PDA

View Full Version : erghm.. top front window trim piece...

A18A
10-17-2006, 01:28 PM
how do you keep those top trims of the front window on?? theres no clips or anything, it was just the 2 side ones holding it on :( and now its not there... i thought i heard something plastic on the road yesterday.. oh well, i got a spare one some were... but before i put it on... how the hell do you keep them on without them falling off

thegreatdane
10-18-2006, 01:59 PM
the one above the front windshield? You glue it on with window weld.

3gn86lxi
10-18-2006, 02:20 PM
the one above the front windshield? You glue it on with window weld.
NO you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are supposed to be clips in there, I think there are 5 clips that you can get from Honda.
Don't use silicone or ANY glue for that matter, do it right and get new clips.

thegreatdane
10-19-2006, 07:44 AM
NO you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are supposed to be clips in there, I think there are 5 clips that you can get from Honda.
Don't use silicone or ANY glue for that matter, do it right and get new clips.

hehe, I figured someone would say that. But since Overdosed is the master of ghetto fixing (rangimodding??) he just as well get to hear the ghetto fix from the start :D

3gn86lxi
10-19-2006, 09:45 AM
hehe, I figured someone would say that. But since Overdosed is the master of ghetto fixing (rangimodding??) he just as well get to hear the ghetto fix from the start :D
lol..........I hear ya.

A18A
10-19-2006, 11:56 AM
ya i tried a hot glue gun, thats what made it come apart in the first place i think lol.. maybe i need something better... i feel sorry for the vehicle behind us that had a piece of plastic fly at them :lol:

gp02a0083
10-19-2006, 12:04 PM
3gn is right there is suposta be 3 or 5 clips for the trim peice , i would try getting clips and not gluing it , b/c if u ever have to replace the windshield the glass man will end up dystroying it

A18A
11-27-2006, 03:53 AM
weird, i found it, and it has some clip things on them, but no were to clip on the car =/ i just have to slap it back on the car when it pops up after everytime we go somewere lol

RamThis
11-27-2006, 09:28 PM
No no no, there are SEVEN clips that hold it in place that snap on to trim pins on the forward lip of the roof skin. I have my windshield out and happened to clean the faying surface of the windshield of all the old adhesive today in preparations for primer. I can get you a pic here in just a bit of what the clips should look lile. There are also some of the same clips on the rear window side trims.

I think the trim itself has some clips on it as well, I'll look in my trim box and see what it has.... and get some pics for you in a bit....

A18A
11-27-2006, 10:40 PM
ohh cool thanks :welcome: pics would deffinatly help :D

RamThis
11-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Well I'm trying to get you the pics I just took but Im having hell with the DTO pic server for some reason. Gimme a bit maybe it will come back online soon.....:dunno:

ghettogeddy
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
well i bet when the other flew off the clips went with it

A18A
11-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Well I'm trying to get you the pics I just took but Im having hell with the DTO pic server for some reason. Gimme a bit maybe it will come back online soon.....:dunno:
its ok, i can wait :)

well i bet when the other flew off the clips went with it
you're prolly right, the sucky thing about this piece is that its all bent up and not smooth :(

RamThis
11-28-2006, 12:42 AM
I guess the server is having trouble tonight, I cant get on for some reason. I'll just email you the pics.

Edit: well just learned 3geez email link is weird on the profiles. Hmmmm, not actually an email but a PM sent to your email I guess. Cant attach pics that way. You can PM me your addy and I'll send em to you or I'll just post em when our site is up and running again, hopefully soon!

RamThis
11-28-2006, 01:17 AM
Pics sent, and link to the honda parts site. Unfortunately they show those clips are not available, but the four attached to the trim itself between the attaching clips show available. Makes no sense, since those are the least important part, its the actual attachment clips that people will need more than anything!!

Anyone know where you can get those clips?? I was thinking an automotive glass installer might be able to get some of those aftermarket somehow. I think about five of mine are replacements as they are a light grey color, and two of them on the driver side are black. I could tell the windshield in my car had been replaced before by all the extra messy sealant everywhere that I had to scrape off today. So at some point, someone put some new clips on it. I could use a couple as I have a few cracked clips I'd like to replace myself......

A18A
11-28-2006, 01:19 AM
thanks RamThis :welcome: that should save this one from flying off somewere :D those pics help ALOT :bow:

RamThis
11-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Glad to help. I'll post the pics when I can for others to see later. I'm starting to have trouble loading 3Geez, now, keeps coming up as page unavailable or server not found, thinking it's my ISP having a glitch tonite maybe and not the sites. Who knows, hopefully it will all be back to good when I come back after I get some sleep. :bong:

A18A
11-28-2006, 02:12 AM
oo im having probs with 3geez aswell :( i thought it was my isp too

MessyHonda
11-28-2006, 08:12 AM
i think you can use 3m tape...i broke clips on my molding and im planing to use that kind of tape...my isp is working fine btw