PDA

View Full Version : busted thermo valve and other vacume snaps need ideas

labeledsk8r
10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
ok i have a busted thermo valve, can i run the car without it or do i need to order a new one? also i found a busted conecter thats part of the circled wondering if i can just plug this stuff off or something since im allready useing a cut airbox now and it seems to be part of that suction area thingy? please help im so close to getting this fully together

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/engine.jpg

A18A
10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
i think thats the A/C idle booster or something, itl work without it though

labeledsk8r
10-17-2006, 04:01 PM
so were all do i need to plug it off? if you got any ideas becuse if its not needed (no a/c) then ima rip that crap out now while my engine is aprart

A18A
10-17-2006, 04:05 PM
o shit sorry, thats not the thing i was thinking off :( :slap: sorry, i just had a look of a pic of my engine and that wasnt there

but just plug the hose that goes to it

labeledsk8r
10-17-2006, 04:09 PM
theres like 3-5 hoses going to it and the parger ones conect to the intake and the black box that has the EGR on it, i have no clue what it is but i dont know if i should plug them all or what, i dont think i can get ahole of a new conecter peice thingy

88Accord-DX
10-17-2006, 04:19 PM
You talking about the thermo valve on the back of the intake that has 3 vacuum lines going to it?

MessyHonda
10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
so were all do i need to plug it off? if you got any ideas becuse if its not needed (no a/c) then ima rip that crap out now while my engine is aprart

thats a good idea to take off the a/c crap i heard its like 90 pounds.

labeledsk8r
10-17-2006, 06:37 PM
You talking about the thermo valve on the back of the intake that has 3 vacuum lines going to it?
yes, yes i am

thats a good idea to take off the a/c crap i heard its like 90 pounds.

yeah well i took out the main components like bracket,compressor, pipeing, and all that it totaled up to like 82.4 pounds of junk, i just never messed with the vacum routing of it becuse well i hate messing with vacum lineing but i am faced with the problem lol so ima take it head on

88Accord-DX
10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
That thermovalve is heat sensitive & plays a good deal in how your carb will idle when it reaches operating temperature. It cost about $54 at the stealership & that is the only place to get it besides finding a use one.

I broke it too & wasn't happy with the cost either. :violin:

labeledsk8r
10-17-2006, 06:58 PM
That thermovalve is heat sensitive & plays a good deal in how your carb will idle when it reaches operating temperature. It cost about $54 at the stealership & that is the only place to get it besides finding a use one.
I broke it too & wasn't happy with the cost either. :violin:
you mean they dont sell it at like a napa???? if they only sell it at the dealership then im fucked becuse the closest dealership is 2.5 hour drive there and another 2.5 hours back, so i would have to order it from majestic honda and ugg i dont have time to wait, DAMN THE ACCORD ugg stupid small problems become big ones

88Accord-DX
10-17-2006, 07:19 PM
you mean they dont sell it at like a napa????
Nope, dealer item. Been there done that.

labeledsk8r
10-17-2006, 07:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO DAMNIT i hate maine, back in ocala i would frigen go down the street and pick it up, damn maine and its non import car dealership ways

wbarrett48473
10-18-2006, 07:57 AM
You can probably get it shiped to you from hondapartscheap.com ....

Its where I got mine

labeledsk8r
10-18-2006, 01:01 PM
You can probably get it shiped to you from hondapartscheap.com ....

Its where I got mine

thats the thing i kinda dont have time to wait on shipping, car was suposed to be together last week lol, i found a junkyard and ima go check in there tomarow see if i can do some pocketing tricks and see if i find any cup holders and arm rests to help pay back the bill i have on parts.

and anyone got any advise on that peice i showed? like what it goes to and if i can just plug the snaped hoses??