PDA

View Full Version : oxygen sensor question.

lostforawhile
10-17-2006, 01:29 PM
hey are the oxygen sensors for the carbed engines and the fuel injected engines the same? everyone tells me the O2 sensor for the carb car is no longer made,but the part number is the same as the Fi car. are they actually the same? I know they have the same thread and they are both unheated sensors, as far as I know the output is probably the same. went to machine my manifold due to warpage and discovered the o2 sensor is toast. I mean really toast. as in blown to pieces toast. fixed the little problem that destroyed the sensor but now I have no sensor. too many fireballs out the exaust i guess.

shepherd79
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
yes they are the same ones. it is just single wire O2 sensor. any autoparts store should have it.

mkymonkey
10-17-2006, 02:20 PM
just as a tip, bosch sells model especific o2 sensors that cost 40 bucks each. but they also sell universal ones for 20 bucks each. they fit with no problems...thats what im running on my car. the uni ones come with a lil kit type of thing to splice your old o2 sensor's harness to the uni one. its really easy, shit it even comes with shrink wrap!

i thought i'd give it a try when i changed mine becuase, well, they're 40 bucks cheaper! :D