PDA

View Full Version : a few cell phone pictures

lostforawhile
10-20-2006, 09:06 PM
a few crappy cell phone pictures,still better then my camera though,car is in the garage ready for major work tomorrow
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p95416a72d74fa1acae34a43c1a77fc8a/ec6d5762.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pd032e0bead25a6cd7b10fd5a0374755c/ec6d575e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p6185f1b3759258f312b5c9ef96070699/ec6d5758.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p7d46630ebf53fa6cebbc5fae5cf59240/ec6d5755.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p63b0aba07b185bead27bc81d2bb33898/ec6d574b.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pffeba9d64b71a854893ca268765f5b25/ec6d5747.jpg
[img]

Civic Accord Honda
10-20-2006, 10:04 PM
i like the colors on the engine

A18A
10-20-2006, 10:21 PM
you really need a better camera, other than that, good choice of color. and did you paint on the walls? :rofl:

2oodoor
10-21-2006, 02:45 AM
you have hood scoop?
what is the deal with all the gold and platinum cars , are they the pagan lords of cars? lol Is that why we do this crazy dance:???
You have a lot of work done there, keep it going. Is that the infamous civic carb intake top I keep hearing about?

MessyHonda
10-21-2006, 06:53 AM
you are right the pics are a lil better.....nice work tim...hope you get the bugs worked out.

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 07:01 AM
you have hood scoop?
what is the deal with all the gold and platinum cars , are they the pagan lords of cars? lol Is that why we do this crazy dance:???
You have a lot of work done there, keep it going. Is that the infamous civic carb intake top I keep hearing about?gold and platinum cars? my intake is completly custom,it's actually part cessna airplane,I've got a post of the hood scoop project on here somewhere it's another major project and it's completly functional.I'll try to find the link

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 07:05 AM
you really need a better camera, other than that, good choice of color. and did you paint on the walls? :rofl:na they were vandalized when my shop was broken into,they stole a bunch of stuff painted obscenities on everything and thew hydraulic oil all over everything. we repainted over some of the f this and f that because we couldn't get it off the walls.

A18A
10-21-2006, 07:07 AM
ooo, that sucks then, i thought you were just being creative there

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 07:14 AM
ooo, that sucks then, i thought you were just being creative therewe were,had to find a way to cover it up. some of the stuff was already there,like the wall paper,this building was part of three buildings at one time,used to be a plumbing shop and showroom,it's got the remainder of some of the art deco left in it. it's close to a hundred years old. it used to be full of car memorabilia,but a bunch of it was damaged with the vandalism,also a bunch of it is packed up due to us moving into our house soon.

Cheeseburger
10-21-2006, 08:18 AM
looks good tim! try to get some day pics and see if the pics come out better

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 12:35 PM
yea it was set to night settings. thats probably why it looked like that. that picture in the garage was taken with 500 watts of overhead lights.

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 12:51 PM
gold and platinum cars? my intake is completly custom,it's actually part cessna airplane,I've got a post of the hood scoop project on here somewhere it's another major project and it's completly functional.I'll try to find the link
here is that link roodoo,from the first version of the baffling through to it on the car. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45304&page=2&highlight=hood+scoop+baffling+in+progress

speedpenguin
10-21-2006, 01:08 PM
What's the major work you're doing?

2oodoor
10-21-2006, 03:13 PM
gold and platinum cars? my intake is completly custom,it's actually part cessna airplane,I've got a post of the hood scoop project on here somewhere it's another major project and it's completly functional.I'll try to find the link
I had not seen that yet, WOW . I wanna see that. and yes gold and platinum color, I am not sure the name but the code for my car is YR-60M-3 I call it gold, and my remark was refering to how many of us here on the forum have that same color or close, the other color is more platinum than gold... as well, most of the sedans in any kind of decent shape in my area here are the same color too, most other ones like blue, green are beat up looking.. coinky dink.

2oodoor
10-21-2006, 03:35 PM
What's the major work you're doing?
speed, put on or take off your beer goggles :kekeke: , his air intake is custom made, look real close at the pics,for example look at the bracket from the valve cover, look factory,,, um no... and he what looks like making a scoop of aluminum sheet metal I think. yep that would be a lot of work man.
Tim I had the same idea as you on the hood but different approach...that I would eventually go find a minor damaged 2002 (i think is the year, i may be a year or two error) mustang hood, at a a body shop throw away, which is already fiberglass and looks like an inside out WRX scoop. I would cut out the center as close to the same with as the contour of the Honda hood and sink it, fit it in, pop rivit and fiberglass, keep the same basic profile and location of the factory hood contour but would have seamless fresh air scoop, hooking it up is a whole nother project, I would just do it for the looks, but I would have to use insulation on inside hood, and yes cold air is cold air no matter if it comes from the top or the bottom. Ive done a lot of that kind of work years ago, I used to have a 72 european merc capri with total body job,I glassed the whole thing and made everything but the fender flares, rockerpanels were left stock made pans for rear and dam for front, and glassed cobra jet hood. Looking back that was a cool ass car, 2.8 liter solid lifter V6, weber carb, I mounted mustang seats in it about 6 inches back so I could even get in the POS.
I like your work, and keep it up,

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 05:43 PM
What's the major work you're doing?if you click on my link in my signature and scroll down there is a partial list of some of the work done

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 05:50 PM
if you click on my link in my signature and scroll down there is a partial list of some of the work done
my bad misunderstod your question,major work i'm doing now is trying to save the head,those autozone helicoils I bought all stripped out in time and now there are two studs holding my exaust manifold on. got to take out the bad helicoils and redrill the holes,then rehelicoil with good ones to a 5/16-18 stud. it's nerve racking. I put a lot of work in that head when I first got the car and I don't want to lose the casting. also got to pull both struts out,and take that PS pump back apart because one of the O rings in the kit wasn't any good.

speedpenguin
10-21-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm not talking about what's been done, I'm familiar with all that, I've been following the build, I was just asking about this:

car is in the garage ready for major work tomorrow

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 07:55 PM
my bad misunderstod your question,major work i'm doing now is trying to save the head,those autozone helicoils I bought all stripped out in time and now there are two studs holding my exaust manifold on. got to take out the bad helicoils and redrill the holes,then rehelicoil with good ones to a 5/16-18 stud. it's nerve racking. I put a lot of work in that head when I first got the car and I don't want to lose the casting. also got to pull both struts out,and take that PS pump back apart because one of the O rings in the kit wasn't any good.
bump. LOL at least it's not as bad as having to take that freaking brake booster out and havint to put it right back in.

speedpenguin
10-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Man, I really can't wait to see your car when it's all finished!

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Man, I really can't wait to see your car when it's all finished!neithier can I,neithier can I

ChaseR
10-21-2006, 08:07 PM
lost... WHat is it with you and Vandals? First they go into your shop and chop the place up then Rip your spoiler off. LOL Are you a target for young delinquints?

lostforawhile
10-22-2006, 07:26 AM
who knows,they probably don't like my car because it's not a civic with a big ugly wing. don't forget about the quarter window,it was broken for no reason,that cost me over 200 bucks for a window and shipping. it was the original one too,with the OK honda sticker on it. :gun: :gun: :gun:

2oodoor
10-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to get a piece of quality aluminium stock, which would be bar you could have welded or if you weld aluminum really good, to that side of the head, sort of like a header flange but aluminum and made to be part of the head. then make your studs into that. Do you get what Im saying. you would basically be covering up and filling in all of the damaged part and actually extending the exhaust side of the head probably half or three eighths thick bar stock piece and have the ports c&c into it , new studs pressed in etc..I guess you would have that space you cant access with welder you would have to use something to seal, Im sure there is something out there if not even jb weld, like it aint going anywhere and will be supported by the actual manifold bolted to it.,,, or maybe make a gasket and just use the studs you still do have usable. I think Ive seen a vw jetta with manifold sorta done like that.
It would work and look sorta like the weber carb adapter kit

2oodoor
10-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I dont know but you could also ask Santa or Uncle roodoo ( as if) for a wireless security camera set up, they have them at sam's club, comes with four or five wireless camereas, and base set up that you can give an IP address to and record , view remotely from your cell phone. or better yet PDA device can view all cameras at once.... there is some really cool surveillance equipment out there and prices are coming way down on it, just a thought, hey thats what I am asking the fat man for this year....