PDA

View Full Version : Krome Interior (pics)

1989se-i
09-01-2002, 08:10 AM
Has anyone painted anything in the interior chrome?
I was thinking about painting the little vents on the doors (dont know wha theyre called) and i was thinking about painting the vinyl thing that goes ontop of the instrument panel (also dont know what this is called)
Here are some pics of these things, in case you have know idea what im talking about: :p

http://www.geocities.com/icaruscode/vent.txt
http://www.geocities.com/icaruscode/hood.txt

doug
09-01-2002, 08:38 AM
good luck, i'd think the reflection glare would make you blind, but that may just be me.

1989se-i
09-01-2002, 09:22 AM
I think im gonna paint the vents but not the other thing. Thats a little too bold for me.:flash:

89AccordNate
09-01-2002, 10:33 AM
I wouldnt go for it. Chrome isnt exactly the best color in the world to begin with. Also, when you drive down the road the reflection from the chrome gauge surround is going to reflect off of your window on the inside. So you end up looking at a chrome reflection wherever you drive. I did some of my dash in flames out of silver vinyl and it reflects onto the window pretty hard sometimes. It takes a lot of getting used to. Also, that part of the dash receives A LOT of sun light. So if the paint cant take the heat, then its going to look really bad over time.

Nate.

1989se-i
09-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Would the vents look good black? Maybe white? Im itchin to paint sumthin :p

dXsquared
09-01-2002, 11:06 AM
before i got rid of the accord i painted my vents( dash and doors) white. it looked real good cuz i had white wheels and white carpet and blue interior. those colors go togeter.... i dunno bout the brown tho. i guess white would be good.
Travis

HondaBoy
09-01-2002, 01:10 PM
ok so u say u want to do some interior custom work. well the best color i would have to say is white cuz it basicly cleans up the look of the inside . i was going to do the interior of my car in white but i just havent gotn to it yet . go for the white look

Coroncho80
09-01-2002, 01:27 PM
I was thinking of doing the samething to my SEi but I'm not really sure now. As all you know I have leather interior on it and I don't know if it would look good after i painted some vents and stuff, since the leather gives it that classi look. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks like that. But if i decide to paint something, it would probably be red.

87accordlx
09-01-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
I was thinking of doing the samething to my SEi but I'm not really sure now. As all you know I have leather interior

yeah yeah rub it in ;)

Coroncho80
09-01-2002, 05:16 PM
lol :lol

3rdGenMartyr
09-01-2002, 08:11 PM
I thought about painting the hell out of my interior, but im very fond of the burgandy/brown interior with the black, ill probably just paint the defrost vents on the doors, itll look sweet

1989se-i
09-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Well i did it. I painted the vent dealies white. It actually looks great. especially with my neon lights on :p
ill post some pics in the mornin

toastyghost
09-01-2002, 08:41 PM
I did trim pieces chrome and I would not advise you to do the entire interior that color. I get a little reflection on the plastic window thingie in front of the gauges because I painted the vents and the instrument thing below the gauge pod chrome. And there is also some glare on the bottom of the windshield on the driver's side from where I chromed that little thing you have to pop out to take the pod mounting screws out. Nothing else really causes reflections so much because nothing else is high enough to get direct sunlight on it to get really shiny. If you don't mind driving around with papers or coins sitting on the dash then the chrome probably won't bother you, as long as you do it sparingly.

Honda88LXiBoy
09-02-2002, 03:58 PM
where do you get interior paint at?

1989se-i
09-02-2002, 04:45 PM
Autozone:)

89AccordLXI666
03-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Ok Quick question..... How in the world you take the center vents out to paint them, or is there any other way around it... because I want to paint the outter trim of the center vents and the one on the drivers and passengers side too... N E 1 got suggestions or experience on this part, drop me a line and let me know... Because I am planning on doin this soon... The door handle plastic trim inside is easy to take off just one screw and boom its out and ready to paint, but the vents I need some advice about that one... Thanks. Lataz

Andrew
03-30-2004, 09:18 PM
I've painted most of the plastic in my car silver (used hubcap paint, it's designed for plastic), click on my Cardomaine wwebsite below to see a PIC

I had a how-to on my page for awhile but I accidentally deleted it. If I remember correctly I removed the cover over the guage cluster and then pried the center console out from the bottom. There are spring clips of some kind holding it in.

89AccordLXI666
03-31-2004, 07:28 PM
What for the center vents? Because I really need to know how to take them out so I can paint them asap. Thanks guys. Lataz

soljaboy2000
03-31-2004, 10:03 PM
I painted my whole interior (except for seats and the carpet) black and chrome. My front speaker grills, all vents including the door ones and the top part that covers the speedo is chrome everthing else is high gloss black and its sweet in the sunlight. Mines doesn't reflect that much but I dont even notice it. I'll put pics real soon.

soljaboy2000
03-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Oh I just removed my whole dash and all to paint it. :):)