PDA

View Full Version : N.O.S./OEM seat covers for 3Gee??

RamThis
10-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Are they made still? I'd like to recover my seats so they look new, to go along with the new carpet I'm ordering for the car. I think these two things would make the interior on my car look like it was factory fresh, since everything else in the car is in excellent shape except the seats and carpet.

Orrr, is there aftermarket covers that kinda match factory look but dont look like covers? (you know, not them wal-mart looking things that have wrinkles everywhere and wrinkle along the seams and shit, something that looks like it's original)

MessyHonda
10-15-2006, 08:33 PM
get some 3rd gen lude seats....i have blue ones but i got them for free so they were not in the best condition.

Vanilla Sky
10-15-2006, 08:41 PM
i've gotten seats from junkyard cars that were in absolutely perfect shape. you just have to keep a keen eye out when you're at the yard, and grab them before anyone else. clean seats go very quickly, no matter what kind of car they're in.

RamThis
10-26-2006, 10:11 PM
What's the average to have the seats recovered at an upholstery shop with stock-looking material, if the foam is in good shape? My seats are fine other than the nap is wore off the driver seat, leaving only the fabric, and the upper part of the rear seat is shot from the sun.

Anyone actually shelled out for recovering and have an idea? I may call around here in the near future too.

ghettogeddy
10-26-2006, 10:13 PM
at one point i was gona have my dad start making a cover that was tock looking and dident look like a cover but there wasent a whole lot of interest

Pico
10-26-2006, 10:13 PM
You could go this route it's kind of expensive but good quality.
http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html

ghettogeddy
10-26-2006, 10:14 PM
but if u send the fabric i can have him make some wouldent be to expensive prolly like 200

RamThis
10-26-2006, 10:18 PM
but if u send the fabric i can have him make some wouldent be to expensive prolly like 200

REALLY???? You're shittin me?

When I get further along with this thing and see how much I have in it, I may just hit you up on it....... I was thinking it would be well over 500 or more, but if I could get out for 2-3, I'd be ecstatic!

Is he an upholsterer by trade?

RamThis
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM
You could go this route it's kind of expensive but good quality.
http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html

Yeah Katzkin covers are nice. I knew Jonas Janek before Katzkin grew to what they are now. He came on our Dodge site and sold a few covers to us guys (not me but I drooled over a set, but cant justify leather here in TX!!) And I have a huge sample of all the leathers he has in stock that he sent me, at least from back in 2001. Jonas seems to be a nice guy. I had planned to get a set of custom one off covers for my ram and he quoted me 650 for it all if I would do some PR work for him and advertise as much as possible. Things came up and I never got to do the deal with him on it, and in a way Im glad because I just dont like leather seats really, even though they look awesome. They are not practical in Tx heat....

ghettogeddy
10-26-2006, 10:28 PM
REALLY???? You're shittin me?
When I get further along with this thing and see how much I have in it, I may just hit you up on it....... I was thinking it would be well over 500 or more, but if I could get out for 2-3, I'd be ecstatic!
Is he an upholsterer by trade?
ya he sewed perashutes for the navy for 18 years after he got out he started his own buesness it dident really take off so he just does odd jobs

MessyHonda
10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
ya he sewed perashutes for the navy for 18 years after he got out he started his own buesness it dident really take off so he just does odd jobs

cool....you said he redid your armrest in like 5 mins....and it came out F-ing good....il see if can can do both of mine....

HondaBoy
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
i was asking around for people that do uppolstry work in cars. i have yet to find out what this guy that my teacher recommended is going to charge. but i'm hoping in the range of $400-$500 for the front and rear seats. thats with suade and smooth leather. or if i can find some nice vinal, i might go with that. or, if i find a velour pattern that kinda goes with the old look of the 3gee i might get that because leather and vinal will burn my ass in the summer. actually most of the year here. lol.