PDA

View Full Version : Time to Update Spring/Strut How To!

MIK3
10-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Just wondering if there is any way we can update or revive those pictures with the How To on the Springs and Struts. There are no pictures. Can someone re-do one or revive those pictures? I'm planning on using this when I do my suspension set up. Thanks in advance.

conozo
10-20-2006, 06:37 PM
I agree, and not just with that particular how to but lots of other important threads that dont have pics anymore.

someone (like me) needs to make a supplemental 3gee website with the important threads minus all the extra crap and a site to host our images besides a bunch of random sites

oh, and stop copying my car mike

jk

88Accord-DX
10-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Unfortunatly, the people that make the How-To's seem to have the links to the pics & deleted them on their pic sever. I've noticed that myself.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Is there not room on the 3geez server for images like that?

mkymonkey
10-22-2006, 12:54 AM
thats what ive always wondered too....why cant the pics be copied to the 3geez server once its made into a how to/stickie or put in the how to section so on and so forth. some of the stuff on there is very valuable info for people that want to search and do their shit on their own.

i mean we all bash noobs on how they have to search before they ask...but half of the shit is missing. how do we expect anyone to learn what we have if 6 months down the road shit is deleted.

my .02c

ghettogeddy
10-22-2006, 09:29 AM
i can take pics the next time one of us Nor*Cal 3Gers drop a ride it might even be my 89 next but i can alwas take pics when i do my rear tokicos

thegreatdane
10-22-2006, 10:05 AM
thats what ive always wondered too....why cant the pics be copied to the 3geez server once its made into a how to/stickie or put in the how to section so on and so forth. some of the stuff on there is very valuable info for people that want to search and do their shit on their own.

i mean we all bash noobs on how they have to search before they ask...but half of the shit is missing. how do we expect anyone to learn what we have if 6 months down the road shit is deleted.

my .02c

I second that.

When made into a howto, host the pics locally.

MessyHonda
10-22-2006, 02:43 PM
i can take pics the next time one of us Nor*Cal 3Gers drop a ride it might even be my 89 next but i can alwas take pics when i do my rear tokicos

we can do 2 how to's.....MY SE-I rear disks and when i drop my car with the tokicos that i already have....i also got drilled and sloted rotors with SS brake lines foo.... im a happy guy:)

87accordlxi
10-22-2006, 07:31 PM

my .02c
Moderators are given FTP access to the server for uploading pics for the How-to. Unfortunately, it poses a problem if the members who originally wrote the How-tos...
1) don't have the pictures on their servers anymore so we can get them;
2) had the pictures located on a server or account that no longer exists so we can't get them;
3) no longer have the pictures at all, period, or;
4) have disappeared and we cannot contact them.

mkymonkey
10-22-2006, 07:43 PM
well what about for future how-to's can that be done. instead of just moving it, why not take the time to upload the pics to the 3geez server?

MessyHonda
10-22-2006, 07:50 PM
cool i want my pics to be on the 3geez server.....anyways monkey i totaly agree with you fool. some ppl post it up on like free image host and then the host deletes it after like 30 days.

87accordlxi
10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
well what about for future how-to's can that be done. instead of just moving it, why not take the time to upload the pics to the 3geez server?
Each FAQ/How-to mod was given the login info, and Vinny did use it, but he hasn't been able to do much around here lately.

As far as other hosts go, Imageshack doesn't seem to delete images. The pics I uploaded there for the Imageshack how-to (http://www.3geez.com/forum/announcement.php?f=12&a=28) have been up for a couple years now.