PDA

View Full Version : High Idle

accord89carb
10-24-2006, 04:41 AM
hi my accord is 89 LX manual with the carb when i start my car the acclaration is allways high and when the car get warm it work some time normal then when i shut down the motor for 5 or 6 minutes the acclaration come high again i mean very high like rpm goes on 4 and to bring it down i have to pump the gas alot then it comes normal and i like to know front of the engine there is a manafol there should be a heat shield which my car doesnt have its complete rusted and fell off so i like to know what is the use of the shield which comes on the manafold.
Thanks
i checked all vacume pipe were good when i removed the vacume pipe from aircleaner if you go in this site then you will know what i am talking about when the page will open you will see the digrams then go to fig 18.on the aircleaner there is a vacume number 8 when i removed then the accleration going good but when i leave the accleration it sound like little missing so i like to know why its doing like this and this vacume should be connected and when its connected the butterfly in the carb goes close and when i remove it work good.but when i leave the accleration it sound like missing but when i accleration sound good.and one thing more in my car on the exhaust manifold there should be a heat shield which i dont have in my car some people were saying that will make work good if i install the heat shield which comes on the exhause manifold,
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d800d0656.jsp

HostileJava
10-24-2006, 04:52 AM
Welcome to the forum, please post things in there relevant sections. Please search before asking questions and start a new thread in the appropriate section with a descriptive name if you can't find the answer to your question.

Thanks,

Jim

2oodoor
10-24-2006, 05:02 AM
:deal:
Welcome to the forum, please post things in there relevant sections. Please search before asking questions and start a new thread in the appropriate section with a descriptive name if you can't find the answer to your question.

Thanks,

Jim
Please listen to Hostile Java, there are SO MANY threads about this subject , dont be lazy guys. You have to dissimulate the information anyways to make your own best decisions/analysis. No one person can give you the magical super answer to that high idle question for EFI cars or Carbed cars . 3GEEZ Hondas. There are a dozen things on each type that can cause this problem, and now that its colder weather more and more will show up. Except if you have upgraded either system to aftermarket.(not the same or as difficult to trace anyway)

A20A1
10-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi, I have an 89 LX with a manual transmission.

When I start my car the RPM is always high and sometimes when the car is warm the RPM will be normal.
The car also makes a “dig-dig-dig” sound like the engine is flooded, the exhaust will expel black smoke, and there is a fuel / burning smell. The fast idle goes on after 6 minutes and it runs at 4k RPM. To bring the RPM down I have to press the accelerator pedal a few times, then the idle RPM drops to a normal speed. If I shut down the motor for 5 or 6 minutes the Idle RPM is high again, I mean very high like the RPM goes on 4 and to bring the RPM down I have to pump the accelerator pedal a lot to lower the RPM to a normal Idle speed.

I checked all vacuum lines and they were good.
I removed a vacuum line from air cleaner. If you go in this site then you will know what I am talking about.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d800d0656.jsp

Look at the diagram on the link and go to fig 18.on the air cleaner, when I removed vacuum line number 8… (?( the acceleration going good but when I leave the acceleration it sound like little missing so I like to know why it’s doing like this )?) and if vacuum line number 8 should be connected. When vacuum line number (?) is connected the choke plate / butterfly in the carb closes and when I remove vacuum line number (?) it works good. (?( When I leave the acceleration it sound like missing but when I acceleration sound good. )?)

I'd like to know if there should be a heat shield on my manifold and what it is used for because my car doesn’t have it, the shield was completely rusted and fell off.
Some people were telling me that having a heat shield will help the car run better.

Thanks

A20A1
10-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I hope thats what you were trying to ask... fill in the blanks where needed, then we can assist you better.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45880

Vacuum line #8 on American and maybe Canadian Accords operates the Hot Air Door. When the hot air door is opened it closes the air intake and opens a small hole that is under the air cleaner, the hole has a hose on it and that hose will connect to the heat shield. The hose supplys the air cleaner with hot air from the exhaust manifold. The hot air helps with fuel vaporizaion, since fuel in liquid form is harder to suck into the engine and also can create a rich condition that makes it harder to ignite / burn the fuel properly.

accord89carb
10-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks A20A1 sorry about my english Thank for understanding and correct whatever i wrote:D

accord89carb
10-24-2006, 02:02 PM
need one more information i am looking for distubuter cap i called auto parts lots of peoples are selling 34 to 45 $ and i auto part person selling for 18 $ and where ever i called the auto parts peopleasked me which one is in my car they said one come TEC and other comes Hatachi and the guy selling for 18$ i dont know what brand is that one so if i buy cheap one is it ok?
Thanks

A18A
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
I hope thats what you were trying to ask... fill in the blanks where needed, then we can assist you better.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45880

Vacuum line #8 on American and maybe Canadian Accords operates the Hot Air Door. When the hot air door is opened it closes the air intake and opens a small hole that is under the air cleaner, the hole has a hose on it and that hose will connect to the heat shield. The hose supplys the air cleaner with hot air from the exhaust manifold. The hot air helps with fuel vaporizaion, since fuel in liquid form is harder to suck into the engine and also can create a rich condition that makes it harder to ignite / burn the fuel properly.
whoa i didnt know it was that important :o i best put my one back on