PDA

View Full Version : So it might be time for a new deck. Need some help please.

leonardotmnt
10-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Sadly I haven't had tunes in my car for a couple of months now after the latest theft from me while living in Cleveland. They broke my window, took my stereo and amp and weren't even polite enough to shut my door so my battery went dead from the dome light being on. Anyway, I'm getting tired of having no music for the trek back home to Pittsburgh and was looking for a deck to replace my stolen Pioneer P7600MP. I'm thinking about the Pioneer P680MP http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069882_291094587_tab=B,00.html?compName =PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent
and was wondering if any of you have had any experience with it and if it would drive my 6.5 Infinity Kappa components up front until I can afford a new amp too. Other suggestions are also welcome but I'm trying to keep it under $200 on ebay since I'm a bit poor at the moment. Thanks in advance.

MessyHonda
10-25-2006, 07:22 PM
my friend work at best buy he said that the 7800 is one of the best decks...they all have the same power rating of like 50wx4 peak and 22RMS on each channel...its just the features.

ghettogeddy
10-25-2006, 07:29 PM
my friend work at best buy he said that the 7800 is one of the best decks...they all have the same power rating of like 50wx4 peak and 22RMS on each channel...its just the features.
whats teh voltage preout on taht

leonardotmnt
10-25-2006, 07:31 PM
The 7800 is 5v and the 680 is 4v. Aside from having a full color OLED is the 7800 really that much better than the 680?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069880_291147601_tab=B,00.html?compName =PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent
^ 7800 link

leonardotmnt
10-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Do you think the P680MP would handle the components fine for now with the 2 ohm impedance?

ghettogeddy
10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Do you think the P680MP would handle the components fine for now with the 2 ohm impedance?
im personally not a pioneer person i like panasonic and alpine and eclipse decks pioneer is not only the #1 decks stolion in the us but they brake easy under pressure

leonardotmnt
10-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Anything in that price range you like better? The Alpine's I saw seemed far inferior at least spec wise to the P680MP. Not sure about durability issues with Pioneer but I know I didn't have any in two years.

MessyHonda
10-25-2006, 07:49 PM
im personally not a pioneer person i like panasonic and alpine and eclipse decks pioneer is not only the #1 decks stolion in the us but they brake easy under pressure

that why they have detachable faces...so yo can take it off and it wont atract attention....even el cheapo decks have it.

Cheeseburger
10-25-2006, 07:51 PM
i have it too!@!

Crazybird
10-25-2006, 07:51 PM
i have a 580 and i love it and it goes well in my 3 gee

leonardotmnt
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah, funny thing about my deck being stolen was it was the first time ever I haven't taken the faceplate out of my car when I was at school. I just had it in the case in my map holder. Luckily the idiots were too dumb to take my components. Well I guess that was lucky..

ghettogeddy
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vR6NOMIHeXv/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=133C7303
just my style but the preout voltage isent the same as mine in 05 they were 5volt i have a 7301u

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANASONIC-CQ-C7301U-CAR-CD-MP3-XM-PLAYER-RECEIVER-EQ_W0QQitemZ270041149406QQihZ017QQcategoryZ50560QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ghettogeddy
10-25-2006, 07:53 PM
that why they have detachable faces...so yo can take it off and it wont atract attention....even el cheapo decks have it.
but who does lol even i dont thats why my faceplate got stolin

MessyHonda
10-25-2006, 07:58 PM
but who does lol even i dont thats why my faceplate got stolin

lol told ya....anyways...i left the door open on my dx...for like 3 days....everthing for the taking.....i had my 10 inch sub...box....alpine deck... but still a good alarm is good....even the lil blinker...lol

Hash_man_Se_i
10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
First off, your speakers run at 4ohm. And I'd stick with the pioneer, or get an eclipse. Like you said for the price range, alpine decks suck. 1 or 2v preouts are retarded, and their quality has gone downhill big time in the past couple years.

TheWatcher
10-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Don't skimp on your HU. It will be a limiting factor in any future upgrades.

I have a Kenwood top of the line $500+ Excelon HU, and never regretted it.
Like Hashman says, get the 4V preamps. You may not need them YET, but it's nice to have them, especially if your getting amp(s), subs, etc.

And the best part is ... there's a security code that you input, so it's WORTHLESS to thieves. AND if the thieves are stupid enough to bring it to the Kenwood repair center, then you can get your HU back, and the cops will have their car thief (assuming you registered your HU w/ Kenwood, and/or reported the HU stolen to the local Kenwood Repair Center [right after your done talking to the cops]). :)

Peace.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-25-2006, 11:47 PM
^^^ Ya eclipse has the same sort of idea for security wise. Seeing as eclipse faceplates dont come off, and never have... they have a key system built in, which renders the deck useless for theives, and most thieves know that so they wont touch it. If they do, eclipse has a 1yr anti theft warranty.

leonardotmnt
10-26-2006, 05:31 AM
First off, your speakers run at 4ohm. And I'd stick with the pioneer, or get an eclipse. Like you said for the price range, alpine decks suck. 1 or 2v preouts are retarded, and their quality has gone downhill big time in the past couple years.
How did you get the 4 ohm? I just looked on Infinity's site and it says 2 for the components but I don't have the manual with me. That'd be great if it were 4. I really don't know a lot about this truthfully.
Edit: I guess I just looked at the component part rather than the 6.5" component subs which are 4 ohm. I just thought I remembered 2 from the manual but maybe I was wrong.

leonardotmnt
10-26-2006, 05:33 AM
Don't skimp on your HU. It will be a limiting factor in any future upgrades.
I have a Kenwood top of the line $500+ Excelon HU, and never regretted it.
Like Hashman says, get the 4V preamps. You may not need them YET, but it's nice to have them, especially if your getting amp(s), subs, etc.
And the best part is ... there's a security code that you input, so it's WORTHLESS to thieves. AND if the thieves are stupid enough to bring it to the Kenwood repair center, then you can get your HU back, and the cops will have their car thief (assuming you registered your HU w/ Kenwood, and/or reported the HU stolen to the local Kenwood Repair Center [right after your done talking to the cops]). :)
Peace.

I'm not trying to skimp on it, just buy the best I can afford for now. Obviously I'd love to get a $500 HU but I'm getting ready to graduate from college and don't think I'll have a ton of money for a bit. The Pioneer P680MP seemed like a decent deal since it had the 4v outs and my old HU only had 2v so I figured it was probably already better.

leonardotmnt
10-26-2006, 07:37 AM
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA60.7CS'&Ser=KAP&Cat=COS
I'm fairly sure these are the speakers only they might have been the previous year's model. Don't I go by impedance on there?