PDA

View Full Version : whats worth salvaging for future causes?

newaccorddriver
10-22-2006, 08:58 PM
some of you might know that i have aquired elijahs old accord, but the thing still needs some work to get it road worthy again.

i know the dashboard needs to be fixed, but thats something i can live with. im just curious as to what i should actually salvage out of my old 86 Ex-i before i send it to the scrap yard. i know ill be needing the front and the rear bumpers(unless they dont fit on an 88-89 model), i should probably take the ECU out cause it was so damn hard for me to find it, but what else is actually worth keeping?

this cars got alot of rust, so no body parts are being kept. interior is near mint, but nothing i could really reuse or have a point in keeping, so theres no point of keeping any of it. anybody have any ideas?

forrest89sei
10-22-2006, 09:02 PM
some of you might know that i have aquired elijahs old accord, but the thing still needs some work to get it road worthy again.
i know the dashboard needs to be fixed, but thats something i can live with. im just curious as to what i should actually salvage out of my old 86 Ex-i before i send it to the scrap yard. i know ill be needing the front and the rear bumpers(unless they dont fit on an 88-89 model), i should probably take the ECU out cause it was so damn hard for me to find it, but what else is actually worth keeping?
this cars got alot of rust, so no body parts are being kept. interior is near mint, but nothing i could really reuse or have a point in keeping, so theres no point of keeping any of it. anybody have any ideas?

Both Bumpers, the trim on the side of the car, Any Relays, ECU, Cluster, Heater Controls, Heater Vents, the Injecter Resistor ($$$$$$$), the Fan Timer from under the seat (also $$$$).

Any good interior things can be sold here or on ebay!

and what color is the interior?

MessyHonda
10-22-2006, 09:11 PM
i would get all the important stuff from the engine...just keep it as a back up. if the interior is mint just strip it and save it in like a big trash bag..yeah stuff like door handels and stuff like that you can make it a keyless car.

1ajs
10-22-2006, 09:17 PM
fuel pump... power steering pump...

rad? head light motors

obsqure things that are hard to find...

1ajs
10-22-2006, 09:18 PM
i would get all the important stuff from the engine...just keep it as a back up. if the interior is mint just strip it and save it in like a big trash bag..yeah stuff like door handels and stuff like that you can make it a keyless car.
are there any keyless 3geez out there?

Pico
10-22-2006, 09:20 PM
are there any keyless 3geez out there?
Twoloudnproud has no keyholes in his doors

MessyHonda
10-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Twoloudnproud has no keyholes in his doors

wohdog also did it on his car...check out his post on it...

1ajs
10-22-2006, 09:31 PM
realy kool wonder what he did to cover the key holes?

hmm this thread got hijacked sorry

Pico
10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
realy kool wonder what he did to cover the key holes?
I think you can use the rear handles from the sedan and mount them in the front doors

1ajs
10-22-2006, 09:35 PM
o :P did not think of that

another thing to add to the list door mechcanical parts

newaccorddriver
10-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Both Bumpers, the trim on the side of the car, Any Relays, ECU, Cluster, Heater Controls, Heater Vents, the Injecter Resistor ($$$$$$$), the Fan Timer from under the seat (also $$$$).

Any good interior things can be sold here or on ebay!

and what color is the interior?

interiors kinda brownish like. not so much of a tan color, and not so much as the maroon color, but the brownish color

i totally forgot about the relays and such under the passenger seat. are they all interchangable between the 88-89 models?

newaccorddriver
10-22-2006, 09:50 PM
fuel pump... power steering pump...
rad? head light motors
obsqure things that are hard to find...

although the fuel pumps still good, ive got elijahs brand new one in the new car, and on top of that ive got a 255LPH one sitting on my room that i was about to use, so that might not work as much. power steering is a joke, but im not sure how often those things go, but since ive got it in a bag already, theres no sense in throwing it out. im probably going to keep the headlights so i can do a projector conversion on them when i have time, but im not sure if its worth it as H4 conversions are more practical.

whats actually hard to find in our cars anyways? theres plenty of 3Gs at the junkers, i just hate to pay for half of it, and i dont feel like having extras taking up all the room in the garage. asides from the relays and such, theres not much more i can think of.

1ajs
10-22-2006, 10:27 PM
plastic clips screws bolts things like that. the platic gard under the front of the car... also the bumper brackets if they are still in good shape

buy a tool box just for screws bolts plastic clips off the 3gee

forrest89sei
10-22-2006, 10:29 PM
interiors kinda brownish like. not so much of a tan color, and not so much as the maroon color, but the brownish color

i totally forgot about the relays and such under the passenger seat. are they all interchangable between the 88-89 models?

yes.

can you post a pic of the interior?

I have a brown interior car

newaccorddriver
10-23-2006, 02:47 PM
yes.
can you post a pic of the interior?
I have a brown interior car

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/newaccorddriver/car%20pictures/

theres not a single interior picture, but you can see through the glass for comparison i guess...