PDA

View Full Version : front knuckles se-i.

Vector
10-30-2006, 10:23 AM
i had bought an 89 SE-i few days ago, heres my problem.

car was stolen and hit a curb.

needing to replace rear engine subframe/ps rack and passenger side knuckle/uca-lca/balljoint/tierod end. i have al lthe parts out that need to be changed.

it is unclear to me or i cant read, that you need se-i/lx-i knuckles in order to have bigger front brakes. now i need to replace one side but all i have access to are EX-i's all years, do these come with larger front disks brakes as well? or am i screwed.

MessyHonda
10-30-2006, 10:27 AM
the 88-89 have the bigger breaks...the rotor is like 10 inch you can tell the diff. hope it works out for you

Vector
10-30-2006, 10:33 AM
thanks dude, my coworker has a 88 exi, i will measure his disks, if they will infact work that would be sweet. everytime i have a sweet find, there is always somthing to stop me from completing my task. i hope, really really really hope they work.

i will post pics when it is done.

Vector
10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
comparing part numbers to the ex-i, that sucks ass, they wont work.:rant:

Vector
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
sounds like a plan, i will give wyatt auto parts a call

2ndGenGuy
10-30-2006, 01:35 PM
I thought that the EX-i was the Canadian equivalent to the LX-i ?

2oodoor
10-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Part numbers don't always mean everything!

If it's too much of a hassle, why not look up the parts at a US store/yard near you?
you got that exactley right, you have to trail by error and less errors less work. experience is not artificial intellegence , neither is sharing ideas

measure three times, bolt, nail, weld one time aye
If you used both sides I dont see why not unless there is big difference in the unibody/engine subframe. Sometimes the manufactor won't tool up to change the jigs on the same unibody with just diff sheetmetal and grade of performance suspension parts. meaning you have alot of interchangability that parts books will not acknowledge ,neither will junk yard attedants, just other honda acura entheusist or whatever kind of car your working on.

Vector
10-30-2006, 06:56 PM
I thought that the EX-i was the Canadian equivalent to the LX-i ?

thats funny you should ask because i was just gonna ask the same thing.

i called my parts guy to who has catalogs up the ass for these cars and the only ones he list are lx/dx/lxi/se-i.....so wtf.

considering that like every 3rd 3g in this area is a ex-i, i figured they would have this model listed.

i measured some rotors off a 88 ex-i(while the wheel was on and it looks to be around 10", so I'm kinda have to assume that they will work if i get them unless someone else can tell me that.

I've only seen 1-2 lx-i's in kelowna and they were hatches. so i guess the sedan ex-i is the same as lx-i?

Google doesn't turn up shit, somehow I'm kinda surprised at that.

and yes, when i goto change it i will be pulling the whole rear engine sub frame with knuckles attached, ps rack everything attached to the knuckles providing all the joints are good. Just alot of shit to go through if the breaks don't fit.

ghettogeddy
10-30-2006, 07:01 PM
i think the only dif in sei and lxi was the rear disk i dont think the front changed at all of everyone would be doing sei front swaps lol

Vector
10-30-2006, 07:05 PM
well, at this point I'm just going to assume that a 88-89 ex-i will do, and get the stuff asap.

ghettogeddy
10-30-2006, 07:07 PM
lol
thats the only thing i can think of
http://www.buybrakes.com/brembo/am-apps-Honda.html

it syas here that there the same

ghettogeddy
10-30-2006, 07:09 PM
and the 88-90 se/si preluds

Vector
10-30-2006, 07:11 PM
lol
thats the only thing i can think of
http://www.buybrakes.com/brembo/am-apps-Honda.html

it syas here that there the same

they dont list an ex-i. my parts guy was able to confirm that the 88-89 lxi was the same as the 89sei but he couldnt tell me if the 88-89 exi were, but thats ok i'm sure they will fit.

EDIT: BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.altrom.com/cdn/partscatalog/partsDetails.aspx?CarMakeCode=HONDA&CarMakeName=HONDA&CarModel=AC051&CarModelName=ACCORD+2DR+COUPE&CarComp=BRAKES%20-%20FRONT&CarCompValue=1600

i wonder if they actually do sell the calipers, because of they do, then thats cool. and the prices arent bad either.

kinda weird how they dont list a DX LOL....