PDA

View Full Version : Digital Dash Help

AccordB20A
10-31-2006, 02:51 PM
im installing my digital dash (in the process of it) just wondering a few things so i dont cut the wrong wires. where is the control box located. i was to,d there is a computer box thing for it somewhere is it under the dash somewhere by the heater? there seems to be a fatload of wires heading that way/

any help installing this would be appriciated. oi have the other car it came out of so i have all the partsto make it work. is there a howto somwhere or manuakl about the digi dash.. if so i wanna see it.. thankythank in advance and excuse the spelling as im in a hury :)

shepherd79
10-31-2006, 04:52 PM
why don't you just replace all the dash wires.
this way you don't have to cut anything.

AccordB20A
10-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Climate control is installed in my cvar and working. its part of the dash wiring loom so somehow i am going to have to moild them together. i jst wanna know where the contreol box is so i dnt leave it behind

REn0
10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Hmm i'd like to see how this turns out

GrafKröte
10-05-2014, 02:06 PM
I think, I'll abuse this thread for my problem, rather than starting a new one.

I did my magic on senna89's Accord and installed a digi dash. As starting point I had the digi dash with plugs and pigtails and apart from that a cutted loom. With the wiring diagrams I worked my way through this mess and separeted the wiring that exits the control box from the rest of the raped loom, repinned the original connectors at the back of the cluster and soldered the cut wires back together. Now I'm ready and everything works fine - except for the display backlight.
I now have two questions.
On the control box there was a seconds little yellow plug, which I couldn't find in any of the wiring diagrams. Where does it belong to?
In between all these junked up wires there was a little black box, "IllumiController" or something like that was written on it. This one isn't shown in the wiring diagrams either. Is this not installed box maybe the reason for the not working display lights?

j3wman
10-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Whats the digital dash out of?

GrafKröte
10-07-2014, 10:36 AM
It's an original Accord digital dash. It was taken from a CA-Accord with climate control and automatic transmission.

AccordB20A
10-17-2014, 09:41 PM
did you sort this out?

GrafKröte
10-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Dearly not... I forgot to wire the heater curcuit, but after I did neither of both worked... Not the back light and not the LCD anymore. Before you could see the LCD working, but now you can't anymore.

I changed the dimming switch as well, changed the illumi-controler. Nothing helped.
But I didn't found out where the little yellow plug ontop of the big one on the control unit is for.

To bad we only had this f***ed up loom to work with :argue: