PDA

View Full Version : 84 Emblem...

Rockcord
11-02-2006, 03:33 PM
my damn front-end emblem broke and I have no idea where I can find another one.....

lostforawhile
11-02-2006, 04:09 PM
were 84 and 85 the same? if they were I think I can help you,won't be until next week before i can get out there though,hey is yours a manual? I have the 85 pac man orange logos shift knob from an 85,want it?

2ndGenGuy
11-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Did you try the Honda dealer? They might still have some old stock hanging around. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore, but usually they've got a bunch of stock of things like that... I picked one up for my car a few years ago.

Yeah the 84 and 85 were exactly the same. The shift knob you're describing is from the Hatchback. The hatches got orange lettering and illumination on everything. I guess the hatches were sportier, so needed sportier gauges.

lostforawhile
11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Did you try the Honda dealer? They might still have some old stock hanging around. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore, but usually they've got a bunch of stock of things like that... I picked one up for my car a few years ago.

Yeah the 84 and 85 were exactly the same. The shift knob you're describing is from the Hatchback. The hatches got orange lettering and illumination on everything. I guess the hatches were sportier, so needed sportier gauges.well if SOMEONE wants it,it is a hatch they've got,no drivetrain,but some body stuff. I forgot to mention try ebay,I looked up honda emblems and there were piles of N.O.S. new old stock ones,every kind of honda badge new and used was there. most of them cheap too.

MessyHonda
11-02-2006, 08:01 PM
they junkyard...but i would rather get a new one like lostforawhile said..ebay...

offthahook
11-02-2006, 08:28 PM
3 and 4 door versions might use different H logos in front. The 3 doors have the H attach to the painted header panel. Looks like the sedan has an H in the grill area. Lostforawhile, do you know if the junker HB is an LX trim or not?

Rockcord
11-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Ill try Pick-A-Part, a custom shifter is on my to-do list, but not on the price list yet, im gettin a new upgraded muffler soon, then a shifter... but My dad mentioned taking the car back when I'm done... so I think Im gonna shop for a n 86 acc

2ndGenGuy
11-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Ill try Pick-A-Part, a custom shifter is on my to-do list, but not on the price list yet, im gettin a new upgraded muffler soon, then a shifter... but My dad mentioned taking the car back when I'm done... so I think Im gonna shop for a n 86 acc

Boo! I don't wanna get flamed, but don't get an '86 Accord! Sure, they're styled better, handle better, are faster, and are put together better, and are more reliable and get better gas mileage, and are more comfortable... okay, maybe if your dad takes the 84 back... but hang on to that 84 if you can!! Who am I supposed to BS with locally if you get rid of it? :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Rockcord
11-04-2006, 04:31 AM
I would like to keep the 84, but he wants it back when I can get a new car... so I can't really tell him no... but I fixed the emblem problem, but I cheated, saw an 85 that was all 'mexied' out, so I thought that they didnt deserve it anymore

MessyHonda
11-04-2006, 09:33 AM

if you are going to go for a 3rd gen accord at least get a 89 lx-i 5 speed.....im happy with mine.

offthahook
11-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I would like to keep the 84, but he wants it back when I can get a new car... so I can't really tell him no... but I fixed the emblem problem, but I cheated, saw an 85 that was all 'mexied' out, so I thought that they didnt deserve it anymore

So you stole the emblem off the messican's car? Man, that's not cool. I'm sure the owner didn't appreciate his old Honda like a lot of us do, but not cool to just jack anything from another car. I know they may never even notice or care, but still not cool. Now, if it were abandoned at a salvage yard or something, then it's on. Trust me, there are quite a few Civics and Accords out here with yellow mirrors, HomeDepot bodykits, no muffler, and tape holding the window glass in place. I have never felt like I deserved any of their parts! I'd love to have the whole damn car sometimes, but I wouldn't just rip something while they were parked.

2ndGenGuy
11-04-2006, 11:11 AM

Yeah that's kinda lame. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think that an 84 Accord is lame and are fine with opening their doors into it and parking right on top of it just because its some old ass Honda. Just because you think the car is 'mexied' out and lame, doesn't mean that guy doesn't. Maybe he loves the car as much as we love ours. Even if it is ugly in your opinion or whatever. Just makes it that much uglier when people do that stuff, and discourages them from trying to keep it nice.

lostforawhile
11-04-2006, 01:52 PM
3 and 4 door versions might use different H logos in front. The 3 doors have the H attach to the painted header panel. Looks like the sedan has an H in the grill area. Lostforawhile, do you know if the junker HB is an LX trim or not?I think it's a dx but am not sure

lostforawhile
11-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I would like to keep the 84, but he wants it back when I can get a new car... so I can't really tell him no... but I fixed the emblem problem, but I cheated, saw an 85 that was all 'mexied' out, so I thought that they didnt deserve it anymorethats just rotten what if you had fixed up your car and some idiot stole a part off of it? come to think of it,someone stole the H off of civic accords honda,are you sure it wasn't his?

Ichiban
11-04-2006, 02:20 PM
...you got the emblem, didn't you?

Rockcord
11-04-2006, 03:17 PM
ok ok ok, I got it... I went back, and found the car, he must work there... I'll just fix mine back... All is repaired and I'm sorry for disgracing you

Civic Accord Honda
11-04-2006, 03:23 PM
it was a 88 and its mine:thumbdn::slap:

Rockcord
11-05-2006, 12:44 AM
were 84 and 85 the same? if they were I think I can help you,won't be until next week before i can get out there though,hey is yours a manual? I have the 85 pac man orange logos shift knob from an 85,want it?

I would like to see if that pac-man shifter would fit if you are trying to get rid of it... sounds sweet!

lostforawhile
11-05-2006, 07:16 AM
I would like to see if that pac-man shifter would fit if you are trying to get rid of it... sounds sweet!
already taken,I will watch for another one for you though