PDA

View Full Version : other headrs that will fit?

lostforawhile
10-30-2006, 04:40 PM
has anybody else had any luck with other headers that will fit on the head? I was looking through the flowtec catalog and they are showing a first generation teg header that looks identical to the 89 lxi pattern and downpipe. only difference is that there are provisions for only one o2 sensor,but that could be fixed. same three on top four on bottom stud pattern. I wanted to compare a gasket to an old manifold i had here,but they didn't have a 90 teg manifold gasket in stock. anybody else ever thought of this?

ICEMAN707
10-30-2006, 04:52 PM
I've never seen any other 4cyl header out there that would fit the A20. The other Hondas have the flanges equally spread apart whereas the A20 has the two inner flanges close together:

other hondas ~> O O O O
A20 ~> O OO O

MessyHonda
10-30-2006, 05:28 PM
A20A1 had to rework his F22 header...one of the closest one....i knoe you are carb...get some Lx-i headers...4-2-1 set up. make sure its from the 88-89

A20A1
02-14-2007, 03:06 AM
has anybody else had any luck with other headers that will fit on the head? I was looking through the flowtec catalog and they are showing a first generation teg header that looks identical to the 89 lxi pattern and downpipe. only difference is that there are provisions for only one o2 sensor,but that could be fixed. same three on top four on bottom stud pattern. I wanted to compare a gasket to an old manifold i had here,but they didn't have a 90 teg manifold gasket in stock. anybody else ever thought of this?

Well I went searching for 90 flowtech headers... I thought that was the 2nd gen integra? Anyways I can't find any other engine that isn't spaced out evenly... I don't think the image you saw was for the right vehicle.

90-93
Hedman
FlowTech
DC Sports
Pacesetter

86-89
DC Sports
Pacesetter

they all have O O O O spacing

I still think the easiest ones to work with is the F22B and F23A series.

A SERIES (_) (_)(_) (_)
F SERIES (__) (__)(__) (__)
' SERIES (__) (__) (__) (__)

The other option I see is a adapter flange with the 15 degree tilt built into it, then you can hopefully bolt up the F series header with no mods. I would think the exhaust flow would have some fun though going from a vertical oval to a much larger horizontal one.
Even with all that working for you you still wont have EGR or AS pipe fittings.

A20A1 had to rework his F22 header...one of the closest one....i knoe you are carb...get some Lx-i headers...4-2-1 set up. make sure its from the 88-89
I would coat a pacesetter, it's at least better then a cast manifold, plus you drop the extra weight.

2oodoor
02-14-2007, 04:14 AM
I thought early Integras were D series dohc

I think Lostforawhile bought the DC carbed header that was for sale last month on the forum. rare piece.

good info all the same
On mine, I cut the fitting 'bolts' off both pipes and placed a washer with a bolt in the open center and welded it all together to make a plug.

MessyHonda
02-14-2007, 09:28 AM
you forgot about the SS headers for the A20

2oodoor
02-14-2007, 09:44 AM
you forgot about the SS headers for the A20
seeing how he is the one who did the work on the header thread originally, I doubt it.

A20A1 was listing currentley available headers (new) I believe

MessyHonda
02-14-2007, 09:50 AM
seeing how he is the one who did the work on the header thread originally, I doubt it.

well you cant get brand new DC headers...you should know you had to buy them used for the price of a new set.

shepherd79
02-14-2007, 11:10 AM

you can get DC anymore and SS are still available.

2oodoor
02-14-2007, 11:20 AM
you can get DC anymore and SS are still available.
I respectfully retract my statement, IF I was mistaken.
I had no idea SS was still available, I looked for that one when I was in the market for a header a few months ago and was informed they did not still make them for A20. I went to the S&S website linked from the header thread. Also did a search, with no luck, beleive me I really wanted an S&S they look awesome.
I believe there are still DC headers available NEW from old stock. I did find those but wound up buying a used one. I realize they are not making those either.

BITESIZE
02-14-2007, 11:25 AM
You know, I've had my ceramic coated pacesetter for 3 years and it has been a damn good header IMO.

A20A1
02-14-2007, 11:29 AM
What are you guys talking about? I already know about S&S, look at the title of the thread, this was a question about other hondas swapping over to the A20, not headers for the A20. The headers I listed for the integra were just headers I happen to see when searching for flowtech, but again they all are equally spaced, which is why I shifted the conversation back to F series instead of D or B series headers.

2oodoor
02-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Oh, sorry. I was thrown off by your list with the "( )" pictures where it says 86-89.
You are saying the best headers you can buy currently to make fit the A20 by cutting and using A20 flanges ?

im just gonna shut up and go back to coloring:Owned: