PDA

View Full Version : Doing Auto-Manual Conversion soon.

DDRaptor
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
As the title states i'm gonna try to pick up a tranny of ebay for $100, but i really need to find someone closeby in the tri-state area or any shops that you guys can vouch for cause i really don't have the skills to convert it.

THanks alot.

BITESIZE
11-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Good luck, let me know if you have questions. :)

forrest89sei
11-02-2006, 11:47 PM
As the title states i'm gonna try to pick up a tranny of ebay for $100, but i really need to find someone closeby in the tri-state area or any shops that you guys can vouch for cause i really don't have the skills to convert it.
THanks alot.

You need to find a good car friendly friend, unless your willing to cough up around $1,200-1,500 just for the conversion using a unknown history$100 Ebay Tranny

AccordEpicenter
11-03-2006, 01:01 PM
its really not that hard as swaps go but is gonna take some time. Installing the pedals was the biggest bitch for me

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Theres more parts to doing a swap then just the tranny. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102 . I did the swap and it took like 2.5 days, it could have been done faster but i ran into a few problems. I did mine for just under $500, if you get a shop to do it you will be spending a lot more then that.

AccordB20A
11-03-2006, 03:48 PM
u can sell a series engine gearboxes for 100 FUCK i have 93459 of them that im gunna scrap cause theres no demand here. but yeah i found the clutch pedal install the bitchyest bit when i did mine. i ended up getting a longer pedal box bolt and added the clutch pedal on the end and cut the large auto brake pedal in half with a hacksaw and stuck a "ricer racing pedal" over it. took me a week to do mine working on it after work here and there when i cood be bothered.

HostileJava
11-03-2006, 04:25 PM
When you say tristate area do you mean NY/NJ/PA? I dunno how close you are to LiTtLe xOx BitT and I but we've both done the swap, and I'd be willing to help out when I can, although it's getting kind of cold out now.

shepherd79
11-03-2006, 05:49 PM
if you don't have the skills, why are you swaping the trannies?
It is going to cost you a lot of money if you let some shop do it for you.
plus lets not forget, the pedals, the shift linkage, clutch cable, and most important electrical.

DDRaptor
11-09-2006, 02:38 PM
i'm not doing it. I'm asking if anyone is close enough to do it. and i did read that i need quite a few parts to do the swap i just did'nt fell like relisting all those parts.

MessyHonda
11-09-2006, 02:45 PM
i'm not doing it. I'm asking if anyone is close enough to do it. and i did read that i need quite a few parts to do the swap i just did'nt fell like relisting all those parts.

like i did with my car.....i didnt want to spend the money or time to i got myself a Lx-i that is manual and i love the hell out of it.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
11-09-2006, 03:52 PM
if you don't have the skills, why are you swaping the trannies?
It is going to cost you a lot of money if you let some shop do it for you.
plus lets not forget, the pedals, the shift linkage, clutch cable, and most important electrical.
The starter bracket is also different, i had to take the bracket off the manual tranny and put it on the starter from the automatic. I dont think thats in the parts list. I would get the tranny and rebild it and save up for new parts like driverside axel, clutch cable, clutch and flywheel. If your going to do the swap you should do it as best you can with the best parts. I did mine for a little under $500 and thats with new parts. Like hostile said im in PA also ould be able to help out .

shepherd79
11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
you still didn't tell us what state you live.
If you live near me, i can do it for a small fee.

MessyHonda
11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
he is in NY i think