PDA

View Full Version : Tinted my Reflectors, Indicator Covers and Side Markers today

gr3k0sLaV
05-07-2002, 05:23 AM
bought a $14 can of tint spray, and went to work.

I like it, however this photo isn't the actually photo of the tint.
It's a photochop of it, however it is practically identical to the real thing....actually indistinguishable

http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~christsorotes/Tinted.jpg

carotman
05-07-2002, 05:27 AM
gives a nice look!!!

gr3k0sLaV
05-07-2002, 06:36 AM
I was kinda worried that I darkened the orange indicator covers too much, however they show pretty well. I did 2 coats on the outside and inside.

With the head light reflectors, I done at least 6 coats, I fucked up one reflector initally, after a couple of coats, I tried to clean it and it smudged and dried up....really looked back. So i had to do several coats just to cover up the problem.

Then today I got bored, and I decided that the side markers and indicators, werne't tinted and made everything not match right.

So I tinted them, I put a darker tint of the clear part and lighter tint on the indicator orange part. I used 3 coats, which surprisngly darkened it more than I thought. It matches pretty well, and Im happy with it. Next up will be to redo my H badge in dark gold.

In real life the tints dont look as dark, they are a little bit shinier, however I want to make them a little more shinier.

Any suggestions on what sort of stuff I can spray on to accomplish that?

I am debating whether or not to tint the taillights. I might get a replacement set, before I do that.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-07-2002, 07:29 AM
do it man! it'll look tight :D That is something I am going to do soon

gr3k0sLaV
05-07-2002, 07:42 AM
I need to think before I do it...ill photoshop it and see.

PS is a life saver, it allowed me to at least decided whether or not i'd like the tint before i'd done it.

I just redone my bumper so it was black..UGH!

Cheapens the whole car, sorry to those who's done it. But it just made my car look really cheap. It's personal taste.

Then again it looks better on some cars than it does on others.

I d efinately want to do my H's soon

vtecpleasure
05-07-2002, 08:43 AM
the black bumper is stock on the ex, however, some people like black more than the car color. presonally opinion.