PDA

View Full Version : My 81

wizzfish
10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Hey guys, although this forum doesn't seem too active, it seems to be the most active 1g forum on the net ;)

My car, sorry for the cellphone pics, but it's in great shape. I really just want to put some simple aftermarket wheels on it, and I want to get fender mirrors (I know they're a bitch to work with apparently, but we'll see.)

Was garage kept for 25 years, one owner.

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/9896/1704061919sz5.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/240/1704061920tp5.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3581/1704061925ik3.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8516/1704061923wr1.jpg

carotman
10-24-2006, 11:04 PM
That thing looks like new!!!!!!!!

You should keep those wheels or maybe try to find the original optional rims for this model.

Hazwan
10-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey nice car! That thing look so new

:welcome: BTW. Enjoy your stay here

3ghondaerodeck
10-24-2006, 11:14 PM
I agree with carotman, keep those untill you find the original optional ones.

That thing looks great! looks like it's rust free

Cheeseburger
10-24-2006, 11:17 PM
god dam!!! im in love!!!!!

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 12:45 AM
Does anyone have pics of the optional ones? I was cruising some of your guys' cardomains and thought I saw ones that looked very similar to these, but with more 'holes'....are those the ones you're referring to? I rarely see these on the road here, I haven't looked in junkyards yet for selections on these cars yet.

I plan on giving it a wash this weekend and maybe taking some higher quality photos :)

mkymonkey
10-25-2006, 12:54 AM
i rarely see those cars around anymore. shit i havent towed one in a while either (i impound cars) and yours seems like it should have been in the Socal Japaneese Classic Car Show...fucking clean dude. i agree with everyone on the wheels. i dont really know much about the 1g but i think that would look awesome with some lude mesh wheels...either the black or gold ones. fucking nice dude. congrats and welcome to the forum

Hazwan
10-25-2006, 01:39 AM
This is the original wheels that they are talking about.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2186000-2186999/2186862_2_full.jpg

BTW is that original floor mat?

MessyHonda
10-25-2006, 08:05 AM
damn that thing is soooo clean...i would put full insurance if anything happen to it.....:thumbup:

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 09:27 AM
This is the original wheels that they are talking about.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2186000-2186999/2186862_2_full.jpg
BTW is that original floor mat?

oh those! ok i've seen pics of those before.
And yea i've got both original floor mats in excellent condition.

edit:
I'm going to bet it's impossible to come across those wheels, though? Has anyone ever tried tracking down a set?

2ndGenGuy
10-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey welcome to the forum. I saw your car yesterday on GenMay. VTAK sent you over from there eh? I was enjoying lookin at your ride. Very sweet!

Talk to offthahook. He's got an 81 almost exactly like yours. He just had his repainted. It's one hell of a clean whip. Him and I have been looking for parts forever. I'd love to find some of those rims myself.

His hatch has an OEM power antenna. Something I've NEVER seen in a 1g. Not that I've seen a lot of 1gs out there.

Yours has the 1.6l engine, being in Canada, right? No CVCC as well?

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Is mine still the 1.6? I was pretty sure there was no CVCC....I really haven't looked into this car too much yet since I insured it and started using it as a daily driver for school in the city, I've been too busy working on getting my old (well, newer) car ready for sale. My antennae isn't power, I don't even know how they'd fit a power antenna mechanism in where it's located. I do have satellite radio in it though that I yanked out of my other car....it plays solidly through the one speaker in the dash haha.

I looked in my local buysell and there's apparently an 81 accord parts care for sale that I might look into getting for parts for myself and to part stuff out online...what specifically are you guys in need of?

Also, mine's automatic...if I find a parts car with a 5spd, how much of a pain in the ass is it to do a swap on these? Has anyone ever documented it? Ahh I said I would just use this as a daily driver, now I'm all into it now :D

2ndGenGuy
10-25-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to do the 5-speed swap in mine right now. I've got the engine pulled, and I'm putting the 1.6l head on it from a Canadian car. I wanted to ditch the CVCC, and the head seems to have a bit bigger ports on it. I think it will flow better, plus there is a guide on here that mentions the EL head (1.6l) on the EK block (1.8l) will raise the compression. My head is almost done being rebuilt, just waiting on valve seals.

As far as how to do the 5-speed swap. I think that the manual and auto both had different carbs. But the axles are the same from what I've researched, and just the shift linkage and pedal cluster need to be changed out.

Oh yeah you have to run a hydraulic line from the clutch master to the clutch slave, since these older Accords have hydraulic clutches.

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Olympia eh....that's not TOO far away....haha.

I'll definately track your progress, I can't see myself tinkering heavily with this car until the spring. Do you know if the holes are predrilled for the clutch master cyl already?

The swap to 4x100 bolt pattern seems like something i'd rather undertake as a first attempt at screwing with this car :)

2ndGenGuy
10-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Olympia eh....that's not TOO far away....haha.

I'll definately track your progress, I can't see myself tinkering heavily with this car until the spring. Do you know if the holes are predrilled for the clutch master cyl already?

The swap to 4x100 bolt pattern seems like something i'd rather undertake as a first attempt at screwing with this car :)

I haven't looked at the firewall yet to see if they're there or not. Should be easy to drill out though.

I'm not ready myself to go for that 4x100 conversion. Though it would make for some nice brakes and nice wheel upgrade options. But I kinda like the chrome rings on the wheels with the little H center caps...

86AccordLxi
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
No way, it's Wizzfish from nwn :P

Funny to see you here. Sell your car yet?

Alex

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 04:32 PM
No way, it's Wizzfish from nwn :P

Funny to see you here. Sell your car yet?

Alex
Greetings! NWN's been under new management pretty well for the past bit...colin, ben, vince and I had our good times, and not so good times running the club. I still plan on making things like the GG meet every year though...maybe i'll take the honda down lol.

But Nope, the rice rocket still hasn't sold yet, the mileage is scaring away all the kids i think despite the fact she runs great. Kids are used to other kids beating on cars, I had to go and take care of mine through regular maintenance, silly me eh? No one cares that I've got receipts showing them that they won't have to do major repairs really within the next little while because so much work was done in the past little bit lol.

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 04:34 PM
I haven't looked at the firewall yet to see if they're there or not. Should be easy to drill out though.
I'm not ready myself to go for that 4x100 conversion. Though it would make for some nice brakes and nice wheel upgrade options. But I kinda like the chrome rings on the wheels with the little H center caps...

At first I was confused thinking..firewall???? Then I remembered I'm new to fwd :D

2ndGenGuy
10-25-2006, 06:56 PM
At first I was confused thinking..firewall???? Then I remembered I'm new to fwd :D

Woudln't the clutch master cylinder still be on the firewall, directly behind the clutch pedal? Even on a RWD car? It would just have different routing for the hydraulic line maybe. Even so, the transmission isn't in that much different of a location...

offthahook
10-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Holy freaking crap. That is one fine whip you got there. Damn. Mine has a red steering wheel and a digital clock, but other than that VERY similar. I have the LX trim, so my door panels are cloth and a couple other little differences. That car is my car's brotha from anotha motha.

2ndgenguy and I have prowled the US for parts and have had minimal luck. Some things are WAY overpriced, some people are flakey, and (my favorite) "Aw man, I crushed that car last week"... I think we're pretty resolved to just getting hold of an ENTIRE 5 speed 81 Accord, hopefully a 3 door. He's had my back on some stuff, though. This is good news because we have just increased the number of peeps looking for 1G parts by 33%. We're up to THREE. Man, I saw your whip and thought 'Damn, that's pimpin' right thurr.' I need belt moldings for the driver side hella bad right about now, plus other stuff. Pretty much if you find any 76-81 Accord, hit us up. Do not hesitate if you see a 1G, for it may be gone next time. We've had a few close calls, but been too late a lot. Here's a link to mine:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2403971

Stick around mang. Let's do this.

MessyHonda
10-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Holy freaking crap. That is one fine whip you got there. Damn. Mine has a red steering wheel and a digital clock, but other than that VERY similar. I have the LX trim, so my door panels are cloth and a couple other little differences. That car is my car's brotha from anotha motha.

2ndgenguy and I have prowled the US for parts and have had minimal luck. Some things are WAY overpriced, some people are flakey, and (my favorite) "Aw man, I crushed that car last week"... I think we're pretty resolved to just getting hold of an ENTIRE 5 speed 81 Accord, hopefully a 3 door. He's had my back on some stuff, though. This is good news because we have just increased the number of peeps looking for 1G parts by 33%. We're up to THREE. Man, I saw your whip and thought 'Damn, that's pimpin' right thurr.' I need belt moldings for the driver side hella bad right about now, plus other stuff. Pretty much if you find any 76-81 Accord, hit us up. Do not hesitate if you see a 1G, for it may be gone next time. We've had a few close calls, but been too late a lot. Here's a link to mine:

i saw a 1st gee at the junkyard...it was a 5 speed the front was a lil mest up...im not sure if they have it cuz last time i went was like 3 weeks ago...il keep a look out.

Cheeseburger
10-25-2006, 09:02 PM
so what are ur plans with it??

A18A
10-25-2006, 09:07 PM
that car would deffinatly deserve a AOM spot on this site!

Cheeseburger
10-25-2006, 09:10 PM
ya its so dam mint! should be in a museum

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 09:17 PM
haha I know what you mean about scarcity....as soon as I got it, I had to find a new ignition since the key would go in and spin and spin and spin (apparently it's rebuildable though). After a few calls I located the part, pricey, but apparently the last oem ignition of its type in western canada.

2ndGenGuy
10-25-2006, 09:18 PM

Hmm yet another upgrade of the LX. So far we have for the LX vs base model:

Power Antenna
Cloth door panels
Color matched wheel

Mine isn't an LX and has none of these features. Anything else you know of? I know that A/C was an option on the LX's too, but wasn't a base LX feature in itself.

Cheeseburger
10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
haha I know what you mean about scarcity....as soon as I got it, I had to find a new ignition since the key would go in and spin and spin and spin (apparently it's rebuildable though). After a few calls I located the part, pricey, but apparently the last oem ignition of its type in western canada.

:)

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
so what are ur plans with it??
plans are going to be to try and keep it rust free now that it will no longer be garage kept. The one dash speaker is alright actually for what it is but I might throw some 6x9s in the trunk, but under the tonneau cover to keep the stock look. I've got satellite radio which right now is just loosely sitting at the e brake, i plan on doing a proper install inside the glovebox with it (again to keep the stock look).

I'm thinking I might get some hella headlights for it but haven't really looked around, i'm a fan of having bright headlights :)

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Power Antenna
Cloth door panels
Color matched wheel
Mine isn't an LX and has none of these features. Anything else you know of? I know that A/C was an option on the LX's too, but wasn't a base LX feature in itself.
i read somewhere that the LX in later years came with more than one speaker? Like, proper stereo speakers?

offthahook
10-25-2006, 09:28 PM
As far as how to do the 5-speed swap. I think that the manual and auto both had different carbs. But the axles are the same from what I've researched, and just the shift linkage and pedal cluster need to be changed out.

Yes, the axles are all the same BUT you guys will have to stick with 1981 years ONLY. I don't know the difference, but it seems 81 is exclusive for these Accords. If yours are good, I'd reuse them and maybe just replace the boots while they're off. The carb. issue just sucks, esp. if you go stock. I'm pretty sure there is a hack for reusing an AT carb. with a 5 speed swap, but I have no clue how to do it. There has to be an old Honda tech. SOMEWHERE who remembers the carbs. and could say "yay" or "nay." That emissions black box and all the lines are a nightmare if you ever have to mess with them. Also, I found out that you guys would have to get a 5 speed from an Accord (possibly a Lude) with the same steering setup and body style as you have now. I don't know what the difference is, but the interchange seems to always ask 1.) Sedan or hatch and 2.) Manual or power steering. Again, it may be able to be worked around. But, damn, that is a narrow field to pick from if Honda made it so you both have to score 5 speeds from an 81, 3 door, manual steering box. More parts for me though becaus that means TWO whips have to be located.

Also, the radiator might have to have some plugs put in. I think (not sure) there is a transmission cooler on the AT that uses the radiator for a couple lines. I think the aftermarket radiators are setup for either transmission, but OEM used different radiators. Again, you might be able to work around that and just plug the holes.

Lastly, you could get the cluster out of the donor vehicle because the AT's (as you know) have the digital gear indicator at the bottom of the tach. and the shift points on the speedometer. Probably not a big deal and I don't know if wiring is involved. I know going from a 5 speed to an AT would involve wiring, but I dunno the other way. Center consoles are the same. Now, go find those donor cars!

offthahook
10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Power Antenna
Cloth door panels
Color matched wheel

That power antenna is NOT an LX item. It's an SE item as far as I know. I have no idea how mine got on there, but it's tight. Here are the differences as I recall. LX gets:

Variable assist PS
FULL carpet-- lower door panels, too!
Door courtesy lights
AC standard
Digital clock
Nice upholstery/cloth door panels
Tonneau cover for hatch area
STEEL BELTED RADIALS!!

The LX didn't get the passenger side mirror, any audio upgrades, special rims, or rear mudguards. Those would all have been dealer added. Not sure why you guys have black wheels. I thought the 76-8 Accords ALL had black wheels, but the pretty greens, blues, reds, and creams came in 1979 regardless of trim. That's my memory right there...

EDIT-- I just looked in my 81 brochure and it shows the base 3 door with a black wheel and cream interior. It doesn't mention anything about it, but the 3 doorLX and the sedan dash pics have color coded steering wheels. Maybe that is why you guys have black wheels. I never knew until now...

offthahook
10-25-2006, 09:50 PM

Man that really sucks. An auction on ebay just ended and they had SIXTY of those ignitions, with keys, in one sale. $13 was the ending price I believe. I damn near bid on them myself, but 60 is overkill. DO NOT ever throw away your old parts. Like you said, your ignition can be rebuilt. It would suck to just need a part (even a bad one to rebuild) and know you threw one away. Save your stuff if only to see how it works or fits!

wizzfish
10-25-2006, 09:53 PM
$13 US for sixty?!?!?! Holy shit.....multiply that by 10 and that's what I paid in canadian for one.

This thread is keeping me heavily distracted from studying too hard for a midterm tomorrow, I like it.

forrest89sei
10-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Very NICE!

A '81 Accord up north in that shape has GOT TO BE RARE!!

79cord
10-26-2006, 04:41 AM
Though the electric pillar ariel sounded special so SE believeable, [advertised as a special to celebrate a decade of sales in the US].
Thought rear speakers in the 'C' pillars were part of LX Spec. But Aust only ever got one spec so here they were dealer fitted accessories with their rather ugly & sun-damage prone rectangular covers.
While Alloy wheels for the cars are original dealer accessories or period accessories with little available these days for them...But then the US Accords were infamous for being overloaded with dealer accessories for dealers to justify substantial price increases for cars that were in high demand & with buyer waiting lists.
All our Accords got those 8-slot steel wheels but old US ads & roadtests suggest they also got 4-slot & 10? slot steel wheel designs as well
Wish I could pick up some of the later LX colour matched steering wheels, seatbelts & door winders/latch surrounds. I painted my door winders &latch surrounds but paint scratches too easily & knew it wouldn't last on the s/wheel.

Regarding Driveshafts I think the changes were limited to replacing the split-pin & castellated nut on the end with a hammer-pegged collar-nut & a revised head on the outboard ends -squared to splines rather than tapering to the ends to match a new seal in the Hub-carrier, and a revised internal CV-joint system, but the spline pattern didn't change (unlike the '81 prelude) so driveshafts remained interchangeable. Note that '80 & '81 had different hub carriers than earlier models with a circlip retaining the wheelbearings rather that a bolted on retaining ring.

After the major changes late in '78 for the '79 model year with a new drivetrain, frt panels and revised frt structure, rear suspension & handbrake the changes for '81 seem less radical.
The major '81 changes were a revised & raised 'trans-tunnel' floor for a new g/shift linkage & mtgs, even affecting ctr console & frt seat mountings.(Also carried out on Preludes). But comparing my '79 & '81 Prelude g/boxes the outer castings did not change & would appear interchangeable although Ratio's were revised with the '81 Accord apparently having a higher, cruisier diff ratio than the Prelude or earlier Accords. Beware that on my Prelude the flywheel to crankshaft bolts were revised from M10 to M12 though (same as '82-3?) so you'll need the two to match.
Auto distributors also differed here (non-CVCC) with different advance/retard vacuum controls but Carburettor differences looked like screwed-on ancillery vacuum controls, but I think both also varied slightly according to year.
Even '81 radiators/fans seemed to have been revised but would no-doubt be interchangeable.
Edit: forgot that Auto engine mount rubbers also claim to be different -probably softer.

Heard '82-3 1601 EL pistons might be the go -same bore & stroke but domed to raise compression from 8.5 to 9.1 ?

offthahook
10-26-2006, 07:35 AM
$13 US for sixty?!?!?! Holy shit.....multiply that by 10 and that's what I paid in canadian for one.

This thread is keeping me heavily distracted from studying too hard for a midterm tomorrow, I like it.

My man, go to ebay.com (US version) and search for item # 200035060649. No wires, but the switch is there X60. Makes me wanna get an extra just in case.

chickensandwich
10-26-2006, 09:14 PM
how many clicks are you getting per tank??

offthahook
10-29-2006, 10:14 AM
i read somewhere that the LX in later years came with more than one speaker? Like, proper stereo speakers?

Maybe 82 or later did. AFAIK, the 1st generation of Accords got no factory audio. Well, maybe that center dash speaker, but no more. My 3 door has the speakers on the C pillar, but it's not factory. My 84 3 door came with the wiring roughed in, but no factory audio. Early Honda models rolled off the line with no radios, speakers, etc. The dealer could install Honda OEM stuff for a grip of money or an audio shop could do it. I think many dealers really padded the invoice price with "nice" stereos to make more money off the sale. As late as 1991 and maybe later, the DX Accord, the base Prelude, and the CRX's had no factory stereos. ALL were dealer added accessories. But the LX, EX, SE Accords and higher end Ludes had factory stereo setups. In summation, Honda's experience with OEM decks has always sucked.

wizzfish
10-29-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm going to hope this board has auto image resizing in it, here's some pics I took the other day of it:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/451/lalalash0.jpg
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/1594/alksdjasdww5.jpg
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/6011/lkajsdalsdrn1.jpg

2ndGenGuy
10-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Woah sweet pictures man! Car looks great! Makes me wanna go out and get more pictures.

Hazwan
10-30-2006, 03:55 AM
yeah nice pics man

offthahook
10-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Nice whip. The only thing I don't "like" is the wheels. I would throw some shrome beauty rings on there to give it a more finished look. Other than that small detail, I'm feeling that car. That is a gem.

offthahook
11-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Power Antenna
Cloth door panels
Color matched wheel

Dude, I was looking at your 81 on boompa. I noticed those covers that surround the steering column/combination switches are black. Mine are maroon, like the steering wheel. I wonder if that's another LX "upgrade". It would look silly to have the steering wheel and those covers not have the same color. I just never noticed until I saw your car. Didn't you put a 3rd gen. steering wheel in your 84? Did you also use 3rd gen. column covers or did you paint your 2nd gen. covers black?

2ndGenGuy
11-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Dude, I was looking at your 81 on boompa. I noticed those covers that surround the steering column/combination switches are black. Mine are maroon, like the steering wheel. I wonder if that's another LX "upgrade". It would look silly to have the steering wheel and those covers not have the same color. I just never noticed until I saw your car. Didn't you put a 3rd gen. steering wheel in your 84? Did you also use 3rd gen. column covers or did you paint your 2nd gen. covers black?

Yeah I think only the LX got the color matched wheel and steering column in the first gen. Mine are all black.

In my second gen, which is an LX, the wheel and column were colormatched blue to the rest of the interior. I painted the column black just thinking it would look better matched to the 3rd gen wheel. Turns out that the 3rd gens have the EXACT same steering column cover. But they're all black to go with the wheel.

Man a 3rd gen wheel colormatched blue might look pretty tight in the ol' 2nd Gen.

offthahook
11-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Yeah I think only the LX got the color matched wheel and steering column in the first gen. Mine are all black.
In my second gen, which is an LX, the wheel and column were colormatched blue to the rest of the interior. I painted the column black just thinking it would look better matched to the 3rd gen wheel. Turns out that the 3rd gens have the EXACT same steering column cover. But they're all black to go with the wheel.
Man a 3rd gen wheel colormatched blue might look pretty tight in the ol' 2nd Gen.

Weird that I never knew the 1G "later" Accord base models had black steering wheels and column covers. I'm pretty sure the 76-8 Accords all got black steering wheels and covers. I think the LX trim line started in 78. Man, the year to year changes are hard to keep up with!

I never thought of painting a 3rd gen Accord wheel and column covers for a 2G Accord. That might be tight. I think all the 2G Accords got color keyed steering wheels and column covers. I did paint my lower dash panels blue in my 84 Accord. They were black from the factory, now they're blue and it kinda completes the blueness. To me, the black just looked unfinished.

2ndGenGuy
11-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Weird that I never knew the 1G "later" Accord base models had black steering wheels and column covers. I'm pretty sure the 76-8 Accords all got black steering wheels and covers. I think the LX trim line started in 78. Man, the year to year changes are hard to keep up with!
I never thought of painting a 3rd gen Accord wheel and column covers for a 2G Accord. That might be tight. I think all the 2G Accords got color keyed steering wheels and column covers. I did paint my lower dash panels blue in my 84 Accord. They were black from the factory, now they're blue and it kinda completes the blueness. To me, the black just looked unfinished.

Yeah, when I put in the black wheel, I really thought it made the car look unfinished. But when I tossed in the black 3rd gen shif boot and knob, it actually completed the look. I love the feel of the 3rd gen wheel. The 2nd gen wheel is just too skinny for me. I won't mind the skinny so much in the 1g with it's stock wheel...

79cord
11-04-2006, 04:21 AM
All this talk about LX vs base model I thought I should point this out to you:
http://nipponklassik.de/artikel/24/01.htm
I sent a copy to them last year -I've been collecting early Accord articles for a while.
Puts the car in perspective -they weren't cheap and offered qualities far beyond those expected in a car of its size -& the value of the Yen went crazy that year -up something like 50% !
edit : Sorry I was exaggerating a bit far there. The book I'd read was published early in '78 & sugested a 20% rise in the value of the yen over the previous year.
& in passing it also mentioned Honda selling 246,000 cars in Japan & exporting 450,000 in '77 -down 1.3% in Japan & up 44.8% elsewhere compared to '76 ! -how much of that could be attributed directly to the Accord!
(from WORLD CARS 1978).

speedpenguin
11-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Wow how did I miss this thread! This car is awesome!

Civic Accord Honda
11-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Damn that car is mint

wizzfish
02-17-2008, 03:54 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7681/2229680304eca092215ewi4.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2302/22239377235f14534251vh2.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/552/2224705434021b338e67hq4.jpg

i hate winter

Lil Mike
02-17-2008, 04:06 PM
danm that is such a nice car i wouldn't drive it in the winter :cheers:

2ndGenGuy
02-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey wizzfish! Glad to see you're still around. Love the new pics!

wizzfish
02-18-2008, 12:55 AM
thanks guys :)

I'm still kickin, and thankfully so is the accord. Really no issues with it at all over the past year besides oil changes and a coolant flush. It's getting new tires pretty soon though and the brakes done, but other than that it's holding out quite well.

However my couple rust spots seem to be growing in size :( Might have to bite the bullet and look into body work sooner than later.

wizzfish
02-25-2008, 05:22 PM
washed, claybarred, and waxed up over the weekend :)

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3935/1203988684xq0.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3420/1203988685pe8.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2152/1203988686it3.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9886/1203988687la8.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
02-25-2008, 06:25 PM
CLEAN! looks good man keep it up

offthahook
02-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Gorgeous. Now put some trim rings on your wheels. And I would opt for a 185 width tire; I noticed a much better ride, control, grip, etc when I "upgraded". I kept the original 13" rims FTW though.

wizzfish
02-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Gorgeous. Now put some trim rings on your wheels. And I would opt for a 185 width tire; I noticed a much better ride, control, grip, etc when I "upgraded". I kept the original 13" rims FTW though.

haha funny you should say that, im buying new tires this week. They're 155/80s on it now, and im throwing on some 175/70s...i think it will be wide enough :)

offthahook
02-25-2008, 07:25 PM
haha funny you should say that, im buying new tires this week. They're 155/80s on it now, and im throwing on some 175/70s...i think it will be wide enough :)

You'll notice a difference for sure. Good call.

Hazwan
02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Nice and clean!

I want a hatch!!!!!