PDA

View Full Version : umm tranny problems now...

labeledsk8r
10-26-2006, 07:17 PM
ok long story short my project that i started came to an end today got it all back together and fluids in and all cranked her up and she started up and ran great except for a squel noise its i figured out was the lower timeing belt cover rubbing. so i took off my belts, and took off the pully took off the cover and put the belts and stuff back on. then when it came to tourqe the cam pully back on i asked my grandmother to hold a screwdriver in the hole i tourqed it and i asked if she took ot the screwdriver she said yes so i figured great time to hear this thing run go to fire it up and i hear a load bang and she stalls out and the starter turns off. i get out and ask wtf was that and my grandmother said she didnt know so i look around and a fucken handle for the screw driver was laying on the ground... she fucken didnt take it out and it snaped a peice off in the timeing hole, now please dont give me BS about how i shoulda double checked or w/e i figured when i asked is the screw driver out she woulda known and the fact that i was so thrilled to get it running after 2.5 months...i just need some ideas on how to open that part up to get the peice out.. i dont wana lift this engine out and i dont wana drop the trany, can i open the caseing or something??? any ideas are welcome, but dont give me crap about this i dont need it i feel bad enough knowing my car was running good till this after it was apart for almost 3 months. thanks

Jasonf860
10-26-2006, 07:18 PM
is it a 5sp or an auto?

labeledsk8r
10-26-2006, 07:26 PM
is it a 5sp or an auto?

sorry forgot to put that, its an auto, on a lx (if that matters)

Jasonf860
10-27-2006, 04:12 AM
Yeah, the Auto's have a torque converter cover plate that can be removed to access the bolts to the flywheel and torque converter. You might be able to get it from there. GL man!