PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump Install

BeatThisLXI
10-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Hey guys, is there anybody in the VA area that can replace my water pump for me? I have time but neither skill/tools/workspace (no garage). I'll pay ya something descent for the time and effort and what not. I'm in Alexandria, VA.

Listen2myBASS
10-13-2006, 09:04 AM
look on craigslist for mechanics who do side jobs

MessyHonda
10-13-2006, 09:10 AM
dude that is a job and a half.....i did my water pump, timing belt, tensioner and the 2 serpertine belts...it took me and my Mechanic uncle like 3 hours...maybe some one is a side mechinic can change $120 plus parts

ghettogeddy
10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
if i lived closer id be there to help its not that hard of a job just have to have the know how to do it and scence its just the pump it would take about 1.5 to 2 hr to do not that bad of a job

Jasonf860
10-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Hey guys, is there anybody in the VA area that can replace my water pump for me? I have time but neither skill/tools/workspace (no garage). I'll pay ya something descent for the time and effort and what not. I'm in Alexandria, VA.
dude, get it to CT and I'll do it for free if you bring the parts! Water pump = 1/2 hour job, and that's with a beer and a smoke break. That is, if your doing JUST the pump. you need a ratchet with a 12 mm deep socket, a 14 mm socket, and a 10 mmm socket. Oh, the pump and some RTV. That's it. A floor jack helps along with a "wiggle" extension for thje ratchet but is not neccessary.

MessyHonda
10-13-2006, 10:13 AM
dude, get it to CT and I'll do it for free if you bring the parts! Water pump = 1/2 hour job, and that's with a beer and a smoke break. That is, if your doing JUST the pump. you need a ratchet with a 12 mm deep socket, a 14 mm socket, and a 10 mmm socket. Oh, the pump and some RTV. That's it. A floor jack helps along with a "wiggle" extension for thje ratchet but is not neccessary.

LOL...Jason....your funny...:rofl:

Jasonf860
10-13-2006, 10:19 AM
LOL...Jason....your funny...:rofl:
Thanks, I try! But really, it's only like 15 nuts/bolts for the water pump. But I'll be damned if I can get that crank bolt out! next weekend the 500'lb impact driver is going on there and if it stioll doesn't break loose, I'll just light the damn car on fire and get my insurance $! LOL.

kw_da
10-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks, I try! But really, it's only like 15 nuts/bolts for the water pump. But I'll be damned if I can get that crank bolt out! next weekend the 500'lb impact driver is going on there and if it stioll doesn't break loose, I'll just light the damn car on fire and get my insurance $! LOL.
If you're just replacing the water pump, why do you need to take the crank off? As I recall I did it without taking the timing belt cover all the way off. You just need to remove one of the studs holding the water pump on - use 2 nuts and tighten one against the other to remove the stud.

David

lostforawhile
10-13-2006, 01:34 PM
If you're just replacing the water pump, why do you need to take the crank off? As I recall I did it without taking the timing belt cover all the way off. You just need to remove one of the studs holding the water pump on - use 2 nuts and tighten one against the other to remove the stud.
Davidtake the valve cover off,then take the upper timing belt cover off. it's only two bolts. the bottom cover doesn't have to come off. if you have to just take a couple of the bolts holding it out,then you can move it around.

Jasonf860
10-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Guys, i was gonna do the timing belt too. that is why i was taking the crank bolt out. I'm actually glad i stopped there, I'll do the belt when i change my cam.

88Accord-DX
10-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Here is the link to replace the water pump....

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0c/f5/46/0900823d800cf546.jsp

BeatThisLXI
10-14-2006, 03:44 AM
Thanks guys, helpful info. Especially that how-to.