PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Photos

2ndGenGuy
10-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get these photos online. My buddy actually posted them instead. I've just been too busy with my two jobs.

Went up a few weeks ago to Castlegar, BC and met with Mike (guyhatesmycar). Gotta say he's done a ton of work on his 2gee. It's going to be one hell of a ride when he's all done with it. It will probably be one of the most complete ground up restorations of an old Accord ever done. His pics are in the Welding thread in the 2geez section, and I didn't have my camera when I went to take pictures.

Anyways, we scoured the junk yard up there, and found some interesting stuff. The 84-85 Accords had an engine just like the ES2, but was 1.6 liter and non-cvcc. It might as well have been an A16 engine. The engine code on the body was "EZ" :)

Turns out Guy really does hate his car. Guy is a big time American muscle guy I guess he's got one hell of a V8 sitting in the garage next to the 2g. He probably would hate my car too.

So all of the Accords up until 81 in Canada had the EL engine. They were all 1.6 liter, and had no CVCC. This is a part that I was looking for seriously. That magical head.

Mike gave me the head off of his 81. It was fun pulling it. Wound up getting out the tractor to lift the car since we had no jacks or jackstands. Worked out well. He gave me some carbs and random other parts as well.

So I brought this head home and sent it down to the machine shop right away. It's been almost completely rebuilt, head planed, valves reground, and new valve stem seals are on the way along with new cam seals. I'm excited to put her on. The machinist said that it looks like it flows way better than the CVCC heads, so I'm hoping so.

I'll get some pics of the head when I get it back from the shop. Until then, enjoy the pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/uber.gek/CanadaRoadtrip

forrest89sei
10-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get these photos online. My buddy actually posted them instead. I've just been too busy with my two jobs.
Went up a few weeks ago to Castlegar, BC and met with Mike (guyhatesmycar). Gotta say he's done a ton of work on his 2gee. It's going to be one hell of a ride when he's all done with it. It will probably be one of the most complete ground up restorations of an old Accord ever done. His pics are in the Welding thread in the 2geez section, and I didn't have my camera when I went to take pictures.
Anyways, we scoured the junk yard up there, and found some interesting stuff. The 84-85 Accords had an engine just like the ES2, but was 1.6 liter and non-cvcc. It might as well have been an A16 engine. The engine code on the body was "EZ" :)
Turns out Guy really does hate his car. Guy is a big time American muscle guy I guess he's got one hell of a V8 sitting in the garage next to the 2g. He probably would hate my car too.
So all of the Accords up until 81 in Canada had the EL engine. They were all 1.6 liter, and had no CVCC. This is a part that I was looking for seriously. That magical head.
Mike gave me the head off of his 81. It was fun pulling it. Wound up getting out the tractor to lift the car since we had no jacks or jackstands. Worked out well. He gave me some carbs and random other parts as well.
So I brought this head home and sent it down to the machine shop right away. It's been almost completely rebuilt, head planed, valves reground, and new valve stem seals are on the way along with new cam seals. I'm excited to put her on. The machinist said that it looks like it flows way better than the CVCC heads, so I'm hoping so.
I'll get some pics of the head when I get it back from the shop. Until then, enjoy the pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/uber.gek/CanadaRoadtrip

Sweet! Glad to see you had a good trip!

jonrichert
10-25-2006, 10:48 PM
that's funny, i made a trip to Olympia a couple years back to buy my rims. it was sure a slut getting back across the border, they didn't believe the price i bought them for... had a signed receipt even:rolleyes:

2ndGenGuy
10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Its funny, I got more grief about taking parts across the border from the Canadians. The US border guards were more worried about me bringing back drugs. He asked me about 6 times if I had any marijuana, then searched my car. Didn't say shit about the head, carbs, and manifolds I brought back.

The lady at the Canadian border was about to start charging me duty and tax on the shocks I took up there and dropped off. Even though I told her they were only like $30.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Hahaha well, I guess I'll have fun in the spring bringing a car across the border.. Which crossing did you take?

Looks like a fun trip though.

MessyHonda
10-26-2006, 07:04 AM
wow...you did have a nice trip...i like the madatory honda shots....hope you found most of the parts you wanted.

2ndGenGuy
10-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Hahaha well, I guess I'll have fun in the spring bringing a car across the border.. Which crossing did you take?
Looks like a fun trip though.

I don't remember which crossing it was. All I know is that it was right next to the Columbia River. I think.

There's a map in the photoset that shows the trip. That should explain which one it was.

Yeah it was a fun trip. Was a bit too short.

offthahook
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Man, that's sweet. Too bad we have nothing like that around these parts. The yards are starting to crush 3G Accords because of low demand. I like the front loader move the best. That 1G was hella nice. I need a Canadian hookup for parts!