PDA

View Full Version : compatable b20a parts

3gmodifier
10-23-2006, 09:35 PM
ok all you b20a gurus. i just purchased a b20a and i know alot about them and even more about other jdm stuff for the 3g but i wanted to know if the intake manifold bolt pattern and or the runners are the same as lets say a usdm b16,b18, or b20. i ask because BBK makes a killer intake manifold and throttle body and i was going to get the one for the b16 and make it fit. you know the mod a few of the guys have done ware they make the b16 mani fit the a20, well same thing only i would be using a much nicer and better performing manifold. well now i have a b20 and i want to do the same so i just need to make sure it can be done. if anyone has a b20a intake manifold gasket, can you compare that to a b18 gasket. and also. does the jdm b20a clutch and flywheel match the prelude b20a5/7 . if soi can get a real good deal on a fidanza 8 pound flywheel and i would be getting an ACT six puck ceramic clutch like i currently have. any info is greatly appreciated.

MessyHonda
10-23-2006, 09:48 PM
hey....i just got a victox x from elijah....its for the b16 and it comes with a 70mm tb....you have to mod it..and the rear dog bone wont fit..but its worth it. also you should look at the engine swap questions...i bet they have been answered...fushi just got a clutch for his b20

snoopyloopy
10-23-2006, 10:07 PM
idk about the im, but the consensus on the clutch/flywheel q is that it is possible, but you need to do a little bit of machining to the inside of the b20a tranny bell housing. and if you use the flywheel, there's some small changes that must be made as well. anyway, on a side note, when it's all up and running or what have you, maybe i can stop by and check your car out since i live relatively close to you.

MessyHonda
10-23-2006, 10:22 PM
ok all you b20a gurus. i just purchased a b20a and i know alot about them and even more about other jdm stuff for the 3g but i wanted to know if the intake manifold bolt pattern and or the runners are the same as lets say a usdm b16,b18, or b20. i ask because BBK makes a killer intake manifold and throttle body and i was going to get the one for the b16 and make it fit. you know the mod a few of the guys have done ware they make the b16 mani fit the a20, well same thing only i would be using a much nicer and better performing manifold. well now i have a b20 and i want to do the same so i just need to make sure it can be done. if anyone has a b20a intake manifold gasket, can you compare that to a b18 gasket. and also. does the jdm b20a clutch and flywheel match the prelude b20a5/7 . if soi can get a real good deal on a fidanza 8 pound flywheel and i would be getting an ACT six puck ceramic clutch like i currently have. any info is greatly appreciated.

PM'ed

gfrg88
10-24-2006, 08:14 AM
the IM are interchangeable between the a20 and b20 so all you have to do is get a gasket for the a20/b20 and drill the new bolt holes. correct me if im wrong someone.

oh and you finally got that thing huh?? lol youve been waiting forever to get that shit lmao

MessyHonda
10-24-2006, 08:58 AM
the IM are interchangeable between the a20 and b20 so all you have to do is get a gasket for the a20/b20 and drill the new bolt holes. correct me if im wrong someone.
oh and you finally got that thing huh?? lol youve been waiting forever to get that shit lmao

yeah man i think you are right...the gold tops have like the 86-87 style mani and the black tops have the improved 88-89 style...so you can bolt up(minor mods) a b16 intake mani like carotman did.

snoopyloopy
10-24-2006, 09:10 AM
well not exactly "bolt-on." you have to get it redrilled for the a20a/b20a. and does the stock b16/b18c5 im really give that much of an improvement to be worth buying one? or is it just the aftermarket ones that are really worth it? and hmm, sidetracked, i wonder what it would take to get companies to manufacture the aftermarket IMs with the altered bolt pattern for the a20a/b20a?

gfrg88
10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
well not exactly "bolt-on." you have to get it redrilled for the a20a/b20a. and does the stock b16/b18c5 im really give that much of an improvement to be worth buying one? or is it just the aftermarket ones that are really worth it? and hmm, sidetracked, i wonder what it would take to get companies to manufacture the aftermarket IMs with the altered bolt pattern for the a20a/b20a?

when i put on a stock b16 one i saw a BIG improvement all across the powerband. dont know how it would do if you put it on a stock engine, but on mine it was great :rockon:

snoopyloopy
10-24-2006, 11:58 AM
hmm...maybe i'll pick one up. that and a delta 272. run that for a few months then put in my b20a when i can finally afford to get it shipped. :lol: btw, how did you plug the egr? and did the ecu like that arrangement? and do they have the dual-stage runners too?

gfrg88
10-24-2006, 12:09 PM
hmm...maybe i'll pick one up. that and a delta 272. run that for a few months then put in my b20a when i can finally afford to get it shipped. :lol: btw, how did you plug the egr? and did the ecu like that arrangement? and do they have the dual-stage runners too?

the vacuum line just gets plugged. the egr still has to be connected, just the wiring. no they dont have dual-stage runners. people said i would lose lowend torque with this but i didnt see any loss. didnt get a code for the egr, i did get one for the iacv i think it was. but thats because i tried to desable it....i have one for sale :D already modded.

3gmodifier
10-24-2006, 03:57 PM
cool sounds great. well i will most likey buy the im any ways and see. if i cant see it being feasable then i will just sell it. there is a friend of mine with an integra type r who is in an integra club. some one will buy it from me for sure.

RobT5580
11-18-2006, 02:25 PM
hey....i just got a victox x from elijah....its for the b16 and it comes with a 70mm tb....you have to mod it..and the rear dog bone wont fit..but its worth it. also you should look at the engine swap questions...i bet they have been answered...fushi just got a clutch for his b20

If you cut the mounting brackets down and make a new slot for the dog bone it will work and i believe i had to do a little welding to make it work right. I have the victor x on mine but you really need the upper dog bone mount so you should try to modify yours as i did unless you already did something.

MessyHonda
11-18-2006, 05:18 PM
If you cut the mounting brackets down and make a new slot for the dog bone it will work and i believe i had to do a little welding to make it work right. I have the victor x on mine but you really need the upper dog bone mount so you should try to modify yours as i did unless you already did something.

i didnt even want to mess with it....i have a stock engine...so i sold it...il get one later when i have more mods....maybe a rebuilt engine.