PDA

View Full Version : Wtr/Meth Inject.

BeatThisLXI
10-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Hey I just saw this water/methanol injection system for like 300 bucks! Seems like an awesome idea! What do you all think?

AccordEpicenter
10-14-2006, 06:27 AM
if your not boosted dont bother, the NA gains, if any, are small and probably not worth the money

A18A
10-14-2006, 06:29 AM
if u spend $300 on that, and i spent $300 on gas, and we raced on a 2000km road, i would win cause you would run outta gas and have to push while my extra $300 will get me across the line :D

shepherd79
10-14-2006, 10:49 AM
if u spend $300 on that, and i spent $300 on gas, and we raced on a 2000km road, i would win cause you would run outta gas and have to push while my extra $300 will get me across the line :D

LOL, good one.

but seriously, don't waist your money on that. for $300 you can get nitro oxide kit. a lot bigger power gains.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-14-2006, 11:20 AM
if your not boosted dont bother, the NA gains, if any, are small and probably not worth the money

Exactly... for boosted cars it can be a great addition, but for NA, its just not worth the time, and especially not worth the money.

BeatThisLXI
10-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Ok, I see. Yeah, the site tried to sell it as just as good for NA as boosted apps. But they're probably just trying to move units. Newayz, the Nitro won't hurt my auto tranny over time?

labeledsk8r
10-14-2006, 08:22 PM
i i thought i heard someplace that water injection helps fuel milage greatly? i dont know if thats just carbed though if its even true, but 300 for the kit i wouldent say is worth it, i have only heard good from it on turboed cars

AccordEpicenter
10-14-2006, 08:34 PM
meh it all depends. Basically for turbo cars it surpresses detonation. I dont think youll have much problem with detonation even on a pretty hardcore NA build in these cars.

labeledsk8r
10-14-2006, 08:48 PM
yeah i knew about it helping out on turboed cars, it cools the whole system down and makes it so you can even up your boost a bit due to the cooler temps, but are the gas milage saveings on NA cars complete BS?

Vanilla Sky
10-14-2006, 09:46 PM
don't expect much of a power gain on your NA car. you can, however, expect a reasonably increase in fule economy with a properly tuned WI system.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19930093206_1993093206.pdf

read up on that. it's a paper that reports internal coolants as ways to make more power and save fuel. water was one of the internal coolants used.

BeatThisLXI
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Now I get why you say to use a cat, Vanilla. I was a second from killing mine, but I read this article in Import Tuner today that said it wasn't worth it. So I guess I'll keep it. They only got like a max of 6-7 horses with an aftermkt cat. Just like a with a SRI.

Vanilla Sky
10-15-2006, 06:36 PM
just something i've been telling people for a while now. there's so little gain when comparing to a new cat that it's not worth the time to gut a cat, which is the only way you're going to be able to run and get away with it, because any cop can whip out an inspection mirror and check if he's feeling bored. doesn't matter if you have emissions testing or not. it's a federal offense to remove a catalytic converter from a car originally equipped with one without putting another cat back in place.

sure, back in the day when cats were brand new, they were very restrictive. nowadays, they're about as restrictive as a resonator or glasspack.

1987HondaAccord
10-26-2006, 06:08 PM
I've read that with water injection you can run a leaner mixture and advance timing more. I've also read that it accelerates the flame front because of the added OH and H that water breaks down into. What I read was a lot more technical, but I can't remember where it was.