PDA

View Full Version : my problem

Crazybird
10-16-2006, 12:46 PM
i figured out the sources of my rattles my liscence pl8 which i will soon fix and my rear taillight in the window....

it rattles like hell making the bass cound like poo how can i fix it?

shepherd79
10-16-2006, 01:07 PM
take them out and use somekind dampering material.

Crazybird
10-16-2006, 01:21 PM
lol that helps :S u know im talking about the plastic part hittin the window right?

HondaBoy
10-16-2006, 01:49 PM
my car does the same thing. i want to get the 3rd brake light to stop all together. i mean i can move it some and it will quite for a while but starts rattling again. as for the license plate, i put some 3M double sided tape to insulate the plate from the backing it sits on. there's also some noise comming from where the plate mount in the rear of the trunk is bolted to the metal trunk lid. and the flap thing thats on the left side of the trunk, comes out under the bumper, makes noise.

Crazybird
10-16-2006, 02:29 PM
ya i just moved my rear tailight closer for now

and i "gently" lol moved the brakets closer to the window so it shouldnt be moving anytime soon

as for the liscence pl8 i tryed putting more washers it seems to reduce the noise a bit but i still need sumthing else cause it still annoys me.

but for now im happy since theres no rattle in the cab.... other then my dash every now and then lol i gotta figure that out

so problem solved for now

ghettogeddy
10-16-2006, 02:41 PM
ya i just moved my rear tailight closer for now

and i "gently" lol moved the brakets closer to the window so it shouldnt be moving anytime soon

as for the liscence pl8 i tryed putting more washers it seems to reduce the noise a bit but i still need sumthing else cause it still annoys me.

but for now im happy since theres no rattle in the cab.... other then my dash every now and then lol i gotta figure that out

so problem solved for now
did u try the foam thing i told you also the reason it makes noise is cause it flexes , u can also try the foam weather striping on it do a boarder then make a cross it should stop then, u can also use the faom/felt strips on the 3rd brake light so it sits on the window but the foam/fely only hit the window

Crazybird
10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
me and my dad were thinkin of using silicon for the rear light

and ya im gonna try the foam strip thing i just have to get sum foam can i get it at walllmart??

its also been pretty wet out thats why i dont want to use foam because im afraid of

MessyHonda
10-16-2006, 06:14 PM
i heard that the 86-87 car had a gasket on the rear window and the tail light...im not sure since both my cars are 88-89 :dunno:

Crazybird
10-16-2006, 07:24 PM
i dont have a gasket :(:( i wish there was sum kind of rubber there

conozo
10-16-2006, 08:13 PM
i have seen a post on here where someone found one with a gasket around the light, i dont know where or what type it was.

But for my rattle i cut a thin strip off my old wiper blades and glued it to the light. Has never rattled since. You could just put one strip on the top and bottom or the sides.

Crazybird
10-16-2006, 08:34 PM
oo good idea i wonder if i still have my old blades ill check in the morning

Civic Accord Honda
10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
taake out the back light

Crazybird
10-16-2006, 08:45 PM
noo i like it lol

ghettogeddy
10-16-2006, 09:00 PM
my 89 has blue felt sround the light and yes u can get the foam strips at walmart u can also use the weather striping with is fine in the ran so is the foam striping it wont roat or brake apart
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Manufacturing/Industry/Product-Catalog/Tapes/Bonding-Tapes/Product-Pages/?PC_7_0_2ITI_root=GST1T4S9TCgv&PC_7_0_2ITI_output=html&PC_7_0_2ITI_gvel=JNXTCSZ9FZgl&PC_7_0_2ITI_vroot=81LC4NNTD4ge&PC_7_0_2ITI_node=P0NZRQ2CKWbe&PC_7_0_2ITI_theme=en_US_manufacturing_industry_por tal&PC_7_0_2ITI_command=AbcPageHandler