PDA

View Full Version : omg sei for sale

Crazybird
10-19-2006, 02:33 PM
i looked and i found an sei

1989 HONDA ACCORD 4DR SEI fully loaded, not safetied, needs some work, some rust, new stereo sys, good fixer upper, please leave message, sunroof 180,000 kms, $1,500.

any suggestions id consider looking at this but i want to see it first...

does anyone know what tranny this comes with..... probably auto right....

newaccorddriver
10-19-2006, 02:37 PM
i looked and i found an sei
1989 HONDA ACCORD 4DR SEI fully loaded, not safetied, needs some work, some rust, new stereo sys, good fixer upper, please leave message, sunroof 180,000 kms, $1,500.
any suggestions id consider looking at this but i want to see it first...
does anyone know what tranny this comes with..... probably auto right....

1500 is alot for a car that isnt safetied and needs some work. id consider looking at it first, but definetly get a buyers inspection done as it might not be road worthy ever again.

ChaseR
10-19-2006, 02:42 PM
what is "safetied"?

ghettogeddy
10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
what is "safetied"?
prolly lie a smog or reg thing in canada

ZackieDarko
10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
sounds like a piece of shit to me

a good condition SE-i would go for that much hell a good condition LX-i around here goes for that much

Crazybird
10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
well how much would a full efi swap and manual tranny cost??

w261w261
10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Think of an SE-i as an LX-i with leather, special tinted glass, a Bose stereo system, rear disk brakes, and a lot of other small things. The problem with the leather is that, unless the previous owners took care of it, by now it's probably dried out and cracked. The driver's seat is a given, but also the headrests in the rear get cracked. Fixing leather is *very* expensive (compared to the value of the car), and if it's going in one or two places besides the driver's seat, it's probably ready to go in others.

The glass is special bronze-tinted, not available in the aftermarket. Mother Honda has it, and usually has to be specially ordered, and you know what *that* means (my windshield was over $600).

If the rear speakers don't work, the Bose amp, mounted under the rear deck, is gone. It's a proprietary design, so only Bose can fix it.

The rear calipers tend to freeze up, which can be a pain, both financially and timewise, if you're fixing them yourself. To buy new ones is about $200 each from Honda, less of course from others if you can find them.

The rest of the car, with a few exceptions (radio controls on steering, body color on outside mirrors, diff sun visors, cupholders, etc) is regular LX-i. The good news is it's a fuelie, so no carb issues.

I think the leather better be super, the rear brakes unfrozen, the glass all there, the carpets good, the drivetrain in good shape, the bushings/ball joints not screwed, for that car to be $1,500.

MessyHonda
10-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Think of an SE-i as an LX-i with leather, special tinted glass, a Bose stereo system, rear disk brakes, and a lot of other small things. The problem with the leather is that, unless the previous owners took care of it, by now it's probably dried out and cracked. The driver's seat is a given, but also the headrests in the rear get cracked. Fixing leather is *very* expensive (compared to the value of the car), and if it's going in one or two places besides the driver's seat, it's probably ready to go in others.
The glass is special bronze-tinted, not available in the aftermarket. Mother Honda has it, and usually has to be specially ordered, and you know what *that* means (my windshield was over $600).
If the rear speakers don't work, the Bose amp, mounted under the rear deck, is gone. It's a proprietary design, so only Bose can fix it.
The rear calipers tend to freeze up, which can be a pain, both financially and timewise, if you're fixing them yourself. To buy new ones is about $200 each from Honda, less of course from others if you can find them.
The rest of the car, with a few exceptions (radio controls on steering, body color on outside mirrors, diff sun visors, etc) is regular LX-i. The good news is it's a fuelie, so no carb issues.
I think the leather better be super, the rear brakes unfrozen, the glass all there, the carpets good, the drivetrain in good shape, the bushings/ball joints not screwed, for that car to be $1,500.

nice i like that....yeah maybe if you can lower the price you can get a deal...i would offer 1100 and tell them that is because of the problems...

1ajs
10-22-2006, 02:40 PM
prolly lie a smog or reg thing in canada

it means exactly what it says a saftie gariteeds that that car is safe to drive. its a joke realy only need it to register the car under a new owner its good for a year once you got it don't need to ever get one inless it changes tittle to some one els thats not related to you...
has nothing to do with smog at all the rules change from province to province though and in manitoba the insurance is run by the province and they merged that with the drivers licning.... lol

crazybird a SEI intresting... i see 2 or three of them downtown black one a blue one and a 2dr black one...

call the number see what the guy has to say :P maybe you could get it for less then 1k
but then your unimployed just like me :P

Crazybird
10-22-2006, 07:41 PM
lol ya i may be getting a new job hehe

1ajs
10-22-2006, 08:41 PM
kool good luck with that