PDA

View Full Version : what do i do??/

mastaofdisasta
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
I have a decision i need to make, im tryin to get a new car for autox...

heres my options

Austin Healey Sprite( my dad knows where i can get one, and he knows all about the, and we have almost all teh parts cept the body)

5spd 3rd gen accord

1990 civic SI

other 5spd civic

Which one do u tihnk would be the best( im sure ill get some biased answers sicne this is a 3rd gen accord site

cubert
10-25-2006, 03:04 PM
i personally would go with the 90 civic si. Light as shit....all the go fast goodies and suspension you could ever want....and theyre stupidly common so parts arent hard to get.....

87lxiaccord
10-25-2006, 03:05 PM
3rd gen accord definitely what's a austin healey sprite?

mastaofdisasta
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
http://www.dyna.co.za/cars/1961_Austin_Healey_Sprite_MK2_Red_sf11.jpg

oldschool3g
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
If i were to choose from those i would pick the 1990 civic si...but i like to be unique...which is why i have a 3gee:). i wouldnt mind a civic si on the side though...lol.

shepherd79
10-25-2006, 03:36 PM
well if i was you i would go with austing since your dad most of the parts. plus in the future you can swap bigger engine.

MessyHonda
10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
you already got a somewat rare car....just fix it up...its not hard...get some of thoes shocks that the dude from canada is selling....lowering springs, justing bars...and maybe sway bars.....but if dont like the accord get the civic....you can stip it down and have it as a autocross car and keep the accord as a daily driver

snoopyloopy
10-25-2006, 08:01 PM
definitely the civic si. and swap a zc into it. those engines are rediculously cheap and make pretty good numbers. i like to think of them (the dohc ones anyway) as a b16 without vtec.

MessyHonda
10-25-2006, 08:16 PM
definitely the civic si. and swap a zc into it. those engines are rediculously cheap and make pretty good numbers. i like to think of them (the dohc ones anyway) as a b16 without vtec.

yup my friend has one on his 90 civic.....he just flew pass me.....thoes things have power...lol....but he said something about smog.....that is only the california fools

snoopyloopy
10-25-2006, 08:31 PM
yup my friend has one on his 90 civic.....he just flew pass me.....thoes things have power...lol....but he said something about smog.....that is only the california fools
yeah, my friend had a sohc one in his crx and that was still pretty quick. but yeah, you can't really smog it here in cali legally. :violin:

1ajs
10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
couldnt you set up a system that you just swap the motor when you gota do smog...

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 10:57 PM
couldnt you set up a system that you just swap the motor when you gota do smog...

yeah you would have to have all emmitions on the engine. most ppl leave it out cuz its just extra work.

snoopyloopy
10-28-2006, 11:21 PM
yeah, you could. a competent mechanic or mechanically-inclined individual could probably do the engine swap in 4-6 hours if they have all the tools and parts handy and everything goes like clockwork. and taking it out every two years and rebuilding it or something isn't a bad idea. and if you live in socal like i do and drive like hell, it's a good time for a new t-belt and other maintenance like that. maybe even a rebuild.
these older engines may look complicated when you first pop the hood, but they're extremely easy to deal with. but swapping a zc out of an ef civic every two years would be much easier than say swapping a k20a out of an es civic.

Vanilla Sky
10-29-2006, 02:38 PM
i'd be all over the sprite. that would be cool as hell. i think out of the 3, it's the best choice, honestly.

Cheeseburger
10-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Austin Healey Sprite

lostforawhile
10-29-2006, 02:50 PM
i'd be all over the sprite. that would be cool as hell. i think out of the 3, it's the best choice, honestly.
he sprite is what I would get,you shouldn't have emmisions on it eithier,it has no emmisions systems. plus there are a lot of go fast options for it like webber setups,as is the same for most brittish cars.

EricW
10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Sprite since you already have parts and rwd is fun. Although parts are cheap for civics.