) are loaded with those things, micro limit switches, you can get them from golf cart suppliers, and teh brackets you could make from aluminum plate, thin.YOu can make some innovative anti theft devices with these things too, they come in various configs.