PDA

View Full Version : clunk sound coming from front of car!!!

gfrg88
10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
well last night on my way home while i was stuck in traffic my car started making come little clicking sound from the front, i had heard it before about a year ago, but it went away. as the car speeds up it starts clicking faster. while im giving it gas or when im stepping on the brakes it doesnt do it??? :wtf: it only does it when its just cruisin, no gas no brakes, and as i start slowing down the clicking does too. it has seem to get worse today and im kinda worried of what it might be. someone help me AGAIN!!! :help::sadwave:

Jasonf860
10-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Cv joint !

MessyHonda
10-16-2006, 05:51 PM
yeah jason is right ...jack up the car and check the axel and cv joints

gfrg88
10-16-2006, 06:16 PM
is this gonna happen from one day to another???

MessyHonda
10-16-2006, 06:50 PM
is this gonna happen from one day to another???

yeah...mine didnt click and one day it started clicking...mine was auto tho...so it only clicked when i turned....also check your ball joints....mine make noise so im going to put some new ones...as soon as i get them.

gfrg88
10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
well, today it was REALLY bad. and i decided to look at the wheel while i was moving, i had done it before. and it turns out that one of my lug nut stud things was broken and rest were nearly ready to fall off. i quickly pulled over, jacked the car up, and tighten the lug nuts really good. hasnt made a sound since. :slap: thank god the rest didnt fall off all the way and i nothing else didnt happen. that was a close one. :hs:

88Accord-DX
10-18-2006, 06:22 PM
I'd replace all the studs, probably messed the threads up. Don't need that happening again. Your car though.

gfrg88
10-18-2006, 06:46 PM
yeah hopefully ill be replacing all that soon, and i might as well rebuild all other suspension parts while im down there.

MessyHonda
10-18-2006, 07:40 PM
well, today it was REALLY bad. and i decided to look at the wheel while i was moving, i had done it before. and it turns out that one of my lug nut stud things was broken and rest were nearly ready to fall off. i quickly pulled over, jacked the car up, and tighten the lug nuts really good. hasnt made a sound since. :slap: thank god the rest didnt fall off all the way and i nothing else didnt happen. that was a close one. :hs:

always remember to torque the lugs to 80 foot pounds....your lucky tho....my neighbor had 4 of them fell out and one left...believe it or not it made it home...he had to walk to the parts store to pick some up and he found a lug nut across the street from where he heard the big click.... good job dude.