PDA

View Full Version : bad times with cold air intake

alboy86
11-03-2006, 09:41 PM
it all started out with me driving down the 5 north headin home when i started to hear this werid rubbing noise coming from the tire i thought i was getting a flat tire. So as im getting over i feel a bump and look behind me to see part of my intake and filter fly off and into the middle of traffic sucks for who ever was behind me lol. so i pull over and check the damage the the plastic sheilding that goes into the wheel wheel was all fubared from rubing the wheel. si long story short the fact that a mabe the intake myself and didnt tighten the bolt that holds it to the upper part of the intake and the other fact that i removed the little plastic peice in front of the bumper so a crap load of air went in and pushed the filter through the bottom causeing it to rub oon the tire once the hole was big enough it said see ya. LOL sucked but all i could do was laugh :Owned:

Civic Accord Honda
11-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Duck tape fixes everything

it all started out with me driving down the 5 north headin home when i started to hear this werid rubbing noise coming from the tire i thought i was getting a flat tire. So as im getting over i feel a bump and look behind me to see part of my intake and filter fly off and into the middle of traffic sucks for who ever was behind me lol. so i pull over and check the damage the the plastic sheilding that goes into the wheel wheel was all fubared from rubing the wheel. si long story short the fact that a mabe the intake myself and didnt tighten the bolt that holds it to the upper part of the intake and the other fact that i removed the little plastic peice in front of the bumper so a crap load of air went in and pushed the filter through the bottom causeing it to rub oon the tire once the hole was big enough it said see ya. LOL sucked but all i could do was laugh
now do what your sig says LOL

alboy86
11-03-2006, 09:50 PM
lol ya wish i could but part of my intake is some where on the 5 north never did find it lol i bet it landed in some guys truck bed and when he got home was like score a free smoshed k&n filter and a plastic pipe lol

MessyHonda
11-03-2006, 10:53 PM
it all started out with me driving down the 5 north headin home when i started to hear this werid rubbing noise coming from the tire i thought i was getting a flat tire. So as im getting over i feel a bump and look behind me to see part of my intake and filter fly off and into the middle of traffic sucks for who ever was behind me lol. so i pull over and check the damage the the plastic sheilding that goes into the wheel wheel was all fubared from rubing the wheel. si long story short the fact that a mabe the intake myself and didnt tighten the bolt that holds it to the upper part of the intake and the other fact that i removed the little plastic peice in front of the bumper so a crap load of air went in and pushed the filter through the bottom causeing it to rub oon the tire once the hole was big enough it said see ya. LOL sucked but all i could do was laugh :Owned:

how was your intake? full CAI or short ram....lol sucks about the K&N filter....they cost alot of money....lol funny story...did you drive with out a filter.....i would of put a sock over the pipe...LOL

frantik
11-04-2006, 12:43 AM
damn that sucks.. so yeah did you drive home without a filter or what?

ChaseR
11-04-2006, 03:38 AM
wtf is DUCK TAPE, its DUCT TAPE PEOPLE. Yes I am aware of a brand of "Duct Tape" that is known as "Duck brand duct tape" But shit.

HostileJava
11-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Did you say plastic piping?

mkymonkey
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
yeah i was going to ask the same thing. please dont tell me you made youre intake out of pvc....

frantik
11-04-2006, 01:12 PM
wtf is DUCK TAPE, its DUCT TAPE PEOPLE. Yes I am aware of a brand of "Duct Tape" that is known as "Duck brand duct tape" But shit.

according to one rumour, there was actually duck tape before duct tape... but according to wikipedia duct tape was actually 1st

alboy86
11-04-2006, 09:27 PM
it was a full CAI only the last bend was plastic it was a plastic bend ya i took my sock off and put it on over the last part of the intake so im back to having a short ram baught a cheap filter off ebay itll do for now lol

gunna go back to CAI once i fix the front of the wheel well just gotta find a JY around SD sure theres tons of them.

MessyHonda
11-04-2006, 09:41 PM
it was a full CAI only the last bend was plastic it was a plastic bend ya i took my sock off and put it on over the last part of the intake so im back to having a short ram baught a cheap filter off ebay itll do for now lol

i hella(sorry monkey had to use it) called that....ROFL