PDA

View Full Version : What amp to run Infinity subs?

toastyghost
08-31-2002, 11:17 AM
Ok kids my stereo will = r0x0r.. I'm going Infinitys all the way around. Not Kappa mind you but Reference are still nice... 300w RMS @ 4 ohm and 1000w peak, I believe. Anyway, I'm going to probably get 2 Inf 12's in a custom made enclosure. Infinity does not appear to have any amps other than their BassLink line, which is a one-piece powered sub combo and obviously is not meant for their other subs. Is there an Infinity amp for this shit or do I need to get another brand amp to run them?

87pimpsterdocious
09-01-2002, 10:35 PM
you should go with jbl just like they do in their show car. that's what I'll be doing. a nice jbl 600.1bp on those will give them 300 watts apiece (wired correctly) only costs about $185.

ps. they underrate their amps also!

Vanilla Sky
09-01-2002, 10:42 PM
ya, jbl amps are really good for the money

go jbl all the way

Derick

RobT5580
09-02-2002, 12:01 PM
I just put my infinity Perfects in and im running 2 Memphis ST-300 1 for each sub. They are real loud and im happy and they only require a 1 cu ft box which is small for 12s. I like it they are a lot louder than my JL Audios. I would have gone with a Phonix Gold but money wise i couldnt go wrong because i get memphis at cost.

POS carb
09-02-2002, 12:20 PM
if your're trying to keep it all like 1 brand JBL and Infinity are divisions of the same company (Harmon International) and JBL has some cool ass amps. I would search EBAY or online for an older Infinity amp though cuz they used to make some good ones, I dunno if they still do.

TeKKnoTeKK
09-02-2002, 01:05 PM
I had a JBL 600 watt amp once...that thing pounded, I would definetly recommend JBL amps.

shepherd79
09-02-2002, 02:53 PM
cool infinity all the way around. that should sound nice. i just looked on ebay and they have a few infinity ams out there.

toastyghost
09-03-2002, 09:48 PM
I'm not trying to be crackheaded about making them all the same brand, I just happened to get good deals on all the Infinity shit. The reason I'm asking about it is not b/c I NEED to have an Infinity amp for looks... just I don't know much about car stereo. Except how to ghetto rig 2 RF 15's to a Chevy Bose amp :) that was a hardcore bass experience... Thanks for the advice, I'll be looking into a JBL 600w amp when I get the money. Is the BP in that model number for bandpass? Do I need a bandpass box? WTF is bandpass as it relates to car stereos? I'm somewhat familiar with it as it relates to programming voice recognition software in matlab but that's a bit of a different world... Thanks for the help on this everyone!! I hopefully will have this whole system kickin' at the VA meet!

toastyghost
09-03-2002, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah suck ass I had 3 hours of work last week because I've been really sick. And spending dough on goddamn doctor bills and 4 different kinds of prescriptions... And being sick I have not been able to work on other stuff on the car, so this kind of hurts the chances of my having everything I intended to (stereo, rims, body kit, paint, lighting) done by the VA meet so sorry at least it will kick ass to listen to this time :)

87pimpsterdocious
09-04-2002, 02:31 AM
I have no idea what the bp stands for in the number. Search on ebay for jbl 600.1 and you'll find it. Also, bandpass is a type of box where the fron't of the subwoofer is sealed and the rear part of the box has port(s). Like this: http://www.newsales.com/hifi/allglassbandpass.jpg
Thats a good pic so you can see. There is a peice of glass on the back too (i had a hard time seeing it), so the box is enclosed.

TeKKnoTeKK
09-04-2002, 01:06 PM
that box is sweet! I want one :D

damackz
09-04-2002, 01:51 PM
bandpass hits hard!!!! the sound quality is not all that but i had 2 12's in a bandpass and that thing pounded!!!! it juss depends if u are going for loudness or quality