PDA

View Full Version : timeing belt wont line up, please help!

labeledsk8r
10-24-2006, 02:47 PM
ok plain and simply put im putting the new timeing belt on and when i slide the belt on its moves the T mark on the little timeing slot thingy (what ever its called) about one notch, so i mark the cam shaft sproket and the belt there so i know to move it one over, i take it off and reset it to TDC accordding to that hole thing and i put back on and bam its one off the other way now except i cant see the little guage anymore in the veiw hole. when i have it on the one that i made the make i can still see the gauge thing in the veiw hole but its not on the T mark its inbetween the T mark and another mark wtf???? please any help i got alot left to do on my car and this has slowed me down alot thanks

2oodoor
10-24-2006, 03:28 PM
stick a screwdriveror in jam it somehow to lock it up so it dont move. also if you have a five speed put it in like third. if you have plugs out use something soft and not metal and stick in holes to keep crank from moving.. search the forum there are lots of ideas out there for that same 'situation" my redneck tools dont work for everybody.
bestwishes with it.
also of all the cars I have worked on with rubber band motors , marks on the belt have helped , but on these A20 motors it did not help at all, I did not get it. I did notice that tdc are slightley offset for #4 and #1 are not up at the same time, there is a very slight diff in degrees , very very slight, wierd.

Jasonf860
10-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I just had the same problem! The crank needs to be lined up with the white line next to the T. No where else!!! That is TDC for the crank. make sure your cam is lined up like it should be. Now worry most about the belt on the FRONT of the engine. It should line right up. slip it over the rest of the pulley and weave it between the tensioner and over the oil pump. turn the crank for a space of 3 teeth on the cam, and tighten your tensioner. now turn it around till the cam reads TDC.. Check your crank, it should be dead on. (mine was VERY close) Turn it once more around and verify again. put it all back together and your set!

labeledsk8r
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
I just had the same problem! The crank needs to be lined up with the white line next to the T. No where else!!! That is TDC for the crank. make sure your cam is lined up like it should be. Now worry most about the belt on the FRONT of the engine. It should line right up. slip it over the rest of the pulley and weave it between the tensioner and over the oil pump. turn the crank for a space of 3 teeth on the cam, and tighten your tensioner. now turn it around till the cam reads TDC.. Check your crank, it should be dead on. (mine was VERY close) Turn it once more around and verify again. put it all back together and your set!

well thats sounds like about what i did, i have it on the T mark and the cam on tdc but i wove it and was trying to put the belt on the gam gear last? is this rong? should i weave it afterward? and do i turn it 3 notches after i have all of it saet up? thanks

Jasonf860
10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I wove it first too. the critical side is the front so that is the side you should be doing first. So unlike every other one I've done. Start with the front, get it on the crank and cam then weave it through. if you already have it back together, just remove the valve cover and upper timing belt cover, line up the crank at TDC, loosen the tensioner, and slip the belt off the cam. While holding the belt up tight to the crank gear, have someone turn the cam to line it back up TDC. Then slip the belt back on. It's a pain to get the front side back on , but once you do, you can pull up on the tensioner side and slip it back on.

labeledsk8r
10-24-2006, 05:38 PM
allright ima go try this again, and for info i dont have the valve cover or anything else on there right now, nore any pullys alternator and water pump, i have been rebuilding her up in the garge and this was on the list of many things to do to have it runnig again. thanks for the info ima go try and come back and let ya know

Jasonf860
10-24-2006, 05:43 PM
GL man! GL!

labeledsk8r
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
still wont go on.... its like its way to tight, i have the tensioner spring out and it as lose and far back as it can go and still way to tight i dont get it, also wtf is the red line on that timeing mark thingy, i have it lined up with the one with the T (i can see my pistons aswell threw the hole and that one is at the very tip[ of the stroke) so wtf is the red one?? thanks i want to get this finished by tonight

Jasonf860
10-24-2006, 06:34 PM
According to the 3 manuals i read, the red line is the Timing mark. Not the TDC mark. when your car is together and running, the red line is the one you set your timing to. I say put it together with the lower cover and all that good stuff, and do the belt slip method. I know it's not the right way, but it works and I got mine back in time in about 20 minutes tops. That was with taking the covers off and reinstalling them. Also, mine was a hair too tight to line up perfectly also. I moved the cam gear just a hair to line it up. Not a full tooth or anything, just a hair.

labeledsk8r
10-24-2006, 06:37 PM
well the red mark isnt the top of the stroke but if your positive then it might work becuse it seems its off by like half a tooth now mayby when its there its corect?? but i want to double check that i time it to the red line (theres no T next to the red line lol)

88Accord-DX
10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Best advice I can give is to line up the "T" on the flywheel/flexplate when you put the lower timing belt on. Then line up the cam sprocket even with the marks corresponding to the top of the head.

The trick is to keep any slack from the cam to the crank sprocket when installing the belt..

You can't have any slack, that is where the 3 teeth rule comes into play.

shepherd79
10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
if you keep saying that the belt is too small, are you sure you got the right belt?

labeledsk8r
10-24-2006, 08:45 PM
well i got it on wth it lined up on the red line, i really hope thats the right mark hahahaha and like an idiot to get the belt fully on the bottom sproket i put the guide on and then slid the pully over it and hit the pully with a hammer to slide it all the way on and took at 1 inch chip outa the damn power stearing pully part dont know if its gona throw it outa wack but its gotta work till i get back to florida, thanks jasonf860 your way worked and thanks everyone else, now i get to finish the vacum hoses and put the exaust and radiator and waterpump and everything else i got left on the list

88Accord-DX
10-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Your lucky there is any color on anything your looking at through the "peep hole". I don't care for colors myself, I'd look for the "T" on the flywheel. (or the mark on the flexplate)

labeledsk8r
10-24-2006, 10:09 PM
thats the think there was a T mark and then a red line later on lol i got it timed on the red line, dont know if its timed correctly wont know till i finish getting the entire car back together

ChuChi
10-24-2006, 11:04 PM
I just did this tonight (see http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55747). They're right that you need to line up on the 'T' and not the red line. I had it on the red line and it kept slipping to the 'T' when I streched the belt onto the cam. Did this about 3 times before I figured out that the teeth in the belt won't mesh with the teeth in the cam if it's lined up that way!!

labeledsk8r
10-24-2006, 11:21 PM
I just did this tonight (see http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55747). They're right that you need to line up on the 'T' and not the red line. I had it on the red line and it kept slipping to the 'T' when I streched the belt onto the cam. Did this about 3 times before I figured out that the teeth in the belt won't mesh with the teeth in the cam if it's lined up that way!!

it matched up fine for me on the red line, i had the problem your talking about though at first but then rememberd i forgot to tighten the tensioner after a counter clockwise turn of 3 teeth, i will see what happens when i get the car together and try to run it lol

Oldblueaccord
10-25-2006, 12:54 AM
might be a differance betweeen auto and 5 speed possibly or carb and FI where the marks are.

wp

Jasonf860
10-25-2006, 03:51 AM
The Red line is NOT TDC for the crank! It is the timing mark! It's for a little thing called mechanical advance! The mark that needs to be ligned up is the WHITE mark with the T next to it! This is the same on all 86-89 accords... it may look different on manual/auto but they both have 2 colored marks. The red one is red for a reason! It means DON"T use it as TDC! Yes, your car will run lined up on this mark. I know, that is where mine was lined up. You have to advance your timing all the way and it will run, but it's not right! Now that you have this together, turn the engine till it lines up with the white TDC mark. Your cam will be off by a tooth, maybe 2. Now do the slip off method I described above and line the cam up properly. You don't need to take off the lower cover or pulley to do this, just make sure you keep tension on the front side of the belt and loosen the tensioner so that you have some slack.

shepherd79
10-25-2006, 05:43 AM
boy you will have all kind sof problems. i don't think your car will even start.
Get yourself shop manual and follow instructions.

HostileJava
10-25-2006, 06:21 AM
then slid the pully over it and hit the pully with a hammer to slide it all the way on and took at 1 inch chip outa the damn power stearing pully part dont know if its gona throw it outa wack

Did you do any work to the bottom end? New bearings or anything, cause you may end up redoing the work if your crank pulley isn't balanced anymore. You don't want to have to pull it all apart again. I'd get a new accessory pulley for the crank.

Jasonf860
10-25-2006, 06:24 AM
boy you will have all kind sof problems. i don't think your car will even start.
Get yourself shop manual and follow instructions.
It'll start if you advance the timing fully. This is exactly where I had mine lined up at first. I drove it even like this! Then I realized that I had screwd up and fixed it using the "slip" method. Runs like a champ now!

ChuChi
10-25-2006, 09:45 AM
It'll start if you advance the timing fully. This is exactly where I had mine lined up at first. I drove it even like this! Then I realized that I had screwd up and fixed it using the "slip" method. Runs like a champ now!

Crap, now I'm second guessing my fix :eek5: Is the white TDC mark near the red timing mark? I think they were only ~1/4 inch apart on mine. If they aren't close, them I'm in the completly wrong spot :eek:

Oldblueaccord
10-25-2006, 10:00 AM
no there that close. I think its 15 degrees white to red mark. You can make it up with the distributor for the time being. Look up you year car and type like I said I think there differant marks per flywheel type.

wp

shepherd79
10-25-2006, 10:11 AM
if you take the distributor cap off and look at distributor you will be able to move the piston to TDC.

labeledsk8r
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
wtf ugg there is no white mark theres a T and everytime i tried to get the damn thing on at that point it would frigen move half a tooth, im sick of this car now the frigen egr pipe wont fit back on and i have a damn shop manuel and all it says is line it up with the timeing mark, and i cant get a new crank puylly becuse im in POS maine and im suposed to have this car driveing to florida by tomarow and its not done, to much shit to do in this short time

Jasonf860
10-25-2006, 04:41 PM
the line next to the T is the white one. My crank pulley has a small chip in it from whomever did the belt last. It didn't bother my car one bit. As for the EGR, Your gonna have to force it to line up. Those things are a pain in the but on any car.

shepherd79
10-25-2006, 05:54 PM
little tip, remove the spark plugs. this way, pistons can travel easy. you should be able to get the timing mark TDC, which is T mark, without skipping a tooth.

labeledsk8r
10-25-2006, 10:06 PM
i was looking at the timeing hole thingy (what the hell is it called so i will stop calling it that) and noticed the red mark was next to a 5 mark , and when i looked back in my haynes manuel thing it showd it being at the number 4 mark wich should be the red line? i donty know im dredding haveing to move it again it took me over 3 hours to get it on the first time, and what puzled me the most was the T thingy was at the very end of the spinny thingy that has marks on it (im really tired lol) but yeah sorry if i seemed i fliped out earlyer i have been working on this car non stop for the past 3 days and its starting to get to me

shepherd79
10-26-2006, 03:36 AM
i think you took a project that you don't know how to do it.
take it to a mechanic and let them finish it.

the red mark should be 15 deg before tdc, so if you keep rotating just a hair you should see the T mark.

MessyHonda
10-26-2006, 07:32 AM
the red mark should be 15 deg before tdc, so if you keep rotating just a hair you should see the T mark.

i still got to give the guy props for taking it on.....i hate to say it but i didnt change the headgasket on my car...my uncle helped me....i started with out him...took me 3 hours just to get to the damn thing....i knoe some one already said it ....make sure its the belt you need.

labeledsk8r
10-26-2006, 06:55 PM

no i reset it onto the corect line, my manuel did not tell me what mark was the tieing mark thank you someone mentioned the red line so i put it on that, i found out it was rong and i reset it, excuse me that i dont know the damn color line or w/e offhand for this exact car....

i had it started today but it was squeling do to the lower timeing belt cover had a crack in it and was rubbing the crank pully, after i took it back off and started torqueing the cam pully back on my grandmother droped a damn tool in the sight hole for the timeing, i had asked her to hold a screwdriver in place while i tighted it all back up...... i know what i have to do now is take the entire tranny off to get it out... but i did have it running and it ran very well besides the plastic peice rubbing on the timeing cover....

Jasonf860
10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Oh man... That sucks! All that work to have grandma drop a tool down the timing hole....

labeledsk8r
10-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh man... That sucks! All that work to have grandma drop a tool down the timing hole....

she was thew opnly person i could get to hold it while i tightend her up... i dont even know were to begin to get the peice out.. thing that sucks so bad is it fired up and ran great, this projected started almost 2 months ago...... and just like that its fucked up again

Jasonf860
10-26-2006, 07:12 PM
i know everything else in there is steel too, but i'd try a magnet extension first... you never know!

MessyHonda
10-26-2006, 07:28 PM
i know everything else in there is steel too, but i'd try a magnet extension first... you never know!

yeah i was about to say...get a magnet or something....sorry about it tho.

labeledsk8r
10-26-2006, 07:30 PM

holy hell i didnt even think about that!! shit mayby my grand fother has one with his tools someplace thanks!

88Accord-DX
10-26-2006, 10:12 PM
It's late, & I'm not going out in the garage to look. There should be a bellhousing cover on the bottom that you can remove. Most trannsmissions have one so you can get to the torque convertor bolts after stabbing on a tranny.

Oldblueaccord
10-26-2006, 10:14 PM
well theres a cover underneath the tranny you might be able to remove or at least loosen to get the tool out the bottem. I have ,or had, on my 5 speed but when I did the clutch I forgot it so I tossed it in a box. Sounds like you close to getting it running.
wp

It's late, & I'm not going out in the garage to look. There should be a bellhousing cover on the bottom that you can remove. Most trannsmissions have one so you can get to the torque convertor bolts after stabbing on a tranny.
jinx
wp

MessyHonda
10-26-2006, 10:31 PM
jinx
wp

wow havent heard that phrase in a while.....anyways good luck skaterboi

labeledsk8r
10-26-2006, 10:37 PM
yeah thats cool, its way to late just to look at it, i will look around under there to see what i can come up with, i just got so pissed off i had to walk away before i smashed something

. Sounds like you close to getting it running.
wp

yeah i had her running!! thats whats pissing me off so badly, only thing was the lower timeng cover was all bent up and it was scraping so i desided to take it off, and then that happend, she ran for like 3 minutes, after like 2 months apart, its why this is eating me up so bad

wow havent heard that phrase in a while.....anyways good luck skaterboi lol, yeah thanks, ima need all the luck i can get, hopefullyit didnt f*ck sometihng up in there

labeledsk8r
10-27-2006, 05:08 PM
well shes all back together but of corse sometihng else is now rong, i got it fired up and it started getting pinging so i thought damn i screwd up the timeing, so i got out my timeing light and threw it on and the frigen timeing mark wouldent hold steady kept jumping around, i jacked it back up and se the crank on TDC and everytihng lined up perfectly.... wich means i think my dizzy is shot, i was haveing a problem getting the car to time before i left florida aswell.... so im clueless and outa time and money... and it looks like it might be going to the junk yard now...

Oldblueaccord
10-27-2006, 05:19 PM
well shes all back together but of corse sometihng else is now rong, i got it fired up and it started getting pinging so i thought damn i screwd up the timeing, so i got out my timeing light and threw it on and the frigen timeing mark wouldent hold steady kept jumping around, i jacked it back up and se the crank on TDC and everytihng lined up perfectly.... wich means i think my dizzy is shot, i was haveing a problem getting the car to time before i left florida aswell.... so im clueless and outa time and money... and it looks like it might be going to the junk yard now...

I assuming your timing belts tight ? not flopping around as its running?

Your on #1 spark plug wire and your timing light is OK. Check it on another running car.

The pinging you hear is at idle ? running ? You can time it "by ear" meaning by where the idle is and no ping without a light until you can get it straightened out. Check other things like loose wires around the coil etc and a bad spark plug wire too.

wp

Jasonf860
10-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Dude, you spent too much time on this to stop now! there has to be a JY around that you can get a dizzy from!

labeledsk8r
10-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Dude, you spent too much time on this to stop now! there has to be a JY around that you can get a dizzy from!

the closest JY is 6 citys away and the oldest honda (not even in the accord family) is a 1991. then like the next closest one is about a 8-9 hour trip and i dont even have a number to call to see if that have a carbed accord there, and i kinda dont wana make the trip and come out empty handed... i dont know what ima do anymore.. all i know is im suposed to leave for florida in like a day and if the cars not done it goes to the JY and i kinda am getting sick of spending more money on it...

88Accord-DX
10-27-2006, 05:47 PM
I've timed engines with older style distributors & most of the time the timing light bounces around. Make sure you adjust your valve lash too! If you got that much time & money in it, it'll be your loss to the JY.

labeledsk8r
10-27-2006, 05:53 PM
lol um now my teenage noobishness is going to show.... how do you adjust valve lash?? and on the timeing the thing is i had timed it when i first fired it up and it timed perfectly right on its mar every time, i took her for a quick spin, found out i had my throutle to tight and that i had let my TV cable rub up aignst my headers wich melted some plastic. after i fixed this stuff i fired it back up and now she wont time, i dont see what coulda changed, i just know that my dizzy was really worn out the end was very lose **edit-the cam shaft end** when i took it out beofre the rebuild

88Accord-DX
10-27-2006, 06:08 PM
The how to on valve lash is in the HOW-TO section under Engines & Transmissions, 10 down.

The end of the dizzy could be worn out. Just a matter of troubleshooting. If you have some serious slack between the rotor & here a clank from slap, then yes.

labeledsk8r
10-27-2006, 06:14 PM
The how to on valve lash is in the HOW-TO section under Engines & Transmissions, 10 down.
The end of the dizzy could be worn out. Just a matter of troubleshooting.
ok ima go read that,, um do you know of any cheap quick fixes for the dizzy, like i said i had a good amount of free play on the end while it was out and its the original from back in 89 LOL. i dont know i might just pull some of the new parts back out and scrap the rest becuse im out of time

88Accord-DX
10-27-2006, 06:34 PM
The only way to cheap out on buying a reman dizzy is to buy a rotor & cap, other than that there is no kit for it. (reluctor, etc.)

labeledsk8r
10-27-2006, 07:54 PM
damn... so theres no way to put a new bearing set into it and such, becuse i think its just so warn out the timeing is jumping around i dont think its valve lash due to the fact i had it running for a bit and then as it was runnign it started sputtering and i kept checking and it was letting itself fall off the mark.. and im guessing its a honda factory part huh, only shop i got up here is a damn napa and if i drive it like this ima just do the same thing to it like what happend before bend up the valves and cause a leak again

88Accord-DX
10-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Well, Majestic does sell some componants inside the distributor. Not sure if there all available.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sg70_f02.gif

Jasonf860
10-28-2006, 11:34 AM
if you can wait till Monday, i can UPS you a lx dizzy

shepherd79
10-28-2006, 04:28 PM
check your vacuum advance. If it is leaking and doesn't hold the vacuum, timing will jump around.

Oldblueaccord
10-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah thats a good point . Pinch off both the hoses and look at the marks. Plus remember if your idle is going crazy then the marks will move with the idle.

The distributor shaft will turn a little if you twist the rotor thats the advance plates moving.Theres springs that keep tension on them. Up and down play is whats bad then its a bearing.

wp

88Accord-DX
10-28-2006, 04:51 PM
The base timing is set with the vacuum lines plugged off the dizzy. (timing is going to bounce around on older distributors using an inductive timing light)

labeledsk8r
10-28-2006, 07:40 PM
the dizzy is screwd up completly.. bottom line,, i have end play both up and down and spining wise, the vacume advance diaprame is craked off the base and hangs on the shaft that goes into the dizzy. i have to leave for florida on wed and the new dizzy if i orderd it today couldnt get here till tuesday late afternoon. and i dont know if anytihng else is meesed up, alot of vacum conections have been riged back together, the TV cable has been melted and twisted and i just straighted it out the best i could. i have dumped money into this accord since i bought it, and mostly this past few months has been a waste of time and money becuse all i fixed was what broke, not what caused it to break.....

88Accord-DX
10-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, we established that. Seems like Jason guy will send you a dizzy UPS on Monday.

labeledsk8r
10-28-2006, 07:48 PM
i cant due to i have to leave for florida, i have no choice im liveing under my grandparents house and they leave for florida and they have to be there soon due to a doctors apointment...

88Accord-DX
10-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Like I said, timing jumps around on older dizzy's using an inductive timing light, so take it from there.

labeledsk8r
10-28-2006, 07:51 PM
thanks Jasonf860 for the effort, but due to time limitations i cant, becuse even if i get one by tuesday and sometihng else shows up, then i have to take the time to get it to the JY and then buy another car all before wednesday. but thank you for the offer its greatly appreciated

88Accord-DX
10-28-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm going to re-instate a previous post, "the timing light will jump around on older distributors" using an inductive timing light.

labeledsk8r
10-28-2006, 07:58 PM
yes i know this...but it shouldnt jump completly off the timeing gauge on the crank..... and im getting vlave tapping off and on and mostly im out of time to check everytihng again and i should just let it die... im 18 that was the first motor i was ever able to take apart and the fact that i even got it to start was more then what everyone else expected.. i dont know

88Accord-DX
10-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I just want to give you some congratulations on attempting it. I've tried to lead you in the right direction, but since I can't look at your car, I can't give the right answers. Working as a tech & trying to interperate words off the internet are 2 different things.

labeledsk8r
10-28-2006, 08:17 PM
i know, and belive me all the help everyone has given me on this has been a great help. im going to school to learn these things, and i was glad to see i even got it back together and not missing any peices and all that... mostly i jumped into doing a bigger job on a car then i ever have done before, im still a teenager that hasnt had alot of wrench time, i didnt check all the reasons on why it broke, and now im right back to were i was before i left florida, something messing up the vlaves and ruining the head...

Jasonf860
10-29-2006, 04:17 AM
thanks Jasonf860 for the effort, but due to time limitations i cant, becuse even if i get one by tuesday and sometihng else shows up, then i have to take the time to get it to the JY and then buy another car all before wednesday. but thank you for the offer its greatly appreciated
If you were closer i'd drive the dizzy there myself and give you a hand fixing whatever is wrong. Hell, i'd even take some vacation time to do it! I just hate to see a good 3gee go to the junkyard...

A18A
10-29-2006, 04:29 AM
If you were closer i'd drive the dizzy there myself and give you a hand fixing whatever is wrong. Hell, i'd even take some vacation time to do it! I just hate to see a good 3gee go to the junkyard...
yup i agree, i spent about a hour or 2 trynna think of a way to get his 3gee going, its pretty sad :(

Oldblueaccord
10-29-2006, 06:42 PM
yes i know this...but it shouldnt jump completly off the timeing gauge on the crank..... and im getting vlave tapping off and on and mostly im out of time to check everytihng again and i should just let it die... im 18 that was the first motor i was ever able to take apart and the fact that i even got it to start was more then what everyone else expected.. i dont know

I thought about your situation and maybe your should just try and drive it back. If your traveling with your grandparents anyway just follow them. If the thing blows up leave it on the road sign the title and jam. you young it will be an adventure.

wp

labeledsk8r
10-29-2006, 11:51 PM
I thought about your situation and maybe your should just try and drive it back. If your traveling with your grandparents anyway just follow them. If the thing blows up leave it on the road sign the title and jam. you young it will be an adventure.
wp

hahaha well thetre going to florida over a period of like 5 days lol, plus there old and do the speed limit... i got her started agian tonihgt, i bumped the teath on the cam gear up 2 teeth and now its almost there still behind a bit, so as a last ditch effort ima try going one back, and / or one forward from this point see were i am whe that happens.... oh and i jerry riged the dizzy (as in snaped off the vacum advance diaphram and pluged the 2 vacum lines) lol

labeledsk8r
10-29-2006, 11:54 PM
thats very apritiated. its not gone yet, im still trying to get her going but its a very dim chance

Jasonf860
10-30-2006, 03:59 AM
hahaha well thetre going to florida over a period of like 5 days lol, plus there old and do the speed limit... i got her started agian tonihgt, i bumped the teath on the cam gear up 2 teeth and now its almost there still behind a bit, so as a last ditch effort ima try going one back, and / or one forward from this point see were i am whe that happens.... oh and i jerry riged the dizzy (as in snaped off the vacum advance diaphram and pluged the 2 vacum lines) lol
Man, It's gonna run like ass with no vac advance! terrible gas mileage! At least you got her started again... keep trying man! You'll get her going!