PDA

View Full Version : Civic Rear struts

Jasonf860
10-31-2006, 04:27 AM
Ok, I did a whole bunch of searching.... Here are my questions:

Once installed, are the spring perch heights the same as the accord? What I mean is, do these provide a huge drop with the factory civic springs or will I need to use a drop spring to get teh desired drop I want. I realize that these are much shorter than the Accord ones, but is it overall length and the perch is the same height, or is it the overall length and the perch also sits lower? Basically, what I'd like to know is if I put civic struts in the rear and some Tokico's in the front, both with my new Sprint 2.25" drop springs, will the rear be lower than the front?

Jasonf860
10-31-2006, 06:16 AM
Wow... no one knows?

Legend_master
10-31-2006, 07:35 AM
yes the rear will definitely sit lower then the front.

Jasonf860
10-31-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok, so basically, I'd need stock Civic springs in the rear with my drop springs up front to get a closer ride height?

Legend_master
10-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Ok, so basically, I'd need stock Civic springs in the rear with my drop springs up front to get a closer ride height?

No, you need to get coilovers to adjust all four corners to the proper height.

Jasonf860
10-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Ah, I see. I have coilovers on the car now and they suck. I can't stand them and that is the reason why I'm changing my suspension yet again. It's at the ride height i want, and the handling is pretty good, but the ride just sucks.