PDA

View Full Version : My Car Got Broken Into(pics)

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 09:06 AM
well today i woke up and i had to go to the store....i took my Lx-i when i came back i walked pass my DX and i saw that the door lock was open(i always close the doors on my cars) anyways .......shit happens
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2207Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2208Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2209Small.jpg

im taking the shit out right now after i post this.

Cheeseburger
10-28-2006, 09:09 AM
fucking shit A. that sucks! where was this at? was this at ur house or in Modesto? bro that hella sucks. but it could be a good time to change the whole dash and get a new color! fucking thieves maing i tell ya. cant have good shit in ur car with out then fuckers stealing it!!!

mkymonkey
10-28-2006, 09:11 AM
it was in front of his house...i told him to just take everything out and put it in the lxi and purchase a fucking alarm...thats the second time they get his car...fucking sucks

reanimator420
10-28-2006, 09:12 AM
damn that temperd glass wont be cheap either. sorry to hear that messy.

Cheeseburger
10-28-2006, 09:13 AM
yep it would be time to get a alarm, i need to get a new alarm too :(

reanimator420
10-28-2006, 09:15 AM
i wish my car was nice enough to have an alarm

Cheeseburger
10-28-2006, 09:19 AM
lol....... hey thieves sometimes take anything for the hell of it

AlfredoPDX
10-28-2006, 09:23 AM
the clifford two way alarm system is really helpful the pager lets you know if theres impact, broken glass, if someone tilts your car, or messes with the trunk or hood so you can respond properly (Hopefully with a bat) to kindly let someone know not to mess with your car.
its like 300 installed

Pico
10-28-2006, 09:25 AM
That Fvckin sucks :(
Monkey and Cheese are right just get a alarm for now it doesnt have to be anything big but as long as it makes some noise and scares the a-holes away

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 09:29 AM
the clifford two way alarm system is really helpful the pager lets you know if theres impact, broken glass, if someone tilts your car, or messes with the trunk or hood so you can respond properly (Hopefully with a bat) to kindly let someone know not to mess with your car.
its like 300 installed

thanks alfredo...i called a company they told me 240 installed....i may have to sell my intake mani.

AlfredoPDX
10-28-2006, 09:34 AM
yeah i had a scare a couple of months ago hope everything works out messy

Cheeseburger
10-28-2006, 09:35 AM
dam that sucks man. i would just take out that stereo and leve it like that, and save money for the alarm later.

accord89carb
10-28-2006, 09:38 AM
sorry to hear that well we have to be very careful should put alarm well i am a poor person cant afford cd players lol so have original stereo in my car hope thieves wont steel that too ...lol i always park my car on the road :D

Jasonf860
10-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Good people always get the sh1t end of the stick. Sorry your car got busted into Messy, hope it all works itself out! Lucky for me i live directly behind the police station!

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 09:43 AM
dam that sucks man. i would just take out that stereo and leve it like that, and save money for the alarm later.

that is wut i did...took out the deck, wires, amp, sub im taking the rear speakers cuz they are kicker....i also disconected the batt...so if any one trys to take it it wont start.

Civic Accord Honda
10-28-2006, 06:42 PM
DAMN dogg that sucks
i have a alarm hooked up to my horn so if i honk the horn the alarm gos off

A18A
10-28-2006, 07:10 PM
well the good thing is that they didnt get the stereo, but it still sucks that they did that :slap:

bullard123
10-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Man that sucks. Haters! I told u guys someone tried to steal my hatch right?? It was sitting in front of the shop. Must have took them a while to figure out that the car had no engine!! Lol rofl That explains why the hood was popped when I realized what happened.

ICEMAN707
10-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Messy, is that face on your stereo detachable? If so, always get in the habit of detaching the face. Without the face, the unit is useless so thieves won't even bother with it. Also, garage your car if you don't have an alarm. Dark tint and a detachable steering wheel are good alternatives too.

Vector
10-28-2006, 09:46 PM
shit that sucks and i know the feeling all to well, somthing probably spooked them and they took off.

thieves in my area appear to not give a shit about alarms, neither do my neighbors aparently either, it went off for almost 5 min straight, no one called the cops or even bothered to look or inform me. they made away with a us-accoustics 1000watt amp and my deck.

it was nice enough of the person accross tthe street to remind me that my alarm woke them up at 5am.

hotdoghogie
10-28-2006, 09:51 PM
ya man alarms go off it just makes them work faster.... if they see you then run... the pager alarm sounds nice... noise doesnt do anything its the bat u bring out that does

hushlittlelady
10-28-2006, 10:20 PM
People suck. Sorry to hear that :(

ICEMAN707
10-28-2006, 10:32 PM
That's why you put the noise INSIDE the car, not OUTSIDE...trust me, it works. Just make sure you don't accidentally set off the alarm while you're in it though...lol.

forrest89sei
10-28-2006, 10:32 PM
DAMN!!!

i'm sorry to see that messy!

Good luck on the window!

get a alarm and get some fingerprints!

Vector
10-28-2006, 10:36 PM
That's why you put the noise INSIDE the car, not OUTSIDE...trust me, it works. Just make sure you don't accidentally set off the alarm while you're in it though...lol.

yep, it sucked while i was setting it up, i'm not telling where i put it either.

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 10:49 PM
yeah the face was detached.....i found it on my seat...some thing or someone must of spooked them... i got real lucky this time....my Lx-i is geting parked inside from now on until i get an alarm.

RamThis
10-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Holy shit dude, that sucks!!!

I have a good glass for $50 delivered (has to be WELL packed), and I'll even tell you how to install it, it's real simple. Damn thing's just held in with a rubber seal and a few screws.

And even removing the face wont stop them. You can get stereo faces on eBay and other places. Hell, a couple summers ago, my Honda was broken into, (sorta, I found out the hard way the PS rear door power lock doesnt always work) Someone rifled through all my stuff, left the bag of tune up parts strewn across the lawn, and stole the stereo face off the Sony HU that was in the car. $15 bucks later on eBay, I had a new face, with cover, and was back in business.

Just put a good alarm in it.

And to disable my Acura Integra, I unplug a few vital connections and leave the connectors partly engaged so they look fine at a glance. Car will NEVER start no matter what they do. A good start is a switch inline on your coil's 12V lead. No sparky, no stealy. Just hide the switch good!

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Holy shit dude, that sucks!!!
I have a good glass for $50 delivered, and I'll even tell you how to install it, it's real simple. Damn thing's just held in with a rubber seal and a few screws.

yeah....i already got one from Picopops parts car :Owned: ....help would be helpfull tho....it took like 4 ppl to take it off...lol...im going to vacuum tomorrow and install the window...thanks for the offer tho...

forrest89sei
10-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Good luck messy!

and keep that LX-i Safe!

don't need you fat 15's to go missing!

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Good luck messy!
and keep that LX-i Safe!
don't need you fat 15's to go missing!

i got wheel locks on them....thats why i took em off the dx...cuz i didnt have locks on them.... Lx-i is geting an alarm soon....

RamThis
10-28-2006, 11:19 PM
yeah....i already got one from Picopops parts car :Owned: ....help would be helpfull tho....it took like 4 ppl to take it off...lol...im going to vacuum tomorrow and install the window...thanks for the offer tho...

You will need to remove the inner door panel. (I will have to look on my stripped doors and post tomorrow exactly where the bolts are, I cant remember right now)... But you roll down the window all the way, and pull the upper/side window track seal out. Pull back the outer door to body seal from just above the top point of the window and it will reveal two phillips head screws, probably covered with an adhesive film. Just remove the film, and unscrew the two phillips head screws. Once those are out and the bolts holding the bottom of that track are out, the track should come out of the way. Once it's out, the glass and it's triangular seal should pull out of the door pretty easily. You will probably also need to remove the trim/felt from the bottom edge of the window opening to remove the rubber and glass. It' pries off, straight up. Start from the front of the door with a flat tip screwdriver wrapped in a couple protective layers of masking tape, to keep from scratching your paint.

I will look over my donor car doors and get you a few pics tomorrow sometime of the fastener areas and such...

forrest89sei
10-28-2006, 11:19 PM
i got wheel locks on them....thats why i took em off the dx...cuz i didnt have locks on them.... Lx-i is geting an alarm soon....

GOOD!!

At least you will have Keyless entry on your LX-i when you install a alarm?

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 12:21 AM
You will need to remove the inner door panel. (I will have to look on my stripped doors and post tomorrow exactly where the bolts are, I cant remember right now)... But you roll down the window all the way, and pull the upper/side window track seal out. Pull back the outer door to body seal from just above the top point of the window and it will reveal two phillips head screws, probably covered with an adhesive film. Just remove the film, and unscrew the two phillips head screws. Once those are out and the bolts holding the bottom of that track are out, the track should come out of the way. Once it's out, the glass and it's triangular seal should pull out of the door pretty easily. You will probably also need to remove the trim/felt from the bottom edge of the window opening to remove the rubber and glass. It' pries off, straight up. Start from the front of the door with a flat tip screwdriver wrapped in a couple protective layers of masking tape, to keep from scratching your paint.
I will look over my donor car doors and get you a few pics tomorrow sometime of the fastener areas and such...

thanks man. :thumbup:

GOOD!!
At least you will have Keyless entry on your LX-i when you install a alarm?

yeah....so the alarm is not bad at all...its a nice upgrade than a key..lol

frantik
10-29-2006, 12:24 AM
.i already got one from Picopops parts car :Owned:

lol that thing's like the whore of norcal 3geez.. everybody's gotten a piece of her :lol:

MECM
10-29-2006, 12:33 AM
My neighbor got her truck stolen and back luckily.(she is like on her 70's and the truck is in perfect condition). so anyway my dad put a fuel pump disable switch inbetween the seat and the e-brake and she says she has never not used it. lol. I think I would use it everytime to but my alarm does that for me anyway :).

Civic Accord Honda
10-29-2006, 12:35 AM
lol that thing's like the whore of norcal 3geez.. everybody's gotten a piece of her :lol:

no thats messy :wtf:

J/K
this is really not time for fun and game eh

really J/K

Hash_man_Se_i
10-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Holy shit dude, that sucks... Its one thing if they take your shit, but to screw your dash over like that and not even get anything is brutal. And ya a good alarm is a must if you have a stereo, and always detach your faceplate.

By the looks of it, thats an amatuer trying that, they dont even know how to remove an alpine deck. I bet if the faceplate was off, you would have been fine. Still sucks though.

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Holy shit dude, that sucks... Its one thing if they take your shit, but to screw your dash over like that and not even get anything is brutal. And ya a good alarm is a must if you have a stereo, and always detach your faceplate.
By the looks of it, thats an amatuer trying that, they dont even know how to remove an alpine deck. I bet if the faceplate was off, you would have been fine. Still sucks though.

yeah...werid part is last time i left the car unlocked....for 2 days and nothing happen. this time i lock it and they brake the window and try to take out the deck... the car was parked in a somewhat well lit area. yeah i knoe im stupid for not taking off the faceplate....but at least they didnt jack it....i took everthing valuable off the car...its siting at home. the lx-i gets an alarm soon....im thinking of puting the sirren inside the car...to scare the piss shit out of them...lol...hope they dont come back....or else they will meet my sister's softball bat...lol

yup...got the front bumper and now window....oh yeah some screws for my car...LOL....

guaynabo89
10-29-2006, 05:39 AM
sorry to hear about that bro. It looks liek they didnt damage the face at all though which if they didnt its great on your part. But yeah you really should have taken the face off the radio. I usually stay within eyes distance of my car but when its out of site I always take the faceplate off and bring it with me. I mean if you really dont want your face on you you could always take it off the radio put it in your golvebox and lock it. that would have probably kept this incident from happening. Besides by the way it was done it was just some street kids trying to rip you off. With a slim jim and needle nose pliers you can open a car take the radio ut in like a minute or so without damaging a car or bringing attention to yourself.

Beware of punk kids walking around. Half the time teyre up to no good.

speedpenguin
10-29-2006, 08:03 AM
At least the damage is minimal. Sorry to hear that.

ICEMAN707
10-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Here's a good site for high-tech alarms:

http://www.ecarsecurity.com/2_way_paging_car_alarms_s/3.htm

You can always hit up Crutchfield.com too.

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Here's a good site for high-tech alarms:
http://www.ecarsecurity.com/2_way_paging_car_alarms_s/3.htm
You can always hit up Crutchfield.com too.

wow thanks....im thinking of geting an alarm and the windows tinted at the same time...since i knoe the guy who works at a tint place.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-29-2006, 10:46 AM
do you have a window to replace it?

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 11:25 AM
do you have a window to replace it?

yes picopop has a parts car and I took it.

MessyHonda
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2211Small.jpg

woot got it fixed...thank you for helping me. pico, geddy, frantik oh yeah tell your buddy i say thanks pico. :thumbup:

russiankid
11-01-2006, 07:03 PM
That is why i take my faceplate off even on my driveway for the night. Glad you got it fixed!!

cndyapple88lxi
11-02-2006, 12:50 AM
wow thanks....im thinking of geting an alarm and the windows tinted at the same time...since i knoe the guy who works at a tint place.
where is the place of the tint shop. i need to get all my windows tinted.

Cheeseburger
11-02-2006, 03:51 AM
good to hear that u have it fixed now

reanimator420
11-02-2006, 04:22 AM
window looks great and keep up that work. yeah an alarm ftw, there are crazy people out there that smoke crack lol

MessyHonda
11-02-2006, 08:34 AM
where is the place of the tint shop. i need to get all my windows tinted.

im not sure...but he said 80 bucks for like 3 windows....i think he is mobile...il have to take a look and see if its not cheap tint that is going to turn purple over the summer..lol

window looks great and keep up that work. yeah an alarm ftw, there are crazy people out there that smoke crack lol

yeah i might pop in some front door actuators and have keyless entery...i always wanted that. plus it would not be a bad investment....and yeah i bet they wanted to jack my stereo so they could of traded it for crack

Pico
11-03-2006, 01:40 PM
they wanted to jack my stereo so they could of traded it for crack
So you got Cracker Jacked....

Sorry I know bad pun :D

MessyHonda
11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
So you got Cracker Jacked....

Sorry I know bad pun :D

:slap:

Cheeseburger
11-03-2006, 09:43 PM