PDA

View Full Version : Battery Relocation Again

bigbrat41
10-22-2006, 07:04 PM
I realize that basic battery relocation is fairily simple, positive to pos and negative to neg BUT, I am also installing a push button start and intend to eventually eliminate the ignition switch on the column.
For now, the question is, what is necessary besides a wire to the alt, solenoid, starter and the main fuse box?
Am I missing anything else?
I have an unfused line to the alt ( hi output), a fused line to the solenoid (thru the pushbutton), and a fused line to the fuse box (eng comp box, front line replacing the line that runs directly from the batt pos).
The details are not all finalized and I have done much research but still feel like I'm in WAY over my head.
I am also installing a batt KILL switch. Which connection must I switch to kill the motor?
ANY help or advice will be appreciater.
Thanks

Oldblueaccord
10-22-2006, 10:45 PM
The battery kill switch If im reading right like for drag racing kills all power to the whole car. So it need to be right inline with the main power wire off your battery.

As far as a push button start you need to energize the ignition as well as ingage the starter sol. its possible maybe to use a toggle switch to make the ignition hot and then the button to run the starter. Get a wiring diagram of our car and trace out the curcuits to fully understand what you looking at.

wp