PDA

View Full Version : My wreck...."So what, buy a new one" - Police

jigga225
10-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Man Friday the 13th.
I got in a wreck today when a lady cut in front of 4 lanes of traffic. Me being in the last lane was the last to know she was cutting. So I smashed into her.
My baby got smashed up. I think they are going to try and total it out.
I was mad, the police said "so what get a new one" But he doesn't understand where I came from with this car....
Here are the pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/jigga225/3Geez/10-13-06_1331.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/jigga225/3Geez/10-13-06_1354.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/jigga225/3Geez/10-13-06_1358.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/jigga225/3Geez/10-13-06_1413.jpg

So the tow truck guy had no remorse as he scuffed up my front bumper with the lip i worked so hard on. She even looked good rolling up the flatbed.
Man I'm down and out right now..

ZackieDarko
10-13-2006, 04:06 PM
bummer :(

Crazybird
10-13-2006, 04:08 PM
omg dude ur car was so nice too :'(

lostforawhile
10-13-2006, 04:14 PM
the only thing i can say about the front that bad,is strip off everything you can and find a good shell. the frame is probably bent prettty bad. you could replace most of the front bolt on parts but you would have to have the frame straightened. see if the insurance company will pay just for the frame straightening and pull the rest of the parts from the yard. if they will pay to just have the frame straightened the rest is bolt on. even the front cross member bolts up. maby find a parts car for a couple hundred for sheet metal.

EricW
10-13-2006, 04:15 PM
That sucks man. I understand how you feel about all the work you have put into your car, I would be pissed to if someone ran into me.

ChaseR
10-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Damn mna whats up with peoples shit getting bent up lately???

w261w261
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm assuming that the accident was the other driver's fault, right? So you have some money coming from her insurance company. Hard to tell if the frame is involved or the motor is moved around, but maybe not. If you're lucky, it's just the radiator, battery, mounts, hood, fenders, lights, bumper, grill etc. For sure it's a total, and the insurance company might give you as much as $2,000, because you can make a case that the car was in such great shape. The insurance total for the rebuild if the frame/engine is not screwed is probably 3,000-3,500, clearly a total. So if they call the car at $2,000, they'll let you keep it for $2k less the scrap value, say $250, so you get your car back w/ a salvage title and $1,750. If the damage is not too bad you can recover with a lot of sweat. Might be doable. Bear in mind that there will be registration and inspection hassles and costs with regard to the salvage title.

When a tractor trailer nicked me last year, I took less money from the insurance (about $1500) because if they'd given me more they would have had to total it out, and I didn't want to have to reregister it.

Sorry for your loss. One second the sky is blue, and the next it's raining shit. It's bad, but it's life. And you still have your health. That's what's important. Sheet metal is dear, but it's still sheet metal.

bullard123
10-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Ahhh man tell me it aint true Jigga. Man you put so much into your ride and it was real clean. Man I hate wreckless drivers. Glad to see you are ok though.

carotman
10-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Ahhh this sucks.

If you want your car to be repaired, you can force the insurance company to repair it. They are insuring a car, not an amount of money.

MessyHonda
10-13-2006, 05:00 PM
that blows man....so it was your fault? .....i liked that car.....you should keep it and find another clean 3gee to transfer all the stuff.

Civic Accord Honda
10-13-2006, 05:27 PM
that sucks dude like messy honda said
find another accord and switch body parts
this woud be good for the body parts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-Honda-Accord-Lxi-Great-Car-for-Parts-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ230037981335QQihZ013QQcategoryZ62 54QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

88Accord-DX
10-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Ohh man bro, that is like a kick in the face. I know how you feel man, it's not a good feeling either. So sorry that happened, your car was coming along so good.

Unfortunatly you car is totalled by the insurance company, cause the price of fixing it would over-ride the value of the car in their eyes. If you have all the receipts & such, things are in your favor for a higher value of the car. It's hard to tell if the frame is bent, but it might not be. It does look fixable, if the frame is tweaked, it can be straightened out. As mentioned, cause I went through the same thing, the insurance will try to total it out. If you go that route, then you will have a salvaged title & have to re-register it. Depending on what terms you negotiate with the insurance adjuster, you might come out with the money to fix it yourself & maybe a little change in your pocket. Keep you head up man, life throws you blows in the face throughout life. Good thing your ok.

A18A
10-13-2006, 05:44 PM
wow, ill be out for revenge if nothing was done about it :(

AccordEpicenter
10-13-2006, 06:53 PM
it looks bad but fixable. It just depends how much you love the car and how much you want to spend. That sucks though that car was gorgeous

shepherd79
10-13-2006, 07:34 PM
That sucks man.
If they total your car, i hope you get nice fat check.

PS. the lip you have, what car is it from?

HondaBoy
10-13-2006, 07:57 PM
yeah, buy a new one. what a dousche. you cant just up and replace that. that was a lot of work. i have seen the car from the begining.

cndyapple88lxi
10-13-2006, 07:59 PM
sorry about ur accident

RamThis
10-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Yep, it's totalled. Mine was too after a minor accident my wife had in it. Funny thing is, after pushing the headlight cover out with my thumb, replacing the headlight trim, and replacing the turn signal on the driver side, you could almost never tell anything happend to the car. And, the best part, the insurance adjuster said that instead of them fixing the car at the body shop and having to total it and have a salvage title, they just cut me a check for the cost of what it would take to fix the car at the body shop, and did not fix the car, and kept me from having a salvage title. So, I ended up with a $1300 check, and a barely scratched 3G that I had up to that point, about $1700 in total, including the $750 I originally paid for it. That's the ONLY reason Im tearing it down right now and completely redoing the car, is cause I have almost nothing in it, so I can justify spending a grand or so on new paint and body work and EFI swap and interior work.

See if you can work a deal like that, where they pay out the estimate to you, and they dont take the car in for repair and slap a salvage title on it, and you can take the money and fix it up yourself, assuming you have the mechanical ability to fix it and do the body work yourself. I guess that's my blessing, I can do most every part of a car repair myself, so only costs I have are materials/parts.

guaynabo89
10-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Well at least you are OK.

Its sad to see your car like that. Youve put alot of work into it over the years and that is something insurance companies will never try to pay out for. I say look at all your options including going to court about it if you really like the car. Its sad when it comes to things like this that insurance sompanies try to write a car off as just a normal run of the mill car when clearly youve upgraded and spent much more on it and to be fair the blue book value does not reflect the cost of a modified car.

Make sure you look at all your options before comitting to just letting them total your car out.

Again sorry to hear vabout your accident.

RamThis
10-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Well at least you are OK.
Its sad to see your car like that. Youve put alot of work into it over the years and that is something insurance companies will never try to pay out for. I say look at all your options including going to court about it if you really like the car. Its sad when it comes to things like this that insurance sompanies try to write a car off as just a normal run of the mill car when clearly youve upgraded and spent much more on it and to be fair the blue book value does not reflect the cost of a modified car.
Make sure you look at all your options before comitting to just letting them total your car out.
Again sorry to hear vabout your accident.

Actually, insurance WILL pay for a modified car. BUT, you have to show them your reciepts, and have an adjuster take photos of the mods or parts that have been done. This amount will be added to the blue book value of the car increasing it's overall worth. BUT, your premium will jump up because you are now paying insurance on a car that is worth alot more than a basic run of the mill car, making their risk factor jump up some. So, for them to agree to pay the extra value of the car should something happen to it, you have to pay a higher premium. Worth it? Depends on how much they jump your rates and how much actual dollars you really have invested in it over what it's blue book value is. It's kind of a ask and see thing to find out if they make it worth your while or not.

Tomisimo
10-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Man thet sucks... i know how you feel, last vinter i had a axident. its like a knife in a hart... just chill... keep your head cool. bro

86AccordLxi
10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm so sorry Jigga. That absolutely sucks :(

Alex

Legend_master
10-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Holy crap, that suck. Some drivers are just idiots, hope every thing turns out well.

BITESIZE
10-13-2006, 10:55 PM
I feel your pain :rant: . I know what it feels like to spend a shit load of time on a car, and to have it go all down the drain. My thoughts are with you!

Chubs87Accord
10-13-2006, 11:13 PM
dude, that sucks.. im glad your ok.. your car was like a living legend amongst other 3g's. very clean and tastfully done.. but i agree, get another car thats in good shape and tranfer everything over. pretty soon you can have another jigga jr. up and running, especially with the money youll get from insurance.. i mean hey if my crappy 90 carolla was able to get me 1800 you should get a good amount for the accord.. man i would have wanted to throw something at that woman.. hard :stick:

Pico
10-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Dude I'm sorry to hear what happened.
At least you didnt get hurt.

jigga225
10-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks everybody for checkingit out....

I'm assuming that the accident was the other driver's fault, right?
Yeah man the police wrote it up as her breaking the law and failing to yield. WE both had green lights but left turn yields on green. NO arrow.

Ahhh man tell me it aint true Jigga. Glad to see you are ok though.
Appreciate it man. Yah I've had this car since I was 16, now i'm 23. It all happened so fast, nothin I could have done.
I went to the hostpital for contusions to my knees for ramming up against the dash.

Honestly, I think everybody's right. I know they're gonna total it....And since I moved here to austin I dont have my shop like I did back home so I won't be able to fix it.

....lip
The lip was from an oldsmobile toronado trofeo`

I'll let everybody know what happens.
Hopefully I get at least $1500 for it. I took my stereo out on the spot.

I want a coupe now. So I'm trying to decide whether a 97-99 CL 5spd
or a 03 CL-S 6 speed. 2 different price ranges though.

88Accord-DX
10-14-2006, 12:40 AM
The question is now, if you get cash to fix it up, are you going to take the money & just say "the hell with it"? I know it's a hard decision considering all the work, but do you think you can come out on top? Personally, if your negotiations with the adjuster & so forth are good, you might be able to come out on top of the situation.

I know a lot of that is up to you & none of our buisiness. You still need time to think about it. I would hate to just let the insurance company "write me off" in their book & "pay out" with the work you have done to your car.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Holy shit... that absolutely sucks. Sorry to hear jigga, but glad ur alright... Your 3g is awesome, one of my favorites for sure.

Best of luck in gettin a new car... sad to see such a nice 3g wrecked though, you put a lot of work into that car.

If the car is totalled out, and the lip is salvageable i wouldnt mind grabbin that off you.

88Accord-DX
10-14-2006, 12:55 AM

88Accord-DX
10-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Nevermind, must have been miss-understood..

A18A
10-14-2006, 02:28 AM
Never see me again on this site. YOU FUCK OFF!
i think i missed something here :S

Pico
10-14-2006, 06:06 AM
:wtf: :huh:

mkymonkey
10-14-2006, 06:21 AM
holy shit that totaly fucking blows big monkey balls. just like everyone else has said, good thing youre ok and nothing major happened. and the only thing i can tell you is, just move on. it hurts, it sucks, and it will probably make ya cry.......but my friend, that shit is what we call life.

and

Oh fuck off... that absolutely sucks.

:wtf: happened there?

A18A
10-14-2006, 06:27 AM
also notice the edited posts :-/

blazin3gen
10-14-2006, 09:14 AM
fuck jigga!! fuck man!

damn bro... u worked hard on that ride man damn....

but damn it still looked sexy ass hell wrecked.. hehe

damn man...

jigga225
10-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah man I sent the pics to my pops back home, he was like he'd help me with the body work....Good old pops. But I'ma have to tell him its over pops.
RIP

Hash_man_Se_i
10-14-2006, 11:23 AM

WHOA WHOA WHOA.... slow down there... apparently I was pretty tired when I wrote that, but I still dont see how you thought it was directed to you... geez. I by no means directed that comment at anyone but i was sort of trying to say i couldnt believe that happened... damn.

sorry if I upset anyone, that was by no means my intent... wow, post edited.

1ajs
10-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah man I sent the pics to my pops back home, he was like he'd help me with the body work....Good old pops. But I'ma have to tell him its over pops.
RIP

that car was not done living it screams fix me poor thing glad to see no one was hurt serious hell you could make cust front end and make her rear wheel drive:P
with the trunk in the front hehe

bobafett
10-15-2006, 12:06 AM
sorry to hear about your car man! that is messed up!

TheWatcher
10-15-2006, 03:43 AM
What happened to ddude2uc???

What did Hash_man_SE_i post???

I guess I will never find out (just like when mia left). :(

Peace.

3G Jester
10-15-2006, 03:51 AM
wow that was a brand new paint job too :(

jigga225
10-15-2006, 06:13 AM
wow that was a brand new paint job too :(
Yeah man didn't even make a year old with it.

sorry to hear about your car man! that is messed up!
Thanks man. It still hasn't really hit me that I don't have her anymore.
Man its like any other car I'm looking at just isn't equal

Tomisimo
10-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Man yor car is sexy even in pain... kinda like this pictuare.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/10-13-06_1354.jpg
hope you anderstand me... and everyone alse.

Toneloc5145
10-15-2006, 06:55 AM
OMG...no....I was hoping it was the Legend and not the 3g. You put all that work into the car and now its likely to be totaled(I can almost guarantee it will be). I'm sorry dude.

88Accord-DX
10-15-2006, 07:53 AM
WHOA WHOA WHOA.... slow down there... apparently I was pretty tired when I wrote that, but I still dont see how you thought it was directed to you... geez. I by no means directed that comment at anyone but i was sort of trying to say i couldnt believe that happened... damn.
sorry if I upset anyone, that was by no means my intent... wow, post edited.
I was pretty drunk & didn't know who that was directed too. I edit the post, but looks like I was quoted. Anyhow, I apologize. No hard feelings.

A18A
10-15-2006, 08:16 AM
well glad that little problem is out of the way... now we can get on topic.... poor car :( are you gonna at least save everything u want off this car?

MessyHonda
10-15-2006, 08:41 AM
yay we are all friends at 3geez.com....anyays Jason....sorry about the car....try to fix it and if its not fixable at least you can get your money back if you part it out....on here

jigga225
10-15-2006, 06:18 PM
are you gonna at least save everything u want off this car?
I got my cd player and amps. I'm going back to get my 15's out of the trunk. I want my wheels too. I just gotta find somethin else to put on there, i guess for the towing company.

I want a coupe, manual, not too small like a civic, a lil bit of luxury
Thas why I decided on the CL. Even though i hate the back end of them.
argh.

I'ma try and see what I can get off of it, and maybe offer it up to anybody here. Just so it can be used by somebody

Legend_master
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
I got my cd player and amps. I'm going back to get my 15's out of the trunk. I want my wheels too. I just gotta find somethin else to put on there, i guess for the towing company.
I want a coupe, manual, not too small like a civic, a lil bit of luxury
Thas why I decided on the CL. Even though i hate the back end of them.
argh.
I'ma try and see what I can get off of it, and maybe offer it up to anybody here. Just so it can be used by somebody

If you get the 96 CL's you can put an H22 in those bad boys. They are the same chassis as the Accord. Good luck with everything and you should grab those illuminas from the front of your accord.

Cheeseburger
10-15-2006, 06:30 PM
that fucking blows!

Vanilla Sky
10-15-2006, 09:05 PM
i wish i were closer. if nothing else, i'd help you part her out and get you into something else nice.

as an aside, i believe this happened the last time i bought a 3gee. i can't remember who, but i think another nice 3gee was written off when i bought my last car, back in 04, i think. maybe i should just stop buying the things, because i seem to be bringing a lot of bad luck to the ones that have poured so much of themselves into their cars.

best of luck, man.

derick

Chef Boyardee
10-15-2006, 09:15 PM
That'll buff right out.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-15-2006, 11:44 PM
If you get the 96 CL's you can put an H22 in those bad boys. They are the same chassis as the Accord. Good luck with everything and you should grab those illuminas from the front of your accord.

Ya those can be pretty nice cars. Another option is a mid 90's legend... I just saw one with an RL engine swapped in, it looked damn quick, and they are really nice looking cars in my opinion.

Jigga... I must say, that your car is one of the few 3g's in my opinion, that makes 17's look so damn good. I remember back in like 2000 I wanted a set of those wheels so incredibly bad, and man they looked good on your car.

Civic Accord Honda
10-16-2006, 06:57 PM
man keep the car if i had the money i woud buy the car off you thats one tight car and it dose not even look that bad it is fixabil if you dont keep it it will most likey get crushed and thats bad if a nice car like that get crushed

labeledsk8r
10-16-2006, 07:04 PM
omg this sucks so bad... your car was one of the few accords i looked up to when i first bought my 3g over a year ago, gave me that "if he could make his look that good then i might as well try" attitude, that sucks so bad, i hope that you atleast get a fat check out of this even though money probably couldent replace all that work

ICEMAN707
10-17-2006, 12:09 AM
I hope you got your suspension and rims. Shouldn't be hard to get a new shell and put those on. I wouldn't get a newer car, just a bigger/deeper money pit. 3gee is a much shallower money pit if you know what I mean :D

jigga225
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Another option is a mid 90's legend... .
Yeah man that's actually my 'grown man' car. I usually keep it covered until its business time. Now i'm forced to drive it every day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/jigga225/3Geez/PICT1040c.jpg
Now when i look outside I see an empty spot next to my Legend :(

I hope you got your suspension and rims.
Man.. I called the tow people they giving me BS about "you can't disassemble the car in any way on our property" so my rims/susp is on it. The chic's insurance people want to pick it up..from there on i dunno where its going and basically its their car unless i buy itback with the money they give me.

AH thanks man... Stuff like that makes me wanna fix her up.

Man I can't decide on what i want.

BITESIZE
10-17-2006, 09:39 AM
I would have had it towed to my house and tore apart immediately.

88LXi68
10-17-2006, 09:40 AM
I called the tow people they giving me BS about "you can't disassemble the car in any way on our property" so my rims/susp is on it. The chic's insurance people want to pick it up..from there on i dunno where its going and basically its their car unless i buy itback with the money they give me.
AH thanks man... Stuff like that makes me wanna fix her up.
Man I can't decide on what i want.

Hey Jigga I am sorry to hear about the car; that is my worst fear. It is amazing how cars grow on us and attach to us almost like a family member.

If you have AAA or know someone who does have it towed out of there so you can take your stuff off, or else its all going to the junkyard and will be a treasure for someone there. When my sister got into her accident the tow company took it, but it had a cd player and new tires w/ alloys. They wouldnt let me take the stuff off, so I had it towed to the house and basically took what I wanted before the insurance company looked at it.

Good Luck with the whole process and at least you were recognized as an AOM. You definitely had one the best 4drs on the site

BITESIZE
10-17-2006, 09:44 AM
I so want to cry for you.

SiR
10-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Bring that sedan back no matter what!