PDA

View Full Version : Honda License plate

HondaBoy
10-23-2006, 01:37 AM
ok, well i had made this like 3 or 4 years ago and somehow it got misplaced. well i was just looking around at some crap and it just so happened to be there. i thought someone has stolen it a long time ago, so i just forgot about it. well anyway, its a plexiglass sheet the size of a standard US license plate, with the "H" and "HONDA" glued to it. the back of the plexiglass was scuffed and painted black. anyway, here's a look. looks like it got a little scuffed, more noticeable in the pix. but i can hit it with some plastic polish to make it shinnier.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC05081.jpg

MessyHonda
10-23-2006, 06:53 AM
looks nice...did you go to the junk yard and take hella emblems?...lol

HondaBoy
10-23-2006, 11:19 AM
took a few, but that was a few years back. heh, i dont have anywhere to put this thing. i'll probably just hang it on my well. lol.

speedpenguin
10-23-2006, 04:09 PM
That's cool! Now you have something to put on your car for photoshoots

HondaBoy
10-23-2006, 11:34 PM
yeah, i'm thinking like on the back plate mount or something. but i dunno, i decided it looked good hanging up on the wall in my room for now. heh.

Tomisimo
10-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Can you tell as how to made one by mi self? this is cool mood.

HondaBoy
10-24-2006, 12:14 PM
i got a piece of plexiglass first off at the hard ware store. then i traced around a license plate onto the plexiglass. then i used a fast speed recipricating saw. after that i drilled some holes where they would be on a license plate. then, sanded and painted one side of it. after that i glued the emblems onto the smooth surface, made sure to measure and everything so things lined up to look good. i'm thinking of making some type of plate for the front of the car thats more like the size of a european plate. i dunno, but they arent incredibly hard to make when you have the right tools and stuff.

Tomisimo
10-26-2006, 09:54 AM
thenkss man. i gona tri to make me one pair.