PDA

View Full Version : New Stereo

russiankid
10-28-2006, 06:01 PM
So i got a Pioneer DEH-4800MP today, just finished the wiring harness and will install tomorrow. Here are some pics.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/russian03rustler/DSCF0009-1.jpg
I also soldered my connections together:)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/russian03rustler/DSCF0012-1.jpg
The little white tubing you see on the wires is heat shrink tubing to cover up the soldering.

Crazybird
10-28-2006, 06:15 PM
i have the 580 and i enjoy it so i hope u enjoy urs

russiankid
10-28-2006, 06:21 PM
i have the 580 and i enjoy it so i hope u enjoy urs
I hopefully will, i guess we'll see tomorrow.

Crazybird
10-28-2006, 06:36 PM
urs is exactly like mine except i have o-gel display and red lights

urs has green and digital display but features are the same

russiankid
10-28-2006, 07:16 PM
urs is exactly like mine except i have o-gel display and red lights
urs has green and digital display but features are the same
Yours cost $50 more:welcome:

Crazybird
10-28-2006, 07:57 PM
actaully mine was on sale and then i got a deal ontop of that and trust me the o gel display is soooo cool lol

Crazybird
10-28-2006, 07:59 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1475.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1474.jpg

mines a primier wich is exactly same as pionieer lol

russiankid
10-28-2006, 08:18 PM
lol..i dont need the O-gel thing, but it surely looks nice in there.

Crazybird
10-28-2006, 08:22 PM
ya its a neat feature i have dolphins on it now and in the second pic it was indy cars racing

ghettogeddy
10-28-2006, 09:36 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1475.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Crazybirdz/DSCF1474.jpg

mines a primier wich is exactly same as pionieer lol

well of course premer is the same thing as pioneer it's a model thing they have pioneer's and pioneer premer's!!!!!!

there just the step above

MessyHonda
10-28-2006, 11:50 PM
nice.....i just got mine installed also...well geddy installed it but i told him too...LOL

ghettogeddy
10-28-2006, 11:51 PM
ya free eq and a blue console cant complane, knowldge for parts cant go wrong

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 12:37 AM
ya free eq and a blue console cant complane, knowldge for parts cant go wrong

i forgot to get the black consol one from you....anyways....hope it works with your deck.....you got to come help me put on my Rear disk breaks...hehe...il pick you up of course since i knoe were you live...:thumbup:

Civic Accord Honda
10-29-2006, 02:42 AM
cool you got the honda eq messy
and russian kid good find :thumbs up: :)
pioner are the bomb but not as good as SONY X-plod

A18A
10-29-2006, 02:52 AM
nvm

Crazybird
10-29-2006, 08:02 AM
lol sony explods blows ass civic accord honda annd they look like crap

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 08:02 AM
nvm

i think i knoe wut you wanted to say....cough cough....sony x-plode suck cough cough.....pioneers are one of the top end deck...like eclipes, alpine,kenwood, panasonic. sony are just named branded decks.

ghettogeddy
10-29-2006, 10:04 AM
i think i knoe wut you wanted to say....cough cough....sony x-plode suck cough cough.....pioneers are one of the top end deck...like eclipes, alpine,kenwood, panasonic. sony are just named branded decks.
but i do like there subs only the high end ones and there high end amps but anyhting tthey make that is affordable sucks

oh and cah i have the Eq messy gave it to me for doing his deck and his amp bu thats another day

2ndGenGuy
10-29-2006, 10:31 AM
If you're looking for an inexpensive deck, the newer Sony X-plode stuff is great for the price. I put the $100 MP3 deck in my dad's Civic, with a set of Infinity speakers. Sounds great for cheap. And it's a very traditional-looking deck. Not all red with futuristing spacey crap going on on it. Though thier older X-plode stuff was pretty gimickey looking.

Russiankid: Good choice on the deck... and good job soldering those wires together with the shrink tubing. WAY better than using quick crimps on those wires. They will never fall apart, or get lose connections.

Cheeseburger
10-29-2006, 10:40 AM
looks good lil bro! put that fool on the car!

russiankid
10-29-2006, 12:47 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/russian03rustler/DSCF0017.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/russian03rustler/DSCF0016-1.jpg

Cheeseburger
10-29-2006, 12:49 PM
looks good! what did u have on before? stock radio?

russiankid
10-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks, before there was a Kenwood, i forgot the model, but the faceplate would flip inside out when you turn the ignition off, so looks like there is no faceplate. It had pretty much had no options that i liked, so had to get something.

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
wow does it sound way better now? i like mine but i cant control crap on it...it was top of the line like 5 years ago....it has a super tuner? so if i only like rock station that is the only stations that get programed in.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
10-29-2006, 03:23 PM
looks good! what did u have on before? stock radio?

I had a Kenwood KDC-9015 in there. Originally a pretty expensive HU (about 5 years ago I guess). Like russiankid mentioned, it would flip the faceplate over when you shut the car off. Nice anti-theft feature, but the face plate dimensions aren't quite a full DIN size as a result, so it requires some fiddling to fit into regular DIN openings. Just my $.02

jonrichert
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM
If you're looking for an inexpensive deck, the newer Sony X-plode stuff is great for the price. I put the $100 MP3 deck in my dad's Civic, with a set of Infinity speakers. Sounds great for cheap. And it's a very traditional-looking deck. Not all red with futuristing spacey crap going on on it. Though thier older X-plode stuff was pretty gimickey looking.

I agree, I just put a new sony mp3 deck in my car and I'm quite impressed...and that's coming from a former sony-hater/alpine whore haha
(the price was right, and i dig how it's got the front aux input)

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 03:49 PM
I agree, I just put a new sony mp3 deck in my car and I'm quite impressed...and that's coming from a former sony-hater/alpine whore haha
(the price was right, and i dig how it's got the front aux input)

yeah my friend picked up a 100 buck sony deck....put it on his explorer that already had the premium speakers....sounds good i guess i would only do it if you just wanted soemthing alright....but i got to give props to russiankid....he is a wise guy and got a good deck to start with and wont be slowed if he want to upgrade to subs and other amps later on down the road.

russiankid
10-29-2006, 03:51 PM
wow does it sound way better now? i like mine but i cant control crap on it...it was top of the line like 5 years ago....it has a super tuner? so if i only like rock station that is the only stations that get programed in.
It sounds way better, i love it. I actually get to drive now:)

russiankid
10-29-2006, 03:53 PM
yeah my friend picked up a 100 buck sony deck....put it on his explorer that already had the premium speakers....sounds good i guess i would only do it if you just wanted soemthing alright....but i got to give props to russiankid....he is a wise guy and got a good deck to start with and wont be slowed if he want to upgrade to subs and other amps later on down the road.
Thanks for the complement, but im not going to get a sub or amp. Everyone around here puts sub's and crap into there cars when they first get them, i personally dont see the point in subs unless your car is a show car. I mean yes if you get a good system going it will sound good, but i dont have money to do that.

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
It sounds way better, i love it. I actually get to drive now:)

congrats:thumbup:

Thanks for the complement, but im not going to get a sub or amp. Everyone around here puts sub's and crap into there cars when they first get them, i personally dont see the point in subs unless your car is a show car. I mean yes if you get a good system going it will sound good, but i dont have money to do that.

dont do it....they tired to steal my cheap 10 inch sub...and amp....unless you live in a good neighborhood and have a good alarm system....il put my stuff in later after i get everthing upgrade to a alarm. maybe better deckdown the road like yours.hehe

ghettogeddy
10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
by all means show car systems normally sound like shit pure crap ola unless itsused for sound comps as well but then it would be show quality long story short if u like good music and your ears like a little extar umphhhhh then install a sub bu if u like the sound of 4 door speaker and all u listin to is am then by all means leave it be lol

russiankid
10-29-2006, 04:23 PM
by all means show car systems normally sound like shit pure crap ola unless itsused for sound comps as well but then it would be show quality long story short if u like good music and your ears like a little extar umphhhhh then install a sub bu if u like the sound of 4 door speaker and all u listin to is am then by all means leave it be lol
Well my brother upgraded the speakers, and it gives me enough thumph when i need it. Everyone has there own taste like you mentioned.

Civic Accord Honda
10-29-2006, 08:38 PM
sonys dont suck and thay look hot but alpine is good also

and dude a eclipes is a cool car not radio unless you meen you like stock mitsu radios:Owned::huh:

ghettogeddy
10-29-2006, 08:48 PM
sonys dont suck and thay look hot but alpine is good also
and dude a eclipes is a cool car not radio unless you meen you like stock mitsu radios:Owned::huh:
take your ass back to school do some research befor talking seriously eclipse is one of the best car audio brands:Owned:

http://www.eclipse-web.com/

MessyHonda
10-29-2006, 08:54 PM
lol CAH got :owned: by geddy...:thumbup:.....he did not know wut a eclipse was...lol

Civic Accord Honda
10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
take your ass back to school do some research befor talking seriously eclipse is one of the best car audio brands:Owned:

http://www.eclipse-web.com/

^:werd:

this one is hot
http://i20.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/6b/9e/b9_1.JPG
i like the old school radios when that where black and orange leds

Listen2myBASS
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
eclipse suck, there amps cant handled what theyre suppose to and the subs have weird bass...

Listen2myBASS
10-30-2006, 01:40 PM
well of course premer is the same thing as pioneer it's a model thing they have pioneer's and pioneer premer's!!!!!!

there just the step above

lmfao dam kids and there lack of knowledge... :bandance:

Crazybird
10-30-2006, 02:14 PM
omg if i get another car id like to see what that cd7000 is like cause it seems crazy awesome

anyone know how much it is..... prolly alott

MessyHonda
10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
omg if i get another car id like to see what that cd7000 is like cause it seems crazy awesome

anyone know how much it is..... prolly alott

yup 700 bucks...cheapest i found it was 549...but it was used.

ghettogeddy
10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
eclipse suck, there amps cant handled what theyre suppose to and the subs have weird bass...
then eather they were knock off or some cheap ass miss used ones everyone that i know that had th emoney to buy eclipse has never had a prob what so ever other then reinstalling there decks into other cars and they couldent find there install cd